PDA

View Full Version : Sx 2 'Play in background" problem

The Divide
10-03-2004, 11:59 PM
Ive been recently using both Sx1 and Sx2 on my machine, all has been well and ive not had a single problem. Well untill now. I accidently opened an Sx1 project (for uni) on Sx 2. Normally this wouldnt cause a problem but somehow its taken some of the project settings over (thats what I think has happened). The problems this, if I leave the cubase window the audio stops completly. Its not such a problem untill I start running Reason or Absynth and loose all sound when going into another window to edit the parameters. :cry: I can remember a button on SX1 of cubase 5 saying 'enable play in background' or something along those lines but I cant seem to find it anywhere. Starting to wonder if its been removed out of SX2. If anyone knows the location of that button (if it still exists) or can answere this I would be most gratefull. I just hope theres not something seriously wrong with my card or sx. Thanks

F

DJZeMig_L
11-03-2004, 01:05 PM
devices/ device setup/ VST Multitrack/ setup pannel/ don't tick release Asio Driver in background...

Z

The Divide
11-03-2004, 04:43 PM
devices/ device setup/ VST Multitrack/ setup pannel/ don't tick release Asio Driver in background...

Z

You the man ZeMig, I do have that ticked yea.

DJZeMig_L
11-03-2004, 04:47 PM
So it's solved yeah??

Listenned 2 the trackz... RELENTLESS!! powerfull perc. layer, over layer, over layer, nice nice... I would use less distortion xpecially on the bd and break/ ease the rhythm evrynow and them, to give it more movement intead of bringing in more sounds (there is always the danger of over cloughing).

But should sell like hot bread rolls with butter :P

;)

Z

The Divide
11-03-2004, 09:20 PM
So it's solved yeah??

Listenned 2 the trackz... RELENTLESS!! powerfull perc. layer, over layer, over layer, nice nice... I would use less distortion xpecially on the bd and break/ ease the rhythm evrynow and them, to give it more movement intead of bringing in more sounds (there is always the danger of over cloughing).

But should sell like hot bread rolls with butter :P
;)

Z

:shock: :shock:

The Divide
11-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Yea man fixes the problem as always ;)

Thanks hehe

DJZeMig_L
11-03-2004, 09:45 PM
koewl! ;)

Z