PDA

View Full Version : Production today

cascade
09-03-2004, 12:31 PM
isnt the way people produce today amazing,

the oputunities that ly infront of people with nothing more thatn a personal computer.

i the past many producers have had to record synths from the outside and sequence them onto a computer,

dont ya think that its amazing that you can now buy a package that has real synths and a decent sequencer all inone package for under £300.

its mad,

anybody with a home computer can now make tunes,
all they need is a computer, doesnt even have to be that good,
and a package like reason or fruity,
from here people can make anything they want.
its crazy?

nobody else think so?

music making for less than a £1000.
:?:

Barely Human
09-03-2004, 02:50 PM
Yeah man! Its a very exiting time for music, but also a downfall. Now anyone can produce music, and brings a lot of new and fresh ideas, but it also brings a lot of people producing money making crap. So its whichever way you look at it i supose :lol:

EmotionComplex
09-03-2004, 03:00 PM
a lot of people not actually buying the software too :lol:

Barely Human
09-03-2004, 03:36 PM
Thats a big point actually mate! Gonna have to see what happens with that :shock: To be honest, its a lot of the software companies fualt, i mean, a grand for a plugin is ridiculas! If it was 50 quid then fair enough!

EmotionComplex
09-03-2004, 03:45 PM
i think it could be cheaper yeah but you have to think about the development team etc and money put into it, i agree a lot of software could be cheaper but with all the piracy its never going to egt cheaper as theyl have to charge more to make a profit from it.

I personally think using copied stuff when you first get into it isnt as bad as 1) your not making anymoney from it and 2) you might deside its not for you after 6 months

but ive got to the point now were i feel compitent enough with a sequencer and using it enough to actual invest in a package i can use in the long run, and plug in instrument wise i think the prices ar every reasonable at the moment, take that vanguard synth thats just came it, its less than 100 quid i think, like 60-70 and for that your getting a cracking little vst for dance music, trilogy is about 130 or something which i think is decent too.

admitidly the professional packages aer expensive but i think there aimed to make profit and a professinal will have the funds and the need to purchase it if its a good programme, theres loads of quality budget and even some good free software out there now though, i think the cubase sx im getting is 270 or something, thats a great price for what you get.

EmotionComplex
09-03-2004, 03:47 PM
i strayed a little off topic there but back to the main point, i have to agree the range of budget software is amazing now and the word budgetr doesnt mean shit anymore either :lol: a couple of hundred quid and a decent pc and youve got the tools to create good music with.

its so much bloody fun too :love: :love:

epidemic001
09-03-2004, 10:42 PM
I think the fact that people have the oportunity to get all these proffesional programs for nothing off the net is actually good in the long run for the companies who make them.
Using myself as an example, having never had used anything except ejay I would never had invested hundreds of pounds in getting Cubase or something, but having been able to get my hands on it for nothing and get to grips with it means that when the new versions come out I'm more likely to buy it and so will lots more people, where as I wouldnt have before.

EmotionComplex
09-03-2004, 10:47 PM
I think the fact that people have the oportunity to get all these proffesional programs for nothing off the net is actually good in the long run for the companies who make them.
Using myself as an example, having never had used anything except ejay I would never had invested hundreds of pounds in getting Cubase or something, but having been able to get my hands on it for nothing and get to grips with it means that when the new versions come out I'm more likely to buy it and so will lots more people, where as I wouldnt have before.

true but im sure the companys would disagree as thats why they release demo/trial versions :lol: , but yeah that is a good point and somthing im guilty of myself so tbh i cant argue with that at all :lol: , its the people who get the copied stuff use it, get to grips with it then dont bother to pay for it then release and make money from music made with it i dont particuly agree with :nono:

DJ Corbzy
09-03-2004, 11:19 PM

true but im sure the companys would disagree as thats why they release demo/trial versions :lol: , but yeah that is a good point and somthing im guilty of myself so tbh i cant argue with that at all :lol: , its the people who get the copied stuff use it, get to grips with it then dont bother to pay for it then release and make money from music made with it i dont particuly agree with :nono:

but what can you do about it Greg? :eh:

EmotionComplex
09-03-2004, 11:24 PM

but what can you do about it Greg? :eh:

:lol: i dont know mate, all i can do is buy my own copy of software soon when i have the cash i suppose

278d7e64a374de26f==