PDA

View Full Version : What?

blitz
07-03-2004, 01:28 AM
are there any plug ins that change midi files to wma??

TechnoRaver
07-03-2004, 12:50 PM
richens when uve done ur tune, import it into cubase (i think it was on the disk cromwell sent u), then click "export audio mixdown" then a little box comes up with a section where u can choose what type of file u want to save it as, just scroll down to wma file.

peice of piss

RichieV
07-03-2004, 06:07 PM
midi does'nt have a sound

blitz
07-03-2004, 10:20 PM
Midi doesn't have a sound?? What are you going on about!!?

EmotionComplex
07-03-2004, 10:40 PM
Midi doesn't have a sound?? What are you going on about!!?

i think he means that midi itself isnt audio its instructions so if you want to record a midi it has to be triggering a tone generator, synth or software, if you want to convert a midi file to a .wav you have to record instruments being played by that midi file, when you hear a midi on your pc its not the file thats playing the sound its the GM (General midi) sounds on your pc being triggered by the midi sequence file.

what is it you want to convert to .wma, just a riff or note section or a whole midi track ?

the quickest way i can think of (thats if you wanted it to sound like general midi) would be to open up a audio recording porgramme, soundforge, wavelab or at abasic level windows sound recorder, thensert it to record from your sound card andplay the file as you are recording, another way would be to do an audio mixdown in a sequencer which is running the midi file be it through the midi sound on your soundcard/within windows or through software instruments,fruity loops, cubase etc are all capable of this

blitz
08-03-2004, 12:35 AM
Thank you!

278d7e64a374de26f==