DJ Tomi
08-03-2004, 12:03 AM
I heard he was shit hot, anybody go???

i didnt like but i wish i did...

tb909, 3x 1210s and 2x CDJ1000s!!! :shock:

dirty_bass
08-03-2004, 12:11 AM
same set up as he was using at lost.
And to be honest, he hasn`t performed to standard for 2 years.

Ryan
08-03-2004, 08:33 AM
same set up as he was using at lost.
And to be honest, he hasn`t performed to standard for 2 years.

Apart from last week - but hey!! :lol:

dirty_bass
08-03-2004, 03:04 PM
If you are refering to the event at Lost, then millsy wasn`t up to scratch.
He railroaded loads of mixes, screwed the EQ`s badly a lot, overdove the limiter on the rig, and his DVD thing didn`t really do anything. So if that is mills living up to his reputation as one of the BEST on the planet then wow, half the DJ`s on the london scene must be gods, cos they blow mills away.

dirty_bass
08-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Oh, I see, the foundation thing was last week. Well damn, I mist mills playing vinyl properly, bugger, 2 years of waiting for him to find how to mix again and I miss it. :cry:

Ryan
08-03-2004, 03:09 PM
If you are refering to the event at Lost, then millsy wasn`t up to scratch.
He railroaded loads of mixes, screwed the EQ`s badly a lot, overdove the limiter on the rig, and his DVD thing didn`t really do anything. So if that is mills living up to his reputation as one of the BEST on the planet then wow, half the DJ`s on the london scene must be gods, cos they blow mills away.

The rig wasn't good anyway, so you can attribute half of the "sound issues" to that, as for trainwrecks- didn't hear any myself, the DVD thing is OK, but the 2001 stuff was absolutely spectacular. If you didn't dig it then that's your bad, not Mills', as I haven't heard a better part of a set from him for about 5 years. Completely abstract techno, no fools' fodder, mixed with deadly accuracy in tandem with the film. Don't tell me......not hard enough for you???

dirty_bass
08-03-2004, 03:14 PM
Nah, it`s not that it is hard enough, it`s just that I have seen mills play when he derserved his reputation, and now he just doesn`t cut the mustard.
I still love the choice of music he plays, Epic, minimal techno, fantastic, but I dunno what is going on with his mixing anymore.

Ryan
08-03-2004, 03:28 PM
He certianly ain't chop-choppety anymore, but he is still head and shoulders above the rest in terms of programming. Most of the night he had at least 2 records in the mix, it's just that his EQ'ing is so subtle that you don't notice what he's doing, it all just melds into one. As I said, I though his set @ Lost was absolutely impeccable in parts, and merely "damn good" in others.

I have heard that he was gash in Newcastle though.

jake
08-03-2004, 07:11 PM
mills 1st la appearance this weekend.. dont think itll be that abstract but hey at least its not trance (which is the norm for where he's playing @ here)

detfella
08-03-2004, 08:07 PM
seen mills a couple of times and he was good, but for me sims is a better dj.

g
08-03-2004, 08:25 PM
seen mills a couple of times and he was good, but for me sims is a better dj.
ben 'i don't really even need headphones' sims

and it cracks me up how often i hear about mills trainwrecking when actually he's just nudging and not really caring to be decimal perfect

crap, just contributed to a mills thread... it's a disease

278d7e64a374de26f==