PDA

View Full Version : WAV Encryption Software

djfilthmonger
15-08-2014, 01:33 PM
Hi All,

I am just wondering if anyone has used any WAV encryption software before for your own music?
I wrote code in java that basically encrypts and decrypts WAV files and wonder is there any appeal out there for this kind of thing?

The idea is you encrypt your WAV file and a key is created also.

Then to decrypt the other recipient who has been sent the encrypted WAV would require the same key.
Thoughts anyone.

Thanks

Basil Rush
23-11-2014, 11:59 AM
Hi All,

I am just wondering if anyone has used any WAV encryption software before for your own music?
I wrote code in java that basically encrypts and decrypts WAV files and wonder is there any appeal out there for this kind of thing?

The idea is you encrypt your WAV file and a key is created also.

Then to decrypt the other recipient who has been sent the encrypted WAV would require the same key.
Thoughts anyone.

Thanks

For what purpose though? You can already just wrap them up in a zip file with AES or something.

Basil Rush
23-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Now if you could hide your filthy techno inside a WAV file that normally played back Britney Spears ... and then when you entered the secret key... that would be cool ;)

djfilthmonger
28-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Now if you could hide your filthy techno inside a WAV file that normally played back Britney Spears ... and then when you entered the secret key... that would be cool ;)

Well it plays back as pink noise when encrypted which is nicer on the ears than Britney

djfilthmonger
28-11-2014, 01:53 PM
I would trust my own personal code haha i created this as part of a project in college, all that wasted time when I could have been creating or mixing music

278d7e64a374de26f==