PDA

View Full Version : It's All Valid Techno In The End

The Overfiend
01-09-2011, 06:45 PM
What's up everyone, it's time I've made a confession.
I still love this music we call techno.
At times I think I've been guilty of genre bashing admittedly.
Now looking in retrospect, who am I to judge what that producer was passionate about at the time. I've kept an ear on what's occurring lately, and it's inspiring.
I see less of a focus on a particular sound, and more just making damn good techno.
I've been gone for a while, taking care of responsibilities, persuing a tattooing career, and newfound fatherhood.
Reason I have not made music, well, my daughter destroyed my lil setup, Murphy's Law!
I was listening to The Anxious Brazil live pa, and got excited.
Then I listened to Brandon DeCarlo's set in Belgium last month, and got hype!
I'd like to return to techno, but it's not my main priority, I am enjoying my time as a listener again. When the right time comes, I'll write again, for now, I think I'll enjoy the output until it's time for me to ride the mechanical horse back into the game.

thank you techno, for making me a believer again.

blistanbul
02-09-2011, 03:44 AM
reeko and bas mooy = lovely.

it is cracking isn't it?

thanks to that lad that refer to me it>?

the woman of black glove, hahhaha....

MARK ANXIOUS
02-09-2011, 04:14 AM
I feel this post completely....

I went through a similar problem.. I had to stop producing to think about what really matters. It made me realise so much. Now I am on mission. Chrissi and I have done 20 tracks in 4 months - and reshaped our sound. Techno has changed..... Sometimes I think you have to do that. Take yourself out of the equation and re-group.. And it's a good thing..

Cant wait to hear what you're about to do... Good luck man...

FuK-NuT
02-09-2011, 10:25 AM
my love has been rekindled recently also due to being reunited with my vinyl...
started a bad ass mix last night...should have it down this weekend. im excited!

serato and digital are on hold for the forseable....

DannyBlack
08-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Now that I'm going to be gainfully unemployed by the 7th of October, I have more time to make what I FEEL is Techno.

I still think white noise build ups are shite though. That won't change.

qUE
09-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Now that I'm going to be gainfully unemployed by the 7th of October, I have more time to make what I FEEL is Techno.

With you on the white noise build to nothing, except they're nearly always in minimal techno.

qUE
09-09-2011, 12:25 AM
my love has been rekindled recently also due to being reunited with my vinyl...
started a bad ass mix last night...should have it down this weekend. im excited!

serato and digital are on hold for the forseable....

My Technics are out of action due to a missing arm on one deck, also it's having the space to set it up :(

Currently favouring playing out with 3ETAM (loop mixing system) mostly atm, but I'll move back into using the two together as soon as the novelty has worn off :)

teknorich
09-09-2011, 06:41 AM
With you on the white noise build to nothing, except they're nearly always in minimal techno.

The white noise hisses, the "Spastik" style snare drum rip offs and the lightweight poppy little drums that sound more like someone tapping the lid of a tube of pringles than a proper Techno kick? Ha ha, I hear ya!

As someone once wisely said (or printed on a t-shirt at least) - "Bored of Minimal." (http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/composition/22183881/view/1/producttypecolor/2/type/png/width/190/height/190/bored-of-minimal_design.png)

FuK-NuT
09-09-2011, 09:42 AM
aye it might all be valid in some way or another...swings an round abouts!

im more concerned at the way its performed these days, no one really stands out for me
at the moment.....fuk loads of technology and music kicking about but most tend to churn
it out just like the man next to them...

id like to book someone for technical ability!!

its all got a bit to "safe" for me ...

JamieBall
11-09-2011, 11:22 AM
aye it might all be valid in some way or another...swings an round abouts!

im more concerned at the way its performed these days, no one really stands out for me
at the moment.....fuk loads of technology and music kicking about but most tend to churn
it out just like the man next to them...

id like to book someone for technical ability!!

its all got a bit to "safe" for me ...

Most of these "producers" these days aren't even hip to knowing how to play at a rock show, cause they're real jerks.

I me or my friends appear at a rock jam you know we're gonna smash a horses behind with a wooden board.

JamieBall
11-09-2011, 11:24 AM
And Tony, I'm kinda in the same place lately. Bought some music the other day that's just lolzy brutal haha.

All this "do nothing with 1 noise and use the same sounds as everyone else so as to make the track indistinguishable from all those around it" stuff is WACK, though, and there's still a lot of it out there.

I'm just looking for music that's going to punish a horses behind with a belt.

djfilthmonger
15-09-2011, 01:01 PM

white noise is terrible

Elvio Neto
18-09-2011, 03:24 AM
incredible how they destroyed the name of a great style of techno...

minimal techno in other times was a great style of techno

"heiko laux - hangin" is one example of the classic minimal techno

how the hell one style of music that was supposed to be intelligent and futuristic got overrun by a bunch of weird gay noises that sound all the same

i hope one day they change the name of the genre to "there is no techno inside"

the "masters" of "techno" this days only have one pack of samples and a cracked copy of ableton... this is terrible (i think ableton was one of the worst things that ever appeared in the techno, now everybody can make weird noises and be a professional DJ)

ritaheed
18-09-2011, 07:19 PM
incredible how they destroyed the name of a great style of techno...

minimal techno in other times was a great style of techno

"heiko laux - hangin" is one example of the classic minimal techno

how the hell one style of music that was supposed to be intelligent and futuristic got overrun by a bunch of weird gay noises that sound all the same

i hope one day they change the name of the genre to "there is no techno inside"

the "masters" of "techno" this days only have one pack of samples and a cracked copy of ableton... this is terrible (i think ableton was one of the worst things that ever appeared in the techno, now everybody can make weird noises and be a professional DJ)

I think techno nowadays has destroyed the techno the way it used to be

unless someone can point me in the direction that someone is producing rough raw real techno??

FuK-NuT
19-09-2011, 11:22 AM
I think techno nowadays has destroyed the techno the way it used to be

unless someone can point me in the direction that someone is producing rough raw real techno??

geez a nod if u find any ;)

clubsynthetic
28-09-2011, 03:39 PM
having no problem at all finding new stuff as well as stuff I've missed over the last 5-10 years.

still buying records but mainly from dicogs.

How many folk here are engineers as well as artists? I think with the sound engineering course I am doing here we learn about keeping an open mind with most/all/as much as we can tollarate with band music as well as electronic.

Plus, I think some of the BEST techno I have ever heard has came from people with very limited techno backgrounds! So jumping on a genre bashing train is just building a wall against your own imagination in a sense!

teknorich
28-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Can you give some names / post some links?

clubsynthetic
28-09-2011, 11:23 PM
some of the folk who rock my world are

subjex
Fin-Franklin
DJ Urban
Ghetto B Boyz
Superjohan
The Black Dog
Queaver and Versus - Although no longer together
Hanno Hinkelbien
Jason Leach