PDA

View Full Version : Stacey Pullen interview

spiralx
05-03-2004, 08:38 PM
Thought some people might be interested...

http://www.tranzfusion.net/articles/ShowNews.asp?Newsid=3866

SlavikSvensk
06-03-2004, 10:41 PM
woah...loads to chew on there! i agree with him about detroit...at least as an observation of what it was like when i was there. haven't been back in 4 yerars, so i don't know about now.

i think this part will provoke some interesting discussion...

Skrufff: Jeff Mills said recently (on his website): “We are at a turning point in the history of techno music”, would you agree?

Stacey Pullen: “Yes I do, because right now there’s no underground and for me personally, I don’t think there so much room for an underground at present. The market has become over-saturated with so much music, so many different labels, so many producers, so many DJs, so many clubs… so where’s the middle ground? Where’s the point to value what’s good or bad? These days, when I go to a record store I can’t spend more than 30 minutes there, whereas years ago I could spend two or three hours looking for records and come out with three great ones. Also, we seem to be living in what I call ‘the microwave age’, you can get music at the flick of a button, there’s no need to go out and buy anymore.”

278d7e64a374de26f==