PDA

View Full Version : New Marco Bailey Album on MB

MARKEG
02-03-2004, 10:44 AM
Didn't like it. It felt like Marco Bailey trying to be experimental but it just didn't pull off at all. Actually I was absolutely gobsmaked at how un-experimental it actually was. Don't get me wrong I like some of his productions (alot of ppl are quick to slag him I know but they do serve a purpose) but this was just not right at all.

BloodStar
02-03-2004, 11:01 AM
Willl check it.,as it'll be available. Some of his tracks,aren't bad at all,,but anytime,u play any his Ep, it sounds too same to me. but some tracks are good,,deffinitely

duncandisorderly
02-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Didn't like it. It felt like Marco Bailey trying to be experimental but it just didn't pull off at all. Actually I was absolutely gobsmaked at how un-experimental it actually was. Don't get me wrong I like some of his productions (alot of ppl are quick to slag him I know but they do serve a purpose) but this was just not right at all.

are there any tracks on it worth using?

or is the whole thing an experimental soundscape type thingy?

Col
02-03-2004, 12:07 PM
[quote="MARK EG"]. Don't get me wrong I like some of his productions (alot of ppl are quick to slag him I know but they do serve a purpose) but this was just not right at all.[/quote

i agree with that, i like some of his stuff, but its pretty much the same old shit, but it does the business on the dancefloor. should be interesting to see what hes come up with mind, maybe trying to move away from the dancefloor sound is a step in the right direction (even if it is pretty lacklustre)? i like to see at least a little diversity from all techno artists.

anx
02-03-2004, 05:20 PM
at least he's trying to be different from what he's been doing...but i havnt heard it so what the hell am i doing in this thread, hah...

Stuart
02-03-2004, 05:36 PM
I thought it was poo tooo.

The Overfiend
02-03-2004, 08:16 PM
I don't know how much I respect a producer if he can't make them on his own. More important to say who was his co- producer on this solo project?

killarava2day
03-03-2004, 07:14 AM
[quote=MARK EG]. Don't get me wrong I like some of his productions (alot of ppl are quick to slag him I know but they do serve a purpose) but this was just not right at all.[/quote

i agree with that, i like some of his stuff, but its pretty much the same old shit, but it does the business on the dancefloor. should be interesting to see what hes come up with mind, maybe trying to move away from the dancefloor sound is a step in the right direction (even if it is pretty lacklustre)? i like to see at least a little diversity from all techno artists.

Lets face it, we can say the same thing about most producers these days, Redhead as previously discussed, Natus, Noise, Beyer...whoever. They all have their place in a set and can all be used as tools in our trade. That's our job to improvise and to be creative. At least production is quite assessable to the mases and gives us more choices. Bailey was the ants pants a few years back and I still like to odd track of his these days.

Imagine the sort of music that we'd see from China if and when techno invades the teenage populous there. More people than America and Europe put together...

MARKEG
05-03-2004, 05:24 AM
Damn right!

This album isn't out at this point but I really would appreciate everyone's opinions on it when it comes out.

SlavikSvensk
07-03-2004, 06:33 PM
last marco bailey track i heard was "lagoon diver." i think it's okay, a little too stiff for my tastes...i woldn't have bought the record if it wasn't for the redhead and other tracks on the ep.

is the album like that song?

Capone
07-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Not a huge Bailey fan TBH, but thought the track 'Meditation' from his Tortured release a few months back, was ****ing ace.

Sander Mayteck
09-03-2004, 04:36 PM
I'm getting a little tired of his productions.
I love the session label though... but it just seems al the same to me!
But i will give a post, as soon as i checked it...

278d7e64a374de26f==