PDA

View Full Version : pointless skip intro button

crime
12-03-2004, 02:27 PM
What's the point of the "Skip intro" button if it only skips the intro once it's loaded? Sometimes I can't get into the site because this mac doesn't have enough memory allocated to internet explorer, so it refuses to load the flash which the skip intro button seems to be part of.. Surely the whole point of the "Skip intro" feature is to Skip loading the whole thing? It all becomes very tedious when all of this is happening over a 56k connection... Yes, flash can look very pretty, but NOT ALL OF US HAVE BROADBAND... you are potentially alienating a lot of people, especially those on dial ups, who can't get into the site without a long wait....
ok rant over... ;)

Ryan
12-03-2004, 02:50 PM
Brace yourself - you're bound to have offended someone. :lol: ;)

DJ NUNYA
12-03-2004, 02:57 PM
hahaha
no i see your point

Ashley
12-03-2004, 03:49 PM
Brace yourself - you're bound to have offended someone. :lol: ;)

:lol: :lol:

Esox Lucius
12-03-2004, 04:11 PM
it could be argued that it's not actually on the forum ;)

DJ NUNYA
12-03-2004, 04:56 PM
YEP ILL ague that
ok no i wont i cant be assed

Jay M
12-03-2004, 08:11 PM
save the fourm into you favourites once your past the flash then next time you come on it goes staright to the forum ;)

dan the acid man
12-03-2004, 08:36 PM
save the fourm into you favourites once your past the flash then next time you come on it goes staright to the forum ;)

thats what i do, once your on the forum save in favourites, simple ;)

MARKEG
14-03-2004, 10:56 AM
yeah EASY!

Hakka.
14-03-2004, 01:17 PM
What's the point of the "Skip intro" button if it only skips the intro once it's loaded? Sometimes I can't get into the site because this mac doesn't have enough memory allocated to internet explorer, so it refuses to load the flash which the skip intro button seems to be part of.. Surely the whole point of the "Skip intro" feature is to Skip loading the whole thing? It all becomes very tedious when all of this is happening over a 56k connection... Yes, flash can look very pretty, but NOT ALL OF US HAVE BROADBAND... you are potentially alienating a lot of people, especially those on dial ups, who can't get into the site without a long wait....
ok rant over... ;)

I think the skip intro button is more to do with not watching the intro it self than skipping the loading of the intro.

crime
15-03-2004, 12:17 AM

I'm using someone elses computer so this is not an option...

all it needs is a Skip intro button which goes straight to the forum from the very front page (where the enter site button is)

Sorry, but telling me to save it in my favorites (Which arn't my favorites anyway) is a bit lazy on the part of the web designer... ;)

Yoshimitsu
15-03-2004, 02:46 PM

I'm using someone elses computer so this is not an option...

all it needs is a Skip intro button which goes straight to the forum from the very front page (where the enter site button is)

Sorry, but telling me to save it in my favorites (Which arn't my favorites anyway) is a bit lazy on the part of the web designer... ;)

I very much doubt that the persons computer you are using will mind you using up a space in their favourites if u ask. Hardly the end of the world is it? And calling the web designer lazy is a bit out of order as im sure they've far more important things to worry about..

crime
15-03-2004, 06:55 PM
fair enough,:oops: maybe I should be blaming microsoft really and the memory issues in regard to IE:Mac and os9 on an old G3.. it's not as bad as some sites though that have their whole navigation in Flash and you get the message of doom:
index.swf failed to load, try allocating more memory to Internet explorer
At least we have broadband now so I'm not waiting 5 minuites to see this kind of message.... But the issue isn't whether I should stick it in favorites or not, but the cronic overuse of flash on the web, which whilst all looking very nice can be a bit of a hinderance if you don't have a fast internet connection or computer, surely it's better for anyone on any connection and any computer to be able to see websites than just get a blank page that doesn't do anything...

MARKEG
15-03-2004, 07:03 PM
i know what you mean crime. the web designer is lazy ie me ;) but i'd much rather be doing something else than redesigning that front page - it took me almost two weeks to figure that out and i'm not going through that again hahahaha. no i see your point and hey it needs sorting. leave it with me for when i do a new site design....

Ashley
15-03-2004, 07:48 PM
And our post count ;)

MARKEG
15-03-2004, 08:46 PM
post count?

dont tell me that's gone down????????/ :shock:

EmotionComplex
15-03-2004, 09:08 PM
post count?

she cany take it captain, she DONT!..HAVE!...THE POWA! :shock:

Ashley
15-03-2004, 10:38 PM
:eh:

Yoshimitsu
16-03-2004, 12:43 PM
post count?

she cany take it captain, she DONT!..HAVE!...THE POWA! :shock:

subsonic
16-03-2004, 12:53 PM

Barely Human
16-03-2004, 04:42 PM
If you want mark, i can sort it out for ya. All i need is the original swish file, .swi, (not the .swf that is on the server), and i can stick a skip intro button on it for ya. Either that, or i can do you a completey new one.

278d7e64a374de26f==