PDA

View Full Version : damn this shit is slamming!

Ritzi Lee
08-03-2004, 03:44 PM
I made a techno track with some good oldschool feeling inside.
It's proper for playing in big halls,
but also perfect for the clubs.

There's a nice pure uptempo feeling inside,
and a killing low end to let the speakers scream "have mercy". :lol:

Turn your stereo on maximum and move that body:

Ritzi Lee - Engage. (http://www.k-down.com/rl_engage.mp3)

psyCodEd
08-03-2004, 06:53 PM
hm. i donĀ“t know what to say... i listened the track and i liked it, but for me a little bit too boring. sorry! but nice try :roll:

jake
08-03-2004, 08:11 PM
i think the synth chord needs to drop out sometimes or change up a little to go along with your mutes and fills... some good ideas in there nonetheless!

The Overfiend
08-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Is the track done?

dan the acid man
08-03-2004, 08:49 PM
not to keen on this one, a bit too old school in a way, also found it a little empty sounding, the kick also sounds a bit soft for my liking when the bassline comes in.

Ritzi Lee
08-03-2004, 09:18 PM
No it's not done Sam. :)
But are the sounds ok?

Ritzi Lee
08-03-2004, 09:19 PM
i think the synth chord needs to drop out sometimes or change up a little to go along with your mutes and fills... some good ideas in there nonetheless!

i think some modulation on the synth will do the trick..

Ritzi Lee
08-03-2004, 09:24 PM
not to keen on this one, a bit too old school in a way, also found it a little empty sounding, the kick also sounds a bit soft for my liking when the bassline comes in.

Yes some proper mixing off must be done.
I don't know about the emptiness.
I a way there's a little "NY Synewave" thing going on.

I'm also doing some research if the people are still into this kind of oldschool things. The reactions of most people in Holland where positive in a way about this track.

Ryan
09-03-2004, 08:19 AM
I'm also doing some research if the people are still into this kind of oldschool things. The reactions of most people in Holland where positive in a way about this track.

People are into anything if it's good.

The Overfiend
09-03-2004, 01:16 PM
No it's not done Sam. :)
But are the sounds ok?

I agree it needs a fuller array inside.
Me personally I am a sucker for the 4/4 but when you have too much free
space in the composition it almost sounds old school and could be mistaken for old school if it didn't sound so digital. So even if you are trying to reflect a detroit ish feel to it use some modern production values to make it a standout.

professor
09-03-2004, 01:42 PM
i think you used the wrong kick. for that old school feel i think you need a housy kick. your kick swallows itself...maybe ease up on the release.

I like the ideas you have here, but everything sounds sort of compressed. Also it needs more swing! that old school shit was fairly minimal but damn did it funk. this track starts to funk for me around 4 1/2 minutes, and by then it's almost over.

three or four sounds can be made to fill space. imo it is hard as hell to write funky bang'n minimal music. it is really easy to load up your redrum/mpc/whatever with a thousand drum samples and go crazy...it is much harder to pick two or three drum samples or synth percussion sounds that fit perfectly together and then program them so that they never loose(bore) the listener.

i agree with you, you must modulate your synth hook. it is stagnate.

nice work though...i'd like to hear more stuff like this on here. hearing stuff like this makes me want to sort out some web space and post some of mine...

278d7e64a374de26f==