27-02-2004, 09:22 PM
;)

Spark
27-02-2004, 10:08 PM
Word!

g
27-02-2004, 10:45 PM
no question.
though i much prefer ginger/public energy no.1/a shocking hobby over the other stuff.

romelpotter
28-02-2004, 09:48 AM
****in ai :lol:

meri
28-02-2004, 10:54 AM
What's the novamute second collaborations like?

Francisco Scaramanga
28-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Patterns does it for me every time - what a maestro!

fitipaldi
28-02-2004, 02:53 PM
krekc and bugmod are both amazing tunes

DJPAUZE
28-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Quality all the way!
His way with effects is undescribable.

DJ Pauze :twisted:

tioneb
28-02-2004, 04:43 PM
pannik stays my rpefered

collabs 200 dispointed me

Buttman
28-02-2004, 04:56 PM
A Shocking Hobby :shock:

technonasty
28-02-2004, 05:11 PM
Have seen the guy do two live sets here in Belfast and they are top notch....he's coming to Dublin and Belfast in March as well so people round those parts keep your eyes peeled :shock:

TRB
28-02-2004, 05:12 PM
****ing Brilhant...
:twisted:

dJpZ
28-02-2004, 07:51 PM
collabs 200 is great by far better than 100, i'm having some fun with 2 copies of it :cool:

tioneb
28-02-2004, 10:02 PM
A Shocking Hobby :shock:

after years of wait the pannick / patterns got repressed and i got it today.. ferox laughd a lot to the real freak i am when i jumped of joy getting this record

the "punnick" track is something which is history of dark/experimental techno

idontlikeitinthathole
28-02-2004, 11:40 PM
:shock:
speedy j live pa stream: http://www.paxahau.com/sounds/2003/coctober/10-11-03_speedyj_burst.ram

Dustin Zahn
29-02-2004, 01:35 AM
A shocking hobby is his most amazing work yet. I can't wait for another non-techno album from him.

The Divide
29-02-2004, 10:32 AM
Seem him do a live PA twice, both times he blew the fcukin roof of the club. What an awesome producer. I've got a copy of 'Panic' cost me 20 quid :lol:

StoQ
29-02-2004, 11:12 AM
i've heard him live acting in Poland. Amazing... the best track: bugmode,
like also tanga vinyl

tekku7181
29-02-2004, 12:12 PM
krekc and bugmod are both amazing tunes

agreed -- heard him live once and it was great!

anx
29-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Seem him do a live PA twice, both times he blew the fcukin roof of the club. What an awesome producer. I've got a copy of 'Panic' cost me 20 quid :lol:

aw man that totally sucks! they just repressed it, you can find it for 5! sorry to be an ass....

my favorite track by him has got to be the point blank remix. it destroys any dance floor any time. i have named it my secret weapon track.

The Divide
29-02-2004, 10:28 PM

aw man that totally sucks! they just repressed it, you can find it for 5! sorry to be an ass....

my favorite track by him has got to be the point blank remix. it destroys any dance floor any time. i have named it my secret weapon track.

Feckin ell! :lol:

Gloomy
01-03-2004, 07:44 AM
Jochem is one of my personal favs. I could listen to his sets (techno or experimental) every day. Just amazing production & amazing sound. He is a true artist and a profesional.

We had him over as a guest this weekend and it was great. Check the pics here: http://gallery.psilon.org/2004-02-27-K4

meri
01-03-2004, 10:06 AM
collabs 200 is great by far better than 100, i'm having some fun with 2 copies of it

Cool.... I thought the first one was strong so this sounds promising.

Is it similar in style?

dfndr
01-03-2004, 09:23 PM
pannik stays my rpefered

collabs 200 dispointed me

same here!

The Teknoist.
02-03-2004, 12:18 AM
Krekc is an alltime fav.

wurrd.

The Overfiend
02-03-2004, 01:59 AM
king....

dcdn
02-03-2004, 10:13 AM
download his set at shockers 2003, i downloaded it via kazaa. I was at that party here in amsterdam, that set rocked`!

T
02-03-2004, 12:29 PM
LEGEND

Agreed

Love his old stuff Ginger/G-spot etc as well as his fierce techno trax of today. Quality whatever he does.

romelpotter
02-03-2004, 12:42 PM
I played at a dj comp once, everybody was playing house and handbag I played speedy j patterns, punnik etc. I was laughing hysterically coz peoples faces were just showing pure pain, sorrow, ohhhh my poor ears. needless to say I didn't go though. :doh: :lol: :lol:

TechnoLaydee
02-03-2004, 03:16 PM
Would love to see speedy j, but never got the chance :doh:

Lisa Lavish
02-03-2004, 04:30 PM
cant wait to see speedy j in electric city,dublin in 2 weeks...gona be a stomper of a night!! :clap:

ampassasinbirmingham
02-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Speedy J got me into techno :shock:

I was converted by watching him. Very very intense sets.

ampassasinbirmingham
02-03-2004, 05:33 PM
where u lot get your copies of pannick

TechnoLaydee
02-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Speedy J got me into techno :shock:

I was converted by watching him. Very very intense sets.

yeah loudboxer was one of the first techno albums i bought!

slavestudios
02-03-2004, 10:11 PM
hes one of the best ever. simple.

Pannik is a legend on vinyl.

Loudboxer & all its parts & 12s... they go in the box & the dont come out...

seen him twice, own almost everything hes done...

he changed my attitude to performing live. totally re-wrote everything i belived in.

and Sweat boxer ? HIS club where he organized EVERYTHING to his own spec ? THATS a true creator.

i thought i was gonna cry the first time i seen him live. ive never ever been so happy in my entire life. it was better than any drug ever...

and then i seen what he was using. jus 2 SU700s and no midi lead ? hes the Master.

Krikc is everything i want from techno. and the live version on Loudboxer is just the best...

he simply defines techno

Dustin Zahn
02-03-2004, 10:29 PM
He's good but I wouldn't go that far. I saw Speedy J live and I thought it was amazing as well, but I also thought it sounded like the other sets I've heard of his for the past couple years.

massplanck
02-03-2004, 10:36 PM
A shocking hobby is his most amazing work yet. I can't wait for another non-techno album from him.

thats his most 'techno' as far as I am concerend!!!!

when you hear the sounds in it you wanna just throw away everything you have ever made and start from scratch!

jake
02-03-2004, 10:39 PM
yeah id say a shocking hobby is pretty techno to me.. and a damn fine album. his best work imho is vrs.ambnt.pcs on fax though!!!!!!!

Dustin Zahn
02-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Well, I meant four-to-the-floor type stuff. Dance club tracks.

massplanck
02-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Well, I meant four-to-the-floor type stuff. Dance club tracks.

I know what you meant! But you know what I meant!

daviec
03-03-2004, 05:19 PM
I've seen Speedy J a couple of times and he was really good. First time at Godskitchen Global Gathering, he just blew me away. Superb stuff, and then at I Love Techno, again simply superb. :clap:

I like some of his older productions, but I wasn't aware of them first time round so it wasn't till I did a bit of searching after hearing him that I found Pannick and Pullover.

His remix on CLR and his Point Blank remix are amazing though. I think I'll dig out the Point Blank one for later this month.

Wecko J
04-03-2004, 10:10 AM
I've seen him once... @ I Love Techno Outdoor Festival 2003, and I liked hem very very much. That set was awesome! I would love to hear him again... offcorse I'm also very proud of him because he's dutch : :lol:

Chicago_Techno
05-03-2004, 03:12 PM
I've had a chance to see Speedy J last year in Detroit at some DEMF's afterparty. I must say I was pretty much brought down to my knees, rough, hard and right on the subject.
He played a really well programed live act and left one hell of an impression on everyone in the building. Hands down! :)

death on a stick
05-03-2004, 03:19 PM
I've had a chance to see Speedy J last year in Detroit at some DEMF's afterparty. I must say I was pretty much brought down to my knees, rough, hard and right on the subject.
He played a really well programed live act and left one hell of an impression on everyone in the building. Hands down! :)
was that the live set that lasted about 3 hours? with loads of deep breakdowns and ambient sections?

Chicago_Techno
05-03-2004, 03:24 PM
the live set that lasted about 3 hours? with loads of deep breakdowns and ambient sections?

Yes it was... You can hear this live act at www.paxahau.com

death on a stick
05-03-2004, 03:37 PM
yeah I've heard/watched some of it. should check the whole thing, it looked amazing from what I saw. So much better than the crappy banging-and-nothing-else live sets he's done over the past few years.

G-BO
05-03-2004, 04:20 PM
hes playing shine on te 20th march, canne wait, alongside the youngsters

:lol:

djvartan
06-03-2004, 12:34 AM
is the man of LIVE PA

rezok
10-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Every track. Every single one.
Every album. Every single one!
Every gig.
Every sound.
Every high and every low.
Every bass line that kicks you in the stomach.

There is no one better. NO ONE. No Mills, No Hawtin, No Sims.

NO ONE! THIS MAN IS THE GOD OF TECHNO. PERIOD.

:love:

gunjack
10-09-2004, 03:15 PM
ok. go change your shorts and switch off those commercial announcements. :roll:

he does a very good live set. has been around for a long time and has recorded some damned good music, but the guy goes too far over the hippy dippy trance line for me and i understand why more goa trance, hippy type acid djs play his stuff way more than hard techno djs.

but anyway, my personal opinion aside, the FACT remains that you just cant call this guy unprofesional. he is to be respected i think.

miss bass
10-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Oh i do think speedy j is class.

I mean i would love to see him live more than anyone actually.

:love: :love: :love:

rezok
10-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Thats a little unfair.

Analogan and Point Blank are hardly trancey.

Im a fan I admit, but implying the un-implyable!!... :nono:

But at least you agree he is to be respected. ;)
I think he's to be cherished and adored.

gunjack
10-09-2004, 03:20 PM
Analogan and Point Blank are hardly trancey

ummmmm i dunno what planet you come from bro, but both of those tunes are huge with those trance people. :doh:

rezok
10-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Ok fair enough.

I guess thats a good thing. And it doesnt mean Jochem plays trance.

It just means people who like trance may alsdo like techno.

But as far as techno goes, he is No.1. I think. :cool: :lol:

zaalmoetlos
10-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Analogan and Point Blank are hardly trancey

ummmmm i dunno what planet you come from bro, but both of those tunes are huge with those trance people. :doh:

it all depends on what your defenition of trance is i don't see the comparison but then i might have a different view of what trance is

how many producers put out a classic just about every year i can't name one producer who has made as many quality tracks as he has. i don't buy many of his tracks at the moment though got a bit bored with the sound he's doing a the moment. i am waiting for him to make another switch in style and hoping it will be a good one as he has done many a times in the past

anx
10-09-2004, 03:35 PM
woa, analogon and point blank, trance??

just because they have super long buildups, does not make it trance.
its still loop driven, percussion based, TECHNO. there are no melodies, just rhythm. just because he drops the kickdrum for a long break, doesnt make it trance. as a matter of fact, i think that the only thing that those 2 tracks and trance have in common, are the fact that they all have long breakdowns.

its techno all the way. you can argue that its may be "progressive techno" if you want to lable it, but no way is it trance.

point blank is in my opinion, one of the best techno tracks ever written. ever. its a bloody masterpiece. a techno masterpiece.

gunjack
10-09-2004, 03:39 PM
dude. they are techno tracks. i never said they were trance, i just said that all the trance kids love em. why do you think that is? like you said, BIG BREAKS AND BUILDS, but that alone doesnt give it the ghey trance feeling. i happen to think its all the bright flangers etc., but who the f@ck cares? those trax get played by trance DJs because they feel like trance.
as does alot of speedy j material in my opinion.

GJ

jesus
10-09-2004, 03:42 PM
the main point for me is that he doesnt use a computer sequencer ,every tune is a live jam tidyied up. which is good

xfive
10-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Regardless of any comments above, electric deluxe still owns :lol:

anx
10-09-2004, 04:20 PM
dude. they are techno tracks. i never said they were trance, i just said that all the trance kids love em. why do you think that is? like you said, BIG BREAKS AND BUILDS, but that alone doesnt give it the ghey trance feeling. i happen to think its all the bright flangers etc., but who the f@ck cares? those trax get played by trance DJs because they feel like trance.
as does alot of speedy j material in my opinion.

GJ

sorry mate, i just saw someone arguing that it wasnt trance, and i thought somewhere in this thread someone claimed that it was trance, so i went off a bit. i wasnt arguing with anythin you said...i agree with what you said. spose i should read the whole thead next time.

i played the point blank track, to a trancier crowd (scot project was the headliner that night) and they ate it up.

and yea, electric deluxe is great :)

rezok
11-09-2004, 09:08 AM
Electric Deluxe.
Pannik.
Krekc.
Krikc.
Analogan.
Point Blank.
Ignition Key.
Collabs 100//200
Tanga.
Bugmod.

These are all AMAZINGLY TOTALLY MASSIVE tunes that you cant "accidently" produce. The guy is a genius. And if trance kids like it, so be it.

That was my original post. That Jochem is no.1
Someone made a good point earlier about a "new style". It would be interesting to see what he takes his mind to - no doubt it will be equally as amazing as Loudboxer and Shocking Hobby.

I love the man.

The Overfiend
12-09-2004, 01:33 AM
Get your hands on the mp3 of his Time Warp Live Pa.
That's what I call a motherf*cking Live Pa.
Contest me on this I dare you.

Speedy J is king, I said it.

Adverse
12-09-2004, 06:46 AM
i saw speedy j and it was ok. i enjoyed it.

his techno is soft in comparison to the other stuff he makes which is really good music.

king.. meh. mad respect though.

MARKEG
12-09-2004, 06:55 AM
if speedy j is trance, i'll eat my right foot :crackup:

i remember first becoming aware of speedy with his first track on the plus 8 label. there was a track you could play at 2 different speeds. woooooahhhh that blew me away.

since then he's impressed me over and over again. i love the way he took a break from techno for a bit and produced a whole heap of weird electronica. then came back to techno with a revamped approach. respect. that must have taken some guts.

i think when ppl talk about legends they mention mills, perhaps atkins, but noone really says about speedy j until a thread like this comes up.

i for one say he is a legend.

public energy anyone? oh god i need a tissue :)

rezok
12-09-2004, 10:21 AM
As you can see, Im new to the forum so I searched for topics Im interested in and Jochem was one of them - number 1 in fact.

So I used it as an opportunity to share my view with like minded people only to get shot down by someone saying he isnt all that.

Im glad all y'all have come up in support of me! He IS the KING, you said it, I said it...and thats all their is to it!!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

neko
12-09-2004, 11:25 AM

got this the other day.
tis a beast indeed :clap:

Frank Dogshit
12-09-2004, 02:46 PM
noone nails it like speedy j.

for me its the best type of techno to listen to. the techno he makes as i would say has 'got balls to it' :lol:. if i come across a new speedy tune in a shop itll probably be the only record that i will analyse fully,listen to all of it in the 1 sitting.his techno just grabs you and rips you to shreds on the dancefloor.
ive also noticed too that i never seem to get bored of hearing his tracks no matter how much i hear them out.obviously 90% of tunes you can get sick of hearing after theyve been pumped into your ears non stop but these tunes just keep you hooked constantly and makes you go nuts everytime you hear them out. for me thats what makes a classic track.

:clap:

slavestudios
13-09-2004, 01:55 PM
seen Speedy J 4 times & he never fails.

brilliant producer, live act & general example of how t0o do it right...

and a very nice bloke as well...

Legend indeed :clap:

anx
13-09-2004, 05:33 PM

thanks, im going to download it today. i remember listening to one of his old live pa's at coccoon club, and it blew me away. this was before i even owned any of his records. then i went on a mad speedy j binge and bought everything by him i could get my hands on.

i still have not seen him live, due to where i live. the only headliners that are techno that ever come to my city are the london techno guys (no diss to them, but i would love some diversity here)

it is my goal in my partying life to see him at least once. hopefully he is in australia next year when i am there

davethedrummer
13-09-2004, 06:05 PM
if speedy j is trance, i'll eat my right foot :crackup:

i remember first becoming aware of speedy with his first track on the plus 8 label. there was a track you could play at 2 different speeds. woooooahhhh that blew me away.

since then he's impressed me over and over again. i love the way he took a break from techno for a bit and produced a whole heap of weird electronica. then came back to techno with a revamped approach. respect. that must have taken some guts.

i think when ppl talk about legends they mention mills, perhaps atkins, but noone really says about speedy j until a thread like this comes up.

i for one say he is a legend.

public energy anyone? oh god i need a tissue :)

nice one markey!

public energy / wicked saw on plus 8 / g spot on novamute?? / that old album he did on warp years ago????

there's a lot more to this man than the loudboxer style he's been doing recently.

he was quite trancey once , but now it's heads down techno all the way
saw him at atomic jam doing his public energy stuff a few years ago and he rocked!!!!

always been a fan , still am.

serox
15-09-2004, 10:59 AM
yeh the old stuff i have heard i like the most:)

great producer still. :clap:

miss bass
15-09-2004, 12:20 PM
cant wait to see him at voodoo v atomic jam ( well if i can afford it)

:love: :love: :love:

Frank Dogshit
15-09-2004, 12:46 PM
you thinkin of rollin down to voodoo then eh?dedication if you do!

ill be down the front givin it some so come say hello. :cool:

rezok
15-09-2004, 12:58 PM
I'd be really interested to hear in what he is playing nowadays.

I guess he is still on the Loudboxer thing - but hangin with anticipation for what his new style will bring. He has managed to amaze every step of the way so no doubt this wont be any different.

Any punts on what the "new" will be ? :!: :!:

278d7e64a374de26f==