PDA

View Full Version : anyone help?

DJRazza
26-02-2004, 10:59 AM
ive had my decks for 6 months but i cant get the hang of mixing at all ive been listening to underground stuff since 1993 but never got any decks till now anyone got advice on mixing cos i mess up all the time

EmotionComplex
26-02-2004, 11:01 AM
tbh mate its all about persiverance, some take longer than others but sooner or later i reckon youl pick it up.

DJRazza
26-02-2004, 11:02 AM
how do you make tunes like youres i just listened to one u did was a cracking tune mate

EmotionComplex
26-02-2004, 11:03 AM
practise all the time too mate, when i first started i was spending about 6-8 hours a day doing it and a lot of the time doing it at my mates houses afterwords too, youl soon click, i think i was doing good after about a month or 2 of full on practise so maybe you just need to give it some more time

DJRazza
26-02-2004, 11:05 AM
cheers mate i dont get much time to practise about 3 times a week but il put more effort in

EmotionComplex
26-02-2004, 11:05 AM
how do you make tunes like youres i just listened to one u did was a cracking tune mate

thanxmate, im a far way off from making styuff that could be released i think but if you want to start making your own music theres loads of ways you can learn on your pc mate, fruity loops is a good starting point and theres lots of tutorials on the net and stuff

DJRazza
26-02-2004, 11:06 AM
how do i get fruity loops ive heard of it but how ya get hold of it and how much it cost?

EmotionComplex
26-02-2004, 11:14 AM
you can get the latest package for about 100 quid i think

DJRazza
26-02-2004, 11:17 AM
where can i get it from

K Front
26-02-2004, 11:20 AM
With mixing, i practiced for a while but never really got the hang of beat matching. So i stuck with the same two records for hours untill i could mix them perfect. Just mixing them in and out, and youll notice to alter the speed different for the next time and the beats match for longer. I kept doing this untill i clicked on how to alter the pitch, slower or faster, when you hear the beats comming out of place.
Once you can line the beats up its just finding your own way of keeping them in, but you can get back to that if you need to later on.
Thats just beat matching, not sure if that helps at all. ;)

EmotionComplex
26-02-2004, 11:21 AM
if i were you id get hold of a "demo" ;) first and see if its what you want to do and then maybe look into buying the full version :cool:

DJRazza
26-02-2004, 11:21 AM
thanks mate a big help cheers

DJRazza
26-02-2004, 11:22 AM
ok but where from?

EmotionComplex
26-02-2004, 11:23 AM
pm ;)

zigojacko
28-02-2004, 05:50 AM
With mixing, it's all about practice and then before you know it, it starts to go smoothly and come a bit more naturally. Just keep playing about on your decks and it'll come mate. I taught myself just by playing about with it (using a user-friendly mixer first of all - pmsl)...

A good place to see if you can get hold of muzic software is from limewire and kaaza and file sharing programs like that...

the likes of :-

fruityloops
cubase
cakewalk
reason
logic

can often be found on there...

if unsuccessful, i can get hold of most stuff with next to nothing price if that helps... :lol:

Inferno
28-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Don't start practicing with disted bass like Switchblade's "Beton" or tracks like that one.

Just don't give up! You can do it :)

Peace.

DJRazza
06-03-2004, 11:56 AM
the day i can beat match il be a pro lol watch this space hahahahah

Ryan
09-03-2004, 08:14 AM
I can't believe no-one has even asked what style of music you play!!

Which is it??

cascade
09-03-2004, 12:28 PM
hahaha
nice topic.
ive been mixing for about 5 years now and producing for about 8months.

like everyones said you should keep at it and it will click soon.

someone can show the methods of mixing but actually knowing which reocrd is faster or slower is something that will only develope in your brain after a certain amount of time.

tbh you should have a go n them everyday, even if its just for 30mins.
i remember when i first realised i could beat matched i did between 2 and 3 hours a day, everyday for about 3 years, ive cut down abit now becuase i do alot of producing(i try :lol: ) .

i would say learn how to mix before making a track beause good tracks are always the ones that have great structure and youl learn this when you become good at mixing, youll know when the changes come and how to recognise structures.

fruity a great start,
a general knowledge of a keyboard helps.

if ya need any further advise or a full guide to mixing pm me cause ive taght quite a few people now and il post ya some notes i did to help people.
ok

cas-trol GTX

DJRazza
11-03-2004, 12:39 PM
i play mostly hard trance and some hardstyle

278d7e64a374de26f==