PDA

View Full Version : BAD FORMAT in reason after using mac

VOMATRON
02-03-2004, 10:55 PM
ive been shifting between pc & mac for the last few months, and never had any trouble getting my songs with me from one computer to another, but the other day i made a backup, whic i couldnt play most of the songs when i opened it on my pc.

i remember it being mentioned before some problems between pc and mac, but where i dont know, and the search function for these forums arent that great, but also i think it was more about some samples getting converted to less quality. this isnt the problem...i need to work with these songs on my pc next week, so i gotta find out what can be wrong...im using 2.5 on both computers, but could it be that diffrent copies can corrupt it? and why then wasnt all my songs "corrupted", but only about half of them (those i need to do most on :evil: )

ill try to find a solution in the meanwhile, but i dont have much time for searching around the net these days, i got a lot to do, so if someone experienced this, have a good idea about whats wrong, or even better a solution i would be very happy!

VOMATRON
04-03-2004, 03:29 PM
shit does noone know this :cry:

VOMATRON
04-03-2004, 03:51 PM
no mattter... i figured it :!:

lock/delete topic...

DJZeMig_L
04-03-2004, 04:42 PM
sorry m8, I had this marked 4 when I had a little more braincells and time! :(

Please let us know what solved the prob 4 future reference please!!

again sorry!

Z

VOMATRON
04-03-2004, 11:03 PM
sure, but it was kinda silly :roll:

i wasnt aware that you needed the extensions, for getting it back to PC again, and... you actually dont. i only had treouble with one file last time i did this, but this time it was about half of the stuff, but none of it had extensions

but then i tried giving the bad ones an .rns in the end and now its working
if it had ben this way with all my songs, i would surely have looked for another solution to the problem, but i was focusing so much on the bad ones here that i didnt think of this

so why the others worked, i dont know... :neutral:

VOMATRON
04-03-2004, 11:08 PM
and no need to be sorry, youre pretty busy with the posts , its understandable you cant be at help at all times

but great that you usually are :)

DJZeMig_L
05-03-2004, 02:43 AM
;)

I wish all the my busy time was only with posts! lol

Z

BloodStar
05-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Hi m8,
try this, hope this will help

I created a song and saved it. Now when I try to open it again I get a message saying 'Bad Format'. Is my song destroyed?.
This is because of a bug in Reason. Luckily it's very easy to solve and work around it. This error occurs when you save a song and another file with the same name in the same directory on systems that are set to hide the file extensions. For example, if you save a song called MySong.rns and it has a REX-file called MySong.rex, then Reason will try to load the Rex file as the song, resulting in a bad format message. For a quick fix - just rename the song and open it.

1. Start the Windows Explorer.
2. Go to View-> Folder Options.
3. In the Folder options window, click the 'View' tab.
4. In the 'Advanced Settings' field, disable the 'Hide file extensions for known file types' option.
5. Click OK

After doing this, Reason will probably report missing sounds when you open a song that you've had problems with earlier. Use the search and replace dialog to find the sounds and then save the song again. Doing this will fix the song. This bug has been addressed in Reason 2.0 and later versions of Reason.

VOMATRON
08-03-2004, 05:02 PM
thanks bloodstar! this will be archived for future troubleshooting

278d7e64a374de26f==