PDA

View Full Version : Redhead

Daire
02-03-2004, 09:43 AM
I used to be really into his productions, but then I heard his album on Zync - Dragon & Sword. I realised all of his tracks have the same forumla, and that nearly all the tracks on the album sound the exact same. Disappointed to say the least. :roll:

What do you guys think of his stuff?

killarava2day
02-03-2004, 10:07 AM
I think he's actually improved a fair bit since his earlier stuff on Zync etc. The latest on MBE is great, Nuclear Assault on Primate was really funky, I thought and the riddles ep was a ok.

And still my favourite was the Klein remix on Audio. I think that it still one of the hardest percussive techno he's ever made.

dcdn
02-03-2004, 10:12 AM
he's changed his style a bit on the last mb electronics, a softer kick with more bassline and still the hard clap, i didnt liked the latest releases.
older ones are far more better (you dont have to buy them all indeed they sound similar)

BloodStar
02-03-2004, 10:51 AM
His earlier production on Zync was a bit boring, but he is doing better now, imo. lot of his tracks has a similar formula, so you don't need to have all his Eps,,. but Nuclear Assault is funny,.,and also the Wooden Man RMX on Audio,is good,.

detfella
02-03-2004, 02:02 PM
i agree. redhead and bailey (are they brothers??) both tend to use the same forumla for making tracks. Phah :nono:

el_satan666
02-03-2004, 02:41 PM
I agree that they have a formula, but definately check out the earlier MBE's. Unreal. Although i think the track on MBE08, can't remember name, ripped off the bassline from Michael Jackson's Dirty Diana.

The formula is getting a bit old, but it's still enjoyable. Check out Tom Hades if you like Redhead. Bit grittier and less formulaic.

BloodStar
02-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Tom Hades is also often really boring, but some tracks ar4e good. It's same as MarcoBailey, or Redhead, or anybody form the company..

Dustin Zahn
02-03-2004, 06:33 PM
Marco Bailey sounded like Redhead because: Redhead used to help write his tracks with him.

Marco Bailey sounds like Tom Hades because: Tom Hades writes his tracks with him currently.

I used to like Redhead's stuff a lot (check Mankind 10 and his Skunkworks record). Anybody who used to be into the older MB stuff can also thank Redhead. Regardless, Redhead is one of the hardest DJs I've ever heard. I've heard him play harder and faster than DJ Rush.

I also like Tom Hades' first solo EP on Session. The only problem is the mastering was horrible which really sucked cause I loved the tracks. Currently, I can't get into much of the Belgian techno but there's no point in arguing/slagging it. Does anybody remember some of the older MB records on Primate where they actually used to be somewhat experimental? Wonder what happened to that edge.

The Overfiend
02-03-2004, 08:14 PM
Marco Bailey sounded like Redhead because: Redhead used to help write his tracks with him.

Marco Bailey sounds like Tom Hades because: Tom Hades writes his tracks with him currently.

I used to like Redhead's stuff a lot (check Mankind 10 and his Skunkworks record). Anybody who used to be into the older MB stuff can also thank Redhead. Regardless, Redhead is one of the hardest DJs I've ever heard. I've heard him play harder and faster than DJ Rush.

I also like Tom Hades' first solo EP on Session. The only problem is the mastering was horrible which really sucked cause I loved the tracks. Currently, I can't get into much of the Belgian techno but there's no point in arguing/slagging it. Does anybody remember some of the older MB records on Primate where they actually used to be somewhat experimental? Wonder what happened to that edge.

All very true, but i would also like to know what happened to the rougher percussive side of their work. Also do you have a set of this relentless redhead dj style don?

Dustin Zahn
02-03-2004, 08:22 PM
No...you can find them on slsk though. The older ones are a bit softer as he started playing a lot harder mainly like a year ago. BTW, your avatar? Where on earth did you find a clip of me kicking so much ass? Those jeans were brand new too. :(

anx
02-03-2004, 08:54 PM
older primate MB like Hyatt Performer and weird science were pretty different, kinda got into that style he has now when red light district came out...

jonnyspeed
02-03-2004, 10:17 PM
no idea what anybody is talking about but I did like Carl Falk - Multitude EP on zync grooves. that's got a phat booty funk to the bass line. Click the record for samples :)

http://www.vitalvinyl.com/images/products/47167.jpg (http://www.vitalvinyl.com/album/47167.info)

Daire
03-03-2004, 11:06 AM
I used to like Redhead's stuff a lot (check Mankind 10)

Yea, that's my favourite Redhead record ;)

Paul Zykotik
03-03-2004, 04:36 PM
I used to like Redhead's stuff a lot (check Mankind 10)

Yea, that's my favourite Redhead record ;)

The a-side is a superb track, I was playing that for months after it came out.

BloodStar
03-03-2004, 08:36 PM
is it Hertzhunter,,that Mankind 10?, is it?
a Dustin mentioned,, Redhead is really great Dj,.,I've got the Dj set played at Sphinx Ch 13-09-2003 and it's absolutly great. nice technique from 3 decks, fast and tight mixes. :clap:

DJZeMig_L
04-03-2004, 02:12 AM
I played not so long ago with RedHead, which I might had is a totall nutter and a real cool simple person, at that time he explained 2 me that when he started he wanted 2 make music that most people would like but with time we decided 2 go like... Fuc* it and started doing the harder stuff which was what he really liked .. that's when things really kicked off for him and he finally went solo...

He's been djing for a really long time and he's a total havin'it harder, faster more kind of dj!

Z

Daire
04-03-2004, 09:24 AM
is it Hertzhunter,,that Mankind 10?, is it?

No, I think Hertzhunter is on Zync. Thats actually a good tune aswell.

Wecko J
04-03-2004, 10:13 AM
I heart him a few weeks ago. He was the last dj to play @ An Exclusive Night With Chris Liebing in Cherrymoon (Lokeren, Belgium). And he was very good, I didn't expect that kind of music from him. Nice pace in his set, and very nice tracks, yeah... I really liked it :love:

quazkvas
04-03-2004, 11:54 AM
what about the wiepie track released on goodfellah label ? its a ****in belter

benn
04-03-2004, 01:24 PM
I've heard many boring releases from him, but some of them are superb. Humanized EP on Zync for example, one of my fav. tunes is this
http://www.nuloop.com/real/Zync/zync018_b2.rm

278d7e64a374de26f==