PDA

View Full Version : Patrik Skoog - Horizonte, Airbourne

DJ Corbzy
11-03-2004, 09:39 PM
Just listening to Mosca (matt303) CD 'Feel My Drums' and I love these tracks.

I'm a big fan of Skoog :clap: , just wondered what the proper technoheads thought of them?

Chicago_Techno
11-03-2004, 09:50 PM
Just listening to Mosca (matt303) CD 'Feel My Drums' and I love these tracks.

I'm a big fan of Skoog :clap: , just wondered what the proper technoheads thought of them?

My top producers for 2003:

Skoog
Villalobos

Both had many great releases on several different labels. Well deserved nominations IMHO.

DJ Corbzy
11-03-2004, 09:52 PM
Never heard of Villahobos but Skoog is the bollocks, his productions really changed the way I looked at techno! :clap:

Chicago_Techno
11-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Villalobos is producing more towards funkier/housier side of techno, he even released a few micro-house tracks on Playtime, I like him a lot.

Skoog, I love his productions - several different labels, several totally different tracks that do not sound the same what so ever.

StoQ
12-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Skoog is on my top 5 list
track- Airbourne kills me all the time :)
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: for Mr. Skoog

Dustin Zahn
13-03-2004, 03:58 AM
Villalobos is the bomb. Easy Lee is the best 7am track made last year.

MARKEG
13-03-2004, 11:37 AM
skoog is within my top 3 producers.

Esox Lucius
13-03-2004, 11:56 AM
he has got the skills when it comes to producing, but i find a lotr of his tracks bore me after a while, no dis-respect to the man though.

Spark
13-03-2004, 12:20 PM
Skoog is for me a master producer! ;)

A month ago Skoog was playing here in R'dam i was not at the party but i've heard his mixing skills are very bad and lame.. Or is he also a good dj?

MARKEG
13-03-2004, 12:47 PM
well i heard the same thing but i actually d/l'ed a mix off him from the net the other month and it sounded ok to me.

one
13-03-2004, 01:29 PM
i know for a fact that the setup in rotterdam was really bad, kinda hard for a dj to do his job then

The Overfiend
13-03-2004, 03:43 PM
well i heard the same thing but i actually d/l'ed a mix off him from the net the other month and it sounded ok to me.

Same here.
Sometimes I find most people who are good producers are not the best dj's and vice versa.
But then you have those who are brilliant at both. I dont know, it's all left to perception.

Lisa Lavish
14-03-2004, 11:44 PM
defo one of my fave producers :clap: keep it up skoog man :clap:

observer
15-03-2004, 10:20 AM
i know for a fact that the setup in rotterdam was really bad, kinda hard for a dj to do his job then

Well I feel bad about this cause I´d never played rotterdam and had a really bad night due to the setup. It´s hard to do anything when tracks
are skipping every minute and you can´t hear the monitor

killarava2day
15-03-2004, 11:02 AM

Well I feel bad about this cause I´d never played rotterdam and had a really bad night due to the setup. It´s hard to do anything when tracks

...or like trying to paint a wall with a toothbrush, impossible.

observer
15-03-2004, 11:05 AM

...or like trying to paint a wall with a toothbrush, impossible.

Btw I use this login cause it´s the headroom house one, different people use it =)

Drago
15-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Skoog is for me a master producer! ;)

A month ago Skoog was playing here in R'dam i was not at the party but i've heard his mixing skills are very bad and lame.. Or is he also a good dj?
I was there, and was lucky enough to hear a bit of an interview with him after he played where he basically explained that the set-up wasn't the best. He started off trying to play some tricks in the mix and add a bit more Ooomph to the mix but found that one deck was slightly wobbly and the mixer was a good few years old and getting a bit knacekered. He went about the rest of the set playing straight track after track and they blended very well.

Some people would say a bad workman blames his tools, I would say a club needs to have up to date kit if they expect people to play well ;)

As for productions, Skoog was easily the best for me last year. Brought about a better form to the music, and got more people interested in Techno as a whole which can't be half bad :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==