PDA

View Full Version : Minidisc / solid state recorder for recdording mixes

pion33r
26-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Hello, just wondering if anyone here uses a portable minidisc or solid state recorder for recording their mixes? I'm stuck at the moment as my set up is in a different room to my desktop PC and impossible to wire in and would am really looking for a cheaper option than buying a laptop specifically for this one reason.

By the way, really surprised a feature to record high quality stereo line-in is still not available on today's smartphones, given their power and huge list of other useless features this looks like something that has been seriously overlooked...

qUE
26-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Yeah, use a studio MD recorder for recording gigs.

Have used MD to record tracks in the past, but the Atrac compression messes with the dynamics of the sound due to data compression techniques. Although it's still a shitload better than MP3.

Cheaper alternative to a laptop for recording gigs is one of the Wondermedia/WinCE 6 based netbooks, you can pick one up for 50 quid and it'll record WAV to SD. They're even in tablet form. I have one of these netbooks and I'm personally switching over to this because swapping MDs is a bit of a pain in a club or outdoor party :)

278d7e64a374de26f==