PDA

View Full Version : Tune ID - Uproar

Mervin321
10-03-2004, 01:58 AM
Does anyone know the name of the tune Mark EG played at Uproar about Aliens in London or something? Cheers.

Si the Sigh
10-03-2004, 08:23 AM
Aliens! :lol: It was One Night in Hackney, by Dynamo City, Stay Up Forever 69.

Mervin321
10-03-2004, 10:08 AM
Cheers mate. Yeah I found out. Where the **** did I get aliens from?!?

Si the Sigh
10-03-2004, 10:32 AM
ha ha! No idea... :lol: :crackup: :lol:

Mervin321
10-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Were you the bloke mcing to this set? If so then cheers for the shout!

Si the Sigh
10-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Yea, that was me. Did you have a good night? :eh:

Mervin321
10-03-2004, 03:40 PM
Yeah it was quality. More into my hardcore than techno / trance / hardcore techno stuff but was really enjoying Marks set as well as a bit of Dolphins. Clarkee was the best set upstairs tho I reckon! Also enjoyed me cheesy happy stuff with vinylgroover! & Seduction and SY & Unknown were good as always. Was good to see Ribbz and Sharkey on the main stage again, aint seen that for a while.

One of my mates was tellin me that you are good mcing to techno/trance with a more laid-back style. I have to agree. ;)

Clarkee said it reminded him of the old Dreamscapes! I just reckon so many things were spot on with this event (including the line-up!) that it made a wicked party and one of the last at the sanctuary.

U enjoy it?

Si the Sigh
10-03-2004, 03:47 PM
Yea, I had a good night. Was awesome to hear Clarkee again. I've not heard him play for ages. M-Zone was spot on, Vortex & Dolphin span some wicked hardcore techno, and Scorpio & Squidgy B were spot on for their set. I was expecting Mark to play hardstyle, but when he started playing RAW's & Stay Up Forever's I was well chuffed! Qualty set from him! (pat on the back Mark :clap: ) Was quite funny to see Ribbz on the main stage MC'ing to Force & Styles PA. He was loving it! I think he bailed out of the techno room because of the grief & hastle from a few of the Birkenhead crew. They seemed to be one one massive mic blagging mission all night long :roll: Production wise, the whole venue was spot on. Looking forward to the next one in June (i think?)...

Mervin321
10-03-2004, 03:55 PM
Everyone knows Ribbz is a big cheeser at heart! Livelee didn't turn up so they asked him to cover apparently. I really don't get the whole Birkenhead shouts thing. 1 or maybe 2 if you're really f**ked and forgot asking for the 1st one but any more than that is stupid. You are there to dance for ****s sake. & why the **** would you or Ribbz give them the mic?!?! TWATS! Yeah. Can't wait til the next 1. Flashback in Birmingham for me next followed by Planet Hardcore @ the Depot!

Are they having the techno room again for the June/July 1 at the sanctuary? I hope so. My mates were a bit confused tho when I introduced them to 240 BPM DJ Dolphin!!!!! HAHAHA :evil: :evil: :evil:

maccleod
10-03-2004, 04:54 PM
was that what was going on??? when I arrived to Tim Higdem's set, some everton supporting gimp on the mic who couldn't mc, with a load of his mates stood next to him.. then more ppl started having a go, and more and more and more, doing there harcore mc rap along shite.... they fecking ruined the music.... shame on them...so when i got asked if I could MC, it was just someone trying to piss the real MC's off?? apparently according to the Everton shirt wearing gimp anyone could have ago?

Si the Sigh
11-03-2004, 08:20 AM
...If that was the case, which it wasn't, why bother to book MC's / hosts such as Ribbz, Squidgy B & myself? I can't stand the mic blaggers. Put it this way, would you go up to a DJ who was playing (ie; Mark) and say, "Give us a go mate" and kick him off the decks? NO! So why these cunts feel its ok to go up to Ribbz, Squidgy or myself and try and blag us is beyond me! Anyway, the next Uproar, as far as I know, is going to have a techno & trance room again, so expect more chaos! :rambo: I will be at Planet Hardcore in Bristol as well hosting the Nu Energy room with Sharkey & Ethos. Should be a good night.

StoQ
11-03-2004, 12:09 PM
any link 2 this quality set?
t h x:)

Si the Sigh
11-03-2004, 12:51 PM
The tape packs are on sale today. God only know's how they managed to knock them up so quickly, but they have! 12 tape pack, £20.99 from all good record shops.

davethedrummer
12-03-2004, 12:03 AM
can't stand m.c.s over techno personally
very very few know how to get it right
ribbz , si , .......
that's about it after 10 years!!! 2 m.c.s !!!

'nuff said

Si the Sigh
12-03-2004, 09:23 AM
Aww! :oops: Cheers Henry...

*Si pops off to have a wank* :lol:

Paul Zykotik
12-03-2004, 11:46 AM
Twas a brilliant night. Good to see the upstairs back as a sweatbox, as it should be ;) If I'd realised Mark was going to play techno I would've gone to listen to him...though Sharkey & Marc Smith on at the same time were excellent downstairs (hey I don't care, I like it all)

Next one is indeed June, I know Rude put a post on USH asking if people would like a techno/gabba room without MCs, but the general consensus seemed to be let Ribbz and the sighing one stay :)

Si the Sigh
12-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Nice! :cool: Well, I don't really like the word MC, it makes me think of an MC Hammer wanna be! I prefer the word "host". At the end of the day, we all go to events like this for the music, not some mouthy cunt (MC) rapping & rhyming over the tracks. I want to hear the music myself, and I know thats what people want to, but I want to push the crowd to react more to the tracks that are being played. Ribbz is the UK's number one, and always will be. He knows the most important thing...When to shut up & when to speak, and thats so very important. A shitty MC can ruin & destroy a set / night. I do this "hosting" thing because I want people to react to the amazing tracks that are being played to them & I feel people should be proper 'avin it to them! :rambo:~'come on!'

278d7e64a374de26f==