PDA

View Full Version : I just bought a xoxbox!

xes
27-01-2012, 03:05 PM
I am rather chuffed with myself about it too. :rubiggrin:

i pick it up in the week. here she is.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=2ef3ac9dd3&view=att&th=1351fdce9372abe8&attid=0.1.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw

xes
27-01-2012, 03:12 PM
sorry about the f*cking huge picture btw. Will sort it out when I sober up....

ritaheed
27-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Nice one - they look and sound well nice!

hardacid
27-01-2012, 03:44 PM
one day i shall produce...im actually reading the latest stephen king 11/whatever/63 and i would travel back to the 80's and buy all the bargain basement rolands

timemachine time please

xes
01-02-2012, 11:08 AM
today is the day I pick it up.

I'm so happy I could shit rainbows. (pot of gold optional)

What should I get to compliment it? I'm considering an korg electribe esx...it looks like it does some good bass patterns, sampling, plus some good old fashioned techno noises. Can anyone reccomend anything else? (that does pretty much the same)

-LETHAL-ONE-
01-02-2012, 05:12 PM

What should I get to compliment it? I'm considering an korg electribe esx...it looks like it does some good bass patterns, sampling, plus some good old fashioned techno noises. Can anyone reccomend anything else? (that does pretty much the same)

Get a Boss Super Overdrive pedal and a Chorus pedal..... They give your Acid lines that special UMMMPH!!! You'll thank me later for the suggestion..... trust me... :cool2:

fils_here
01-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Get a Boss Super Overdrive pedal and a Chorus pedal..... They give your Acid lines that special UMMMPH!!! You'll thank me later for the suggestion..... trust me... :cool2:

:unibrow:

ritaheed
01-02-2012, 11:01 PM

Yeah get some crazy distortion pedal for sure! and maybe go for something like an Electron Machine drum if youve got the cash - quality drum machines

xes
02-02-2012, 06:41 AM
How much fun is this little box? Shit loads of fun, that's how much fun! Got to get some 1/4 inch jacks, but I can play in headphone land until then. Will look into funky pedals when I get a chance, cheers for the reccomendations.

Are drum machine synth combos not much good then? (like the electribe) I don't have the money for an elektron, by the looks of it!

ritaheed
02-02-2012, 11:23 AM
The elektron is a machine drum synth aswell, I had the electribe and it was cool.

Not as good as the likes of the elektron or NI machine IMO but would still work good.

Have a look into WMD distortion pedals - some quality ones with crazy effects - im defo up for a geiger counter or there acoustic trauma!

xes
02-02-2012, 09:04 PM
and on the up side, pedals are cheaper than drum machines :rucool:

ritaheed
02-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah man just arrange your beats within your DAW and have the xoxbox playing away with the pedals

Wonder if the xoxbox sounds nicer than the acid lab machines!?

xes
16-02-2012, 11:11 AM
well apparently the x0x is the closest yet to the 303, but I've not compared it to anything, as I have nothing to compare it to.

I have just ordered an electribe sx sd, as I reckon it's going to be fairly easy to use, and that's important to me, as I'm a novice learner type dude. I think I've ordered the right leads to hook it all up too, including he xox to my mixer, as it's currently running through the mic output, which isn't ideal.....

I have spoken to the x0x, and it is ok with me bringing in another machine to enhance our fun. I love my xox, it understands me :rucool:

ritaheed
16-02-2012, 11:47 AM
You'l just need midi cables to run from your interface to the electribe to the x0x box and use your DAW as to set the bpm you want - thats what i do anyways

And just jack to jack cables to put into your mixer and interface

xes
16-02-2012, 12:20 PM
there's no jack input/output on my mixer (numark dxm09) I can use phono's on the line though, which is why I just bought a jack-phono cable. I'm not even sure what DAW means :ruretard:

-LETHAL-ONE-
21-02-2012, 02:30 AM
there's no jack input/output on my mixer (numark dxm09) I can use phono's on the line though, which is why I just bought a jack-phono cable. I'm not even sure what DAW means :ruretard:

DAW= Digital Audio Workstation

DAW= ableton, logic, protools, bla bla bla.... you get the picture right ?????

Click on the link below for the full definition......
Digital audio workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_audio_workstation)

xes
21-02-2012, 08:50 AM
aah right, something else to buy! (although someone is either going to try and retrieve reason4 from my old puter which won't turn on, or "aquire" me a newer version)Though thinking about it, not even sure reason can do this..... I had a hookey version of ableton too, but that again, is lost on an old PC. Might even buy a version for realsies. What with me being a bit flush at the moment....

Me electribe turned up, just got to get some midi cables. (hob for lunch time on the way to the pub) Been having fun pushing buttons to see what they do. Might even get a waldorf blofeld, they look a bit sexy.....(this hardware shit's well addictive, worse than crack!)

278d7e64a374de26f==