PDA

View Full Version : Djax-It-Up Mixed by Miss Djax

crime
09-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Just dropped thru my letterbox this morning, some classic stuff, all Djax back cat stuff from '92-'04...

http://www.missdjax.com/imgs/cd-coverfinal2.jpg

Tracklist:
01: DJ Rush - The Family
02: Chef – Disteriate
03: Spasms - Circuits overload
04: Storm - TRK2
05: Windell Storm - Welcome to Chicago
06: Kareem Smith - Church Bells
07: Steve Poindexter - Work that Mutha ****er (remix)
08: Edge of Motion - Set-Up-707
09: Group X - Thunder Drums
10: Claude Young - Concentration Factor
11: Random XS - Give your Body
12: Mike Dearborn - Sweep the Floor
13: Clementine - Head Nodder
14: Rhythmic Riot – 222
15: Mark Hawkins - Fluenza
16: DJ Ze Mig L - Rubbing Windscreen Whiper
17: DJ Bam Bam - Lose it
18: Sebastian Prelar - Jacklauncher
19: Auralizer vsDexter W - Love 2 Turn U On
20: DJ Rush - Stomp
21: Mike Dearborn - Birds on E
22: Robert Armani - Invasion (Spasms Remix)
23: Marko Laine - Moisture
24: Mike Dearborn - Moments

death on a stick
09-03-2004, 11:07 AM
some real gems on there. that Spasms track is the business, and the Random XS is just amazing. not to mention the Clementine....rraaarrr!!! Wasn't into that Rhythmic Riot thing though. Which release is the Storm track from? The first 3 Storms were killer!!

DJAX has been such a patchy label over the years. Quite consistent up until about 1995-96, then a major plummet since then with the occasional gem, mostly from artists they signed in the golden years e.g. Like A Tim, Claude Young, Stephen Brown.

Surprised to see a distinct lack of DJ Skull tracks on the compilation, but then to get a representative mix it'd have to be a quadruple CD. No Zero Zone either? :neutral:

Gonna have to check this mix out, be good to hear what some of the more recent stuff sounds like.

Patrick
09-03-2004, 04:10 PM
DJAX has been such a patchy label over the years. Quite consistent up until about 1995-96, then a major plummet since then with the occasional gem, mostly from artists they signed in the golden years e.g. Like A Tim, Claude Young, Stephen Brown.

So true. I used to buy on sight pre 95/96, no in-store listen or anything, confident that I'd like it. Then it went a bit off the rails. Got a bit too fast, with an absence of, dare I say it, funk for my tastes. :lol: I still seem to be picking up a few bits 2nd hand that I missed along the way though.

15: Mark Hawkins - Fluenza

And I used to think Miss DJax had good taste ! :wicked: ;)

death on a stick
09-03-2004, 04:24 PM
So true. I used to buy on sight pre 95/96, no in-store listen or anything, confident that I'd like it. Then it went a bit off the rails. Got a bit too fast, with an absence of, dare I say it, funk for my tastes
Know what you mean. So many of the releases in the past few years seem to be of the "I've put a zillion snares and hi-hats in and set the quantize to ultra-shuffle...that mean's it's 'jacking', don't you know?" variety...usually with horrible results.

LTG Project - now that was jacking.

crime
09-03-2004, 05:02 PM
And I used to think Miss DJax had good taste ! :wicked: ;)

:crackup:

The new stuff from Bam, Sebastien Prelar, and Wyndell Long is really rocking... And I got a brand new e.p. coming on Djax later in the year..

DJZeMig_L
09-03-2004, 05:22 PM
I what one of those .. actually m8 I've been trying 2 get yer ctrl+alt+delete and possition impossible again but can't find' em anywhere... tell ya the truth djax has been about ya, Ruben, some Rush stuff and an odd ep here and there for the later years.

Also I kinda have mixed feelings on this Djax MixUp ... but I'm lucky 2 find that at least I found out that I had a track in it, just a pity there ain't any Cds on my box! .... yet :evil: ... I quite sure it's only the bloody portuguese posts! :crackup:

But I must say Djax no matter what Is an historical label!

Z

slimboy
09-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Dearborn - Birds on E. What a tune!

Reminds me of proper head mashing times at Atomic Jam back in da day! :twisted:

SlavikSvensk
09-03-2004, 06:13 PM
work that muthaf****h...pure chicago...stupid to the point of brilliance.

crime
09-03-2004, 06:58 PM
I what one of those .. actually m8 I've been trying 2 get yer ctrl+alt+delete and possition impossible... just a pity there ain't any Cds on my box!
Z

Have you asked Saskia for a copy? I'm sure she'll sort you out one...

DJZeMig_L
09-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Not really, Saskia can b quite.... humm I don't know mate there's a few stones in the path. No bad blood really, probably me being silly but I take everything 2 much from the heart... anyways not the time or place!

Anyways if u come across a few I'll gladly put some mo' in yer hands! ;)

Z

RaveZone
03-02-2011, 12:57 AM
thanx a lot

teknorich
03-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Tracklist looks sweet, will check this one out.

(and yeah, am only 7 years late to the party!)

RaveZone
24-02-2011, 11:07 PM
respect to Miss Djax thx

278d7e64a374de26f==