PDA

View Full Version : Bass Heavy Music

crime
09-03-2004, 01:11 AM
anyone checked out this new label from DJ Bam Bam? Some cracking stuff on number 01, bit of a majorly cheezy breakdown on the B2 unfortunately spoilt an otherwise excellent track, I suppose the Hard housers will love that tho :shock: which will mean records sold I suppose... other trax are pretty cool tho if you like the Bam Bam thing...

serox
09-03-2004, 11:26 AM
heard some samples, wouldnt call it techno tbh :(

crime
09-03-2004, 01:20 PM
heard some samples, wouldnt call it techno tbh :(

???
Blinkers on, eh?

jonnyspeed
09-03-2004, 02:28 PM
This is soooo techno and frankly those people with their little "techno is only hard-techno and progressive-techno" purist hats on can leave the building now as you have no facking idea, in my opinion. twats.

The stuff on Columns of Knowledge, Jackstar etc. is amazing - but I've not seen any of the Bass Heavy Music stuff in the shops yet. Eagerly awaited!

Plus Victim, 4x4 and Crime are damn fine two :)

BRING IT ON!

ghettotech ra ra ra!
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:rRPVsHPTM9IJ:www.microsoft.com/mscorp/artcollection/exhibitions/august/berlin/thewall/ghetto.jpg

* free yo mind and yo ass will follow.

JACKSTAR
09-03-2004, 04:49 PM
Hey Mark,

I have to agree on the B2 track but everything else is slammin' and i've been playing a dubplate or it for the last 2 months and i've played it in my my most hardest sets and the crowd go apeshit to it. Bam, Bissmire and myself have just finished BHM 002 which is tough as you like !!!
Bam has also just done what I think is his best remix of the Bandulu track "Crisis" which'll be out soon (cutting it tomorrow).
I still think Bam Bam is the best Techno producer around and when you look at his production skills and all round style no-one come close. He can play it hard but yet keeping that Chicago flava where as most people seem to get lost of worn out Deeon / Funk samples.

P.

crime
09-03-2004, 04:55 PM
I still think Bam Bam is the best Techno producer around and when you look at his production skills and all round style no-one come close. .

It's amazing how he can get stuff to sound so raw, but really well produced at the same time, i.e. really distorted sounding, but really bassy and tight, with total clarity...

jonnyspeed
09-03-2004, 08:49 PM
:clap: my thoughts exactly. I've played a full chicago style set at a party with a good representation of stuff from DJ Bam Bam and whilst many of my friends expect london techno I ended up playing for 2 hours rather than 1 - so I guess the proof is in the punters. I love the relentless bass and old skool twists.

DROID
09-03-2004, 10:12 PM
BAM IS ****ING BAD :cool:

SlavikSvensk
10-03-2004, 01:34 AM
Bam has also just done what I think is his best remix of the Bandulu track "Crisis" which'll be out soon (cutting it tomorrow).

how soon is soon??

jake
10-03-2004, 01:38 AM
yep well produced, banging as fukc just no more snare rolls please ;)

DROID
10-03-2004, 02:03 AM
ern eeeeee ernn eee

slavestudios
10-03-2004, 06:41 AM
seen Bam Bam a few weeks back & he didnt do it for me. cheesy ott scratchin & as for all that 'Youve been listening to Dj Bam bam...' bullshit...

each to their own, but to say he is the best producer is obsurd. imo

and he played staright jackin for an hour then went acid cheese...

respect to each for doing their own, but didnt dig his style at all. Bissmire whipes the ****in floor with him...

in saying that, hes great at what he does, but can the 'wik wika wik wik waaah' be left for the hip hoppers ?

crime
10-03-2004, 01:39 PM
seen Bam Bam a few weeks back & he didnt do it for me. cheesy ott scratchin & as for all that 'Youve been listening to Dj Bam bam...' bullshit...

each to their own, but to say he is the best producer is obsurd. imo

and he played staright jackin for an hour then went acid cheese...

respect to each for doing their own, but didnt dig his style at all. Bissmire whipes the **** floor with him...

in saying that, hes great at what he does, but can the 'wik wika wik wik waaah' be left for the hip hoppers ?

Back on topic you miserable bastard, we're talking about the records....

slavestudios
10-03-2004, 05:29 PM
hey, its just an opinion. no need for that attitude :nono: :nono:

like, you never posted an opinion ? wise up. its a 'discussion' page :roll:

i said i dont dig what he does, not that hes bad at it...

as for his 12s, i feel the same way. got 1 track by him that i like.

crime
10-03-2004, 06:26 PM
Woooaah, now, hold your horses... maybe I should have stuck an emoticon after that last post, I really was just taking the piss... Hardly justification of sending me PM's like this:

whta the **** is your problem ? got a stake in Jacksatr ?

grow up & learn to accept others opinions

Who's getting irate here, who should grow up? I can't be bothered with getting into a stupid message bored (sic) argument with someone who has obviously an axe to grind, I was simply trying to point out, we wern't talking about the guy's djing, I posted about a record, plus I don't like this "My dad's bigger than your dad" crap.. Jamie Bissmire most probably is a good Dj, I havn't heard him play, all I know of him is that he's a nice guy, but I think this kind of comparison is pointless..

And above all else, I get pretty tired of comments on message boards who post some negative opinion or another who couldn't amount to half of what the person they are dissing has already achieved in their career.. If I'm wrong, prove it... I'm not saying we should all sit around kissing butt, but, perpetual, if you feel so strongly, to the point where you have to send me PM such as the one above, why not put that energy into something more constructive, such as writing some music that you think IS really kicking...
Unfortunately, you've just provided an afternoons humour and entertainment for everyone who is bored at work.....
CHEER UP!

slavestudios
10-03-2004, 06:39 PM
quoting pms for all to see is a bit suspect crime. THATS why it was a pm. it was intended for YOU only..

but since u see fit to tell all, i'll say just this....

crime
10-03-2004, 06:44 PM
oops, I did it again....

Beware anyone who doesn't know me who pms me...

apologies Perp, I know where you're coming from, it's just a general gripe... what you drinking?

slavestudios
10-03-2004, 06:52 PM
actually, ive been listening to trax i been doing thats why i'm typing ;)

its just my opinion anyways, so whatever

apologies to anyone who takes offense though. i dont mean to diss Bam Bam, hes excellent at what he does, its just sooo not my bag.

sorry ;)

slavestudios
10-03-2004, 06:55 PM
Guiness please :clap:

slavestudios
10-03-2004, 07:12 PM
and for the record, 'Damaged Goods' on the 'Head Trauma ep' on Columns of Knowledge is foookin brill

JACKSTAR
10-03-2004, 09:35 PM
Handbags at dawn i fear......
I afraid i'm the only one with shares in Jackstar although if Crime wants to add some cash then I wouldn't turn it down.......ahahaha

Poor old Bam Bam comes over for a few gigs and this happens......oh well most people must of liked him because each place he played has rebooked him back for late June early July. Also BHM001 has already been licensed to a few CD compilations........ not bad really I suppose.

Calm down now.

P.

eyes without a face
10-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Bass Heavy Rocks

Jackstar rocks

but most of all

BAM BAM ROCKS!!!

FACT

GOODNITE

The Overfiend
10-03-2004, 09:48 PM
I agree with Crime as far as his production quality.
I'm not a fan of the scratching techno bit, but he garners my respect hand over fist. Nothing beats back in 2001 me walking down the street in Bensonhurst brooklyn, three black guys drive by in this ford expedition with 22 inch rims blasting Da Hard Beats Part 2.
Bass heavy is good for what it's for Jacking your f*cking ass!
What I think is happening in this forum is a clash between some of us who were around in the 80's and into hip hop and other forms of music, as opposed to those who are here who were born in the 80's and are not musically matured........

Sunil
10-03-2004, 09:53 PM
Jaysus this has been blown up a bit Crime and Jackstar. He didn't like Bam Bam and gave his reasons, just because you think he's the best thing since sliced bread doesn't mean everyone has to agree :nono: the other point of him being the 'best' techno producer around kind of got me too, there's no 'best' techno producer anywhere.. that statement in itself is absurd to me. I know you are excited about this guy but not everyone else shares the same level of excitement.

To be honest I'd say I'd have enjoyed Bam Bam as i like his tracks and like to see DJs who are good technically even if their style of mixing is not quite what I'm into myself. The whole "You're listening to Dj Bam-Bam, log onto my website" etc. during his set sounded a bit naff though and has unfortunately tarred my opinion of him somewhat.

eyes without a face
10-03-2004, 09:59 PM
Sunil, ur missing mark's point here

its not the fact that perp said he doesnt like Bam Bam, it was his initial comment about Bam Bam's djing that Mark picked up on. the original post was about Bass Heavy Music, not how talented Bam Bam is behind the decks!

and the discussion has spiraled from there

just for the record, i dont think there is any disputing about Bam's talent at the moment, the man is on fire

Sunil
10-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Sunil, ur missing mark's point here

its not the fact that perp said he doesnt like Bam Bam, it was his initial comment about Bam Bam's djing that Mark picked up on. the original post was about Bass Heavy Music, not how talented Bam Bam is behind the decks!

and the discussion has spiraled from there

just for the record, i dont think there is any disputing about Bam's talent at the moment, the man is on fire

No, I got Mark's point.. I just found the tone a bit condescending.

Yeah agreed re: Bam Bam's tracks..excellent.

slavestudios
10-03-2004, 10:37 PM
sorry all. seem to have opened up a can of techno worms :oops:

i never said he wasnt any good, and i was at the gig so i know EXACTLY how the crowd reacted at the belfast show...

one more thing. he did do ONE thing i totally disagree with. after the warm up dj (who had played his balls off btw) Bam Bam let the track run out, then foolowed almost a minute of silence before Bam Bam kicked it back in again. now i think that is just wrong. compltetly wrote off everything the warm up dj hard worked for.

but, at the same time, the man is highly skilled & knows how to rock a club. just aint my thing. course, if he heard my trax, he'd prob say theu were shite :lol:

theres no need to take it so hard. its just my opinion.

anyways, me & crime got it sorted. so its all good ;)

but Jacksatr, i understand how much faith & time you have for your artists, but it would be a dull world if we all liked everything.

slavestudios
10-03-2004, 10:40 PM
his production is top notch, but i dont dig his trax much. bit too bouncy for me own liking BUT thats just my opinion...

i can have my own opinion cant i ?

;)

eyes without a face
10-03-2004, 10:42 PM
nice one

sorted!

its all about the beatz at the end of the day kids! :rambo:

slavestudios
10-03-2004, 10:45 PM
I'm not a fan of the scratching techno bit, but he garners my respect hand over fist. Nothing beats back in 2001 me walking down the street in Bensonhurst brooklyn, three black guys drive by in this ford expedition with 22 inch rims blasting Da Hard Beats Part 2.
What I think is happening in this forum is a clash between some of us who were around in the 80's and into hip hop and other forms of music, as opposed to those who are here who were born in the 80's and are not musically matured........

i was born in 73 a'ite ? i think most 80s music is utter toss. i NEVER got into hip hop & i think Kraftwerk are boring, but thats I M O

assuming how mature ppl are is abit pretentious think ye not ;)

give me NIN & PWEI & Neds Atomic Dustbin & Testament & Megadeth & Ministry & Green River any day

anyways, its all about 'The Discussion' rite ?

jonnyspeed
10-03-2004, 10:52 PM
I was born in 71 and love all jacked-up techo - phat! It really simple - yer either or leave it, init?

slavestudios
10-03-2004, 10:56 PM
speaking of trax, Jackstar arent lookin any demos are they ?

:wicked:

slavestudios
10-03-2004, 10:57 PM
ach, its all relevant. even if u dont like sumthin (for whatever reason) its a reaction. and thats what its about. creating reactions.

a bad reaction is better than none at all....

JACKSTAR
11-03-2004, 12:37 AM
I'll get me coat !!!!!

I am always on the lookout for demo's and it don't all have sound like Bam Bam as long as it takes my fancy and is totally rockin'.

As far as me saying Bam Bam is one of the best Techno producers.....well that is my opinion and surely i'm aloud that and no-one has to agree...JESUS get a grip. :roll:

I'll be playing again in Belfast soon so I know not to - 1) Have any snare rolls 2) MC intro 3) Cut the warm up dj's record - then hopefully people will like me....

ONLY JOKING GUYS......

P.

Sunil
11-03-2004, 01:08 AM
As far as me saying Bam Bam is one of the best Techno producers.....well that is my opinion and surely i'm aloud that and no-one has to agree...JESUS get a grip. :roll:

P.

well, you said "the best" which for me is a lot different to one of the best! Me I never consider any one individual as THE BEST, but that's just me ;)

crime
11-03-2004, 01:47 AM
Oh dear,
Bit of a storm in a teacup i see.....
Me + Perpetual made our peace quite well... in fact our quarrel ended with me providing him with our address to send demos along with a few other peole who it would be worth sending his trax to.. the whole bollocks argument was my fault really, in the fact that there was no emoticon for sticking your tounge out, and I think a sticking your toung out emoticon should replace the :nono: emoticon which I feel is very po faced.. if anything the argument caused us to talk to each other in relation to how we could help each other out, which is quite nice really...

Personally though, I think there's plenty of room for scratching in a techno set, and the whole "You're listening to dj bam bam " thing, that's just bam, He's from america, it's a cultural difference and things are more like that over there, he wouldn't be Bam if it wasn't for that, just the way it is... I kinda like that cultural difference... even if it is a bit cheesy...
at the end of the day Jackstar 001 says it all to me, when paul played me those trax for the first time, it was something else, the energy that had been needed in techno for a long time....

crime
11-03-2004, 01:48 AM
Also, this just goes to show, any publicity is good publicity, at least you will of all heard of "Bass Heavy Music " now eh?

Sunil
11-03-2004, 02:03 AM
Also, this just goes to show, any publicity is good publicity, at least you will of all heard of "Bass Heavy Music " now eh?

indeed! who distributes them?

crime
11-03-2004, 03:16 AM
Just music

jonnyspeed
11-03-2004, 07:02 PM
chill?

jonnyspeed
11-03-2004, 07:03 PM
I :love: DJ BAM BAM

DJZeMig_L
11-03-2004, 09:58 PM
I will vouch partly 4 Bam's prodution credits, U just gotta hear one of his studio produced Mixed CDs 2 know what I'm talkin' about, it's like total remix/ re-work in a true craftsmanship!! It's unbelievable what he achieves :clap: . I didn't knew Bam until 3 years ago i found out he wanted a remix from me, since then I have never stopped behing suprised by his stuff!

:clap:

Z

Analbumcover
11-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Anyone who thinks that there's no place for scratching in a techno set really really needs to go see Jerome Hill...

Personally I think Bam Bam rocks and have done ever since the day when a very excited Mr Crime turned up at filthydave's old flat clutching a test pressing of Jackstar 001...

Sunil
11-03-2004, 10:27 PM
Anyone who thinks that there's no place for scratching in a techno set really really needs to go see Jerome Hill...

There's no question that there is a place for it but sometimes scratching plainly obstructs the flow of the music... Like anything, if overdone sounds shit, if done well and not every five seconds then cool :clap:

davethedrummer
11-03-2004, 11:14 PM
bam bam
good records nice geezer
like alex peace's vocals
my favourite so far

the contaminated records form a year or so ago
that was great

some of the others are just a little too overloaded for me
i can see the appeal though

slavestudios
17-03-2004, 11:10 AM
Bam Bam can play what he wants, scratch where he likes & start or end sets in whatever way he feels fit.

hes superb at what he does & i have the utmost respect for him & those who work around & with him.

i'm just being honest & straight rather than slippin round issues & being half arsed (anybody who knows me, knows i dont mince words :lol: )

apologies to anyone i may have offened or upset & i wish all the best in the future of Bam Bam, Bass Heavy Music & all involved in the loop.

reagrds, perp

jonnyspeed
17-03-2004, 10:21 PM
lots of top 80s tracks man. Acid house? Manchester scene? 5 Star? Dead or Alive?

jonnyspeed
17-03-2004, 10:22 PM
ooops - dunno which thread that was replying to. Anyway yes...

The Overfiend
18-03-2004, 12:34 AM

i was born in 73 a'ite ? i think most 80s music is utter toss. i NEVER got into hip hop & i think Kraftwerk are boring, but thats I M O

assuming how mature ppl are is abit pretentious think ye not ;)

give me NIN & PWEI & Neds Atomic Dustbin & Testament & Megadeth & Ministry & Green River any day

anyways, its all about 'The Discussion' rite ?

I wouldn't place Neds Atomic Dustbin in the same regimen as MegaDeth or Testament.

By the way Dave Mustaine Rules.

spiralx
18-03-2004, 12:55 PM
I've been to see Megadeth in concert :lol:

jonnyspeed
18-03-2004, 01:10 PM
i'm just being honest & straight rather than slippin round issues & being half arsed (anybody who knows me, knows i dont mince words :lol: )

but I think we could all think abit more before we type ;)

jonnyspeed
20-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Anyway back to DJ BAM BAM...

Picked this up and its wicked - every track is playable and phat kickin ghettotech. buy booty buy

slavestudios
26-03-2004, 04:37 AM

but I think we could all think abit more before we type ;)

nah, jus let it roll out & laugh about it later :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==