PDA

View Full Version : Hard as **** track, needs pointers

The Divide
02-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Something I am working on now, its a hard one.

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/23.mp3

Like to know how you think i can improve it? I will eventually add some hi hats

SlavikSvensk
02-03-2004, 01:48 AM
damn, the machines are angry! the part that i like best is the combo of the evil drums with the piano around 3 minutes in. i think that should be more prominent throughout the track.

also, some distorted and compressed high hats on the offbeat would give the track more motion.

dirty_bass
02-03-2004, 04:17 AM
Madness.
It`s hard to tell how this is gonna wor without hats really.
At the moment, it doesn`t roll nicely, but this is probably down to the lack of hats. I would probably make more use and exploit the fizzing white noize pad that starts around 52 seconds, as this adds a rushing drive to things. Ermm, it`s hard to pin it down, but it needs something to take away that "Sturm und Drang" on the kick military march (unless ziss iss vot you are vonting mein freund). An offbeat clonk or something to swing it out a little.
Reminds me of Sielwolf and some of the more nasty industrial stuff I used to really love.
Crazy madness!!
Industrial music for industrial people, as some old tranny once said.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Antinoise
02-03-2004, 06:43 AM
Its hard to coment on a track like this. Its kind of left feild so all the rules are gone. My natural notes are like Slavik to give it more flow.. But thats based in my need for everything to be dancefloor. This is not a dance floor track.

Barely Human
02-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Love this track!

Id would deffo get some dirty hats in there, and maybe some atmospherics, maybe an opra sample, or some monks or summit, **** knows :eh: I think the kick could do with the bottom end beefing up a bit aswell ;)

The Divide
02-03-2004, 01:40 PM
Some good points, it deffinatly needs something to give it flow. Its a bit all over the place. Cheers people

psyCodEd
02-03-2004, 04:19 PM
YOOO! nice tool so far. i don´t have ideas at the moment... but something is missing... work on it.. it´s a burner. :clap:

The Divide
02-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Madness.
(unless ziss iss vot you are vonting mein freund)
Industrial music for industrial people, as some old tranny once said.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hahahahahahhaha :crackup: :crackup:

Hey I think I knew that tranny too! :lol:

Theres a new link http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/23%2004.mp3

Ekström
02-03-2004, 06:42 PM
Damn...like this :twisted: :rambo: KEEP THE GOOD WORK UP!!!!

dan the acid man
02-03-2004, 07:27 PM
hard as hell, i agree with what people have been saying, it needs something to make it roll more, when the piano comes in towards the end it seems to groove more

dtl
02-03-2004, 09:52 PM
I have a picture of a massive bond fire sucking every surrounded on a field while I am listening to it. Massive.

Maybe the following will be good....

00.56 - The flight jet off sample, maybe filter the kicks a little to make it more stand out and spine riking.

01.14- Not so keen on the piano throughout, the more intense riff from 03.00 is better IMO. More of that please.

Its pretty sick regardless.

Eric.

dJpZ
02-03-2004, 10:32 PM
It was origanally hardcore then u puted to 140 bpm, right? :lol:

The Divide
02-03-2004, 11:30 PM
I have a picture of a massive bond fire sucking every surrounded on a field while I am listening to it. Massive.

Maybe the following will be good....

00.56 - The flight jet off sample, maybe filter the kicks a little to make it more stand out and spine riking.

01.14- Not so keen on the piano throughout, the more intense riff from 03.00 is better IMO. More of that please.

Its pretty sick regardless.

Eric.

Thanks man, I will try all this tomorrow ;)

Which sound to you mean by the piano? The heavy distorted kick thats coming in throught it

dirty_bass
03-03-2004, 12:56 AM
Hey I think I knew that tranny too!

You knew Genesis P Orrige? wow, did you share make up tips?? :lol:

dtl
03-03-2004, 01:00 AM
Piano.... The single note off your keyboard from 01.14 ish.... You did like double tab a few times..... Then you hit it once every 4 bars.... It's pretty annoying TBH..... But it sounds so much better when you go mad on two different notes......

Its just me though.

Eric.

Methodixxx
03-03-2004, 02:33 AM
I dig the ringing bell type sound (piano..?) through the track... makes it impact more when it fully comes in to crazy things up... circus on acid..? :rambo:

I think I prefer the sound of the version without the 909 hats in the intro... maybe some more percussion but those hats are too straight out raw 909 sounding.. :?:

Damn differently darn tootin' and all those distorted sounds are ****in kewl....

The Divide
03-03-2004, 01:38 PM
Cheers for that, I find it doesnt half speed things up when you have other people feeding back too you. Things arnt that obvious when your on your own.

Anyways here's the link, ime off for a brew. ;)

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/23%2005.mp3

F

SlavikSvensk
03-03-2004, 05:12 PM
listened to it again. very sharp. i like the changes you've made. piano is more prominent. hats give it some motion. i think they are still too dry though...

The Divide
03-03-2004, 09:20 PM
http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/23%2006.mp3

Thats me done for today, i had the hats lower pitched but combined with the amount of distortion on the kicks it made it sound too dirty imo soi ive ended up bringing them back up. Thats it for today, I will work on this later

The Divide
05-03-2004, 04:31 PM
How about now

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/23%2011.mp3

SlavikSvensk
05-03-2004, 07:55 PM
much better!

if you don't mind my asking, what software do you use?

The Divide
05-03-2004, 09:27 PM
much better!

if you don't mind my asking, what software do you use?

Sure, S.X 2 Battery, kontakt, reason 2.5 absynth and a shit load of plugins.

dan the acid man
05-03-2004, 10:12 PM
this is sounding alot better, love the hats especially

278d7e64a374de26f==