PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Country club

John Vella
30-10-2002, 12:25 AM
You cannot be serious!!!!!! :-(

No more Country Club????

I have only been to England once in my life... And when I went, I was lucky enough to take a train ALL BY MYSELF from London to Yeovil SPECIFICALLY seeking out the Country Club where I had met up with Mark & Chrissi.

It was easily the most magical place I have ever been to in my life.... This kick ass place right in the middle of nowhere.... The people were fantastic. The atmosphere of that place was electric. Tons of love and hard work built that place for sure...

Speaking of which, Clive and his wife are lovely people.... They took me into their home before the party and treated me like family....

I cannot put into words and do justice to Clive and the Country Club.... You truly had to experience it for yourself to see what I am talking about.

If anyone has any details on why it closed and what they have planned for the future let me know.

PEACE

-JOHNNY

tecnobliss
30-10-2002, 06:36 AM
What can I say, the end of an era. I've not experienced any club like it and I can't believe it's gonna be flattened to the ground to be no more. I know the country club is going on tour but to think I'll never get as excited about the third roundabout on the A303 and turn off to yeovil as I have in the last 3 1/2yrs of going to the country club. If it wasn't for the country club I may never have been introduced to the madness that is Mark EG or his beautiful partner Chrissi. The club had such a friendly atmosphere from the first time I walked into that place I felt at home and have never felt anything but welcome there.

The last night was amazing, I'm so glad I made it. A few people I spoke to weren't happy with the £20 entrance but the 100's of people queueing outside in the wind and rain for hours proved how popular it was and I wouldn't have missed it for anything. All the DJ's played a blinder and gave the club a good send off. Meri was wicked, but I would say that cos I luv him to bits. Mark EG banged out the tunes for god knows how many hours and then Clive gave us one last blast of his mixing. Many tears were shed at the end of the night and I know that the spirit of the country club will live on in all it's supporters. Still think we should have set off some fireworks and burnt it to the ground in the morning. x

MARKEG
30-10-2002, 08:54 AM
Oh my god Johnny, we didn't tell you... so sorry.... you have to check: www.dance-daddy.com for the full story... basically i have to say that i've never been more upset about a club closing that this..

god what a nightmare

John Vella
30-10-2002, 03:23 PM
Ya I just went to the website.....

Seeing pictures of the backdrops on the walls (with those medieval creatures Clive painted) brought back the same goosebumps I had when I first saw them in person.....

Just goes to show you how much he loved the place to go and paint all that freaky stuff and decorate it to perfection the way he did... (not even mentioning the great sound system that was there)

I really hope his health problems are behind him too....

I know first-hand what that stuff can be like.

Clive & the rest of the CC Crew have most definatley set a bench mark that all other underground events I attend will be measured against.

-JOHNNY

Patrick DSP
13-11-2002, 09:21 AM
That really sucks!!

I was looking forward to visiting that club on my trip to England in the near future.

-Patrick DSP

278d7e64a374de26f==