PDA

View Full Version : techno time

detfella
01-03-2004, 01:44 AM
how many hours a day or a week do you spend making music?

Antinoise
01-03-2004, 06:09 AM
As of late I try to put in one hour a day. Sometimes I can squeeze in more time... but owning my own company makes it unrealistic to do much more.

Even in a day off though I find I can't sit down all day and make music. After about 2 hours my ears are starting to fade and after 4hours I'm num. At that point its time to pack it in. The next day I can pick out all the things I could not hear within the first 5 minutes and a fresh pair of ears.

1 hours=fun
2 hours=productive
4 hours=work
8 hours=a career... you better be making some $

MARKEG
01-03-2004, 10:01 AM
making music? when we're really on it it is 9am till about 11pm solid for 4 days at a time. but recently it's tended to be about 12pm till 7pm 2-3 days a week but even that's hard to fit in at the mo.

if you're serious about this game you've got to really put the hours in. but when you say about $'s.. no not really. you don't make much. well at least, we don't. it's the DJing which pays the rent for me.

DJZeMig_L
01-03-2004, 01:36 PM
I'm lucky if I can pull 1-2 h a day in a weekday... althoug I am surrounded by gear and music... but not much of that time is 4 my own! :(

Antinoise I hope I am dead wrong here but U do know the volume/ level button also goes down right? :doh: ... ehehe

Z

professor
01-03-2004, 01:52 PM
I try to devote all day sunday to music...other than that Wednesday evening is also set aside for music.

A wife, a 50-60hr/week job, and all the other things that go along with life tend to take up nearly all my time.

Also, I just don't seem to get anything accomplished with music unless I spend more than a couple of hours at it at any given time. An hour can be taken up just by turning everything on and trying to figure out were i was when I last left off.

Mika Silo
01-03-2004, 08:31 PM
i'm quite busy at school, so i'm glad when i can spend to hours a day making music :S

Antinoise
01-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Antinoise I hope I am dead wrong here but U do know the volume/ level button also goes down right? :doh: ... ehehe

Volume Button? Where is that.. I don't think the guy at the store sold me that option.. If I got one can it go louder too?

mohahaha

Antinoise
01-03-2004, 09:26 PM
but when you say about $'s.. no not really. you don't make much. well at least, we don't. it's the DJing which pays the rent for me.

Yes.. but puting out tracks is the best self promotion you can do for getting gigs. So the 2 are tied really.

yorkie
02-03-2004, 01:05 PM
about 5 hours per week

5 hours at weekend as well

scienceofuse
03-03-2004, 05:10 PM
If I didn't go to school, I'd probably spend whole months doing nothing but making music, but since I have a lot of work (I study graphic design), I spend more time drawing human figures than drawing in automation lanes... :) So nowadays I probably spend only about two solid hours a day to concentrate on my production... No wonder I haven't released anything yet!

romelpotter
03-03-2004, 05:32 PM
before my comp messed up it was about 10 hr per week normally on the weekend. but now it is 0 hrs. I just seem to have lost something but I don't know what it is. some of my software has been wiped but I don't think its just that.

Sam_Horam
03-03-2004, 05:43 PM
About 10 hours production a week and 5 hours mixing a week.

Used to spend more time mixing before I started writing stuff.

I find that it's all or nothing with me - I've tried doing less but then I always end up drawn back to the machines.

dirty_bass
03-03-2004, 07:04 PM
Far too much time probably. I have forgotten what sunlight is, and my girlfriend has finally accepted that there are 2 women in my life. Her and the Music.
But, you really do have to put in the time, as perfection is a horizon forever farther away.

Bughead
03-03-2004, 10:56 PM
I dunno, it depends. If you get stuck into a track and feel that you are on a roll, then you wont find the time just dwindling by until you realise you have to be in work in have an hour and it take an hour and a half to get there.
I would say anywhere between 10 and 20 hours a week.

Basil Rush
04-03-2004, 12:38 AM
hours and hours and hours and hours... god knows ... i've not had a social life for ages :) (complete studio geek really i suppose, topping up my studio tan in front of the monitors)

SlavikSvensk
04-03-2004, 01:23 AM
whenever i get some time, which is probably an hour a day. writing a 120-page thesis for my MA kind of sucks up all my time. i'm a fast worker though.

278d7e64a374de26f==