PDA

View Full Version : darkside tonight

Tiptoe
12-03-2004, 04:35 PM
who is coming can't wait to see oscar mullero bang it out :lol:

miromiric.
12-03-2004, 05:48 PM
watch out for that grovskopa fellow. i heard he is even more skilled then oscar.

Buttman
14-03-2004, 04:41 PM
watch out for that grovskopa fellow. i heard he is even more skilled then oscar.

He is not!

miromiric.
14-03-2004, 04:51 PM
how was the night?

Buttman
14-03-2004, 05:05 PM
how was the night?

Me and Oscar set the scene.
Proper no-lube assfist.

Trainspotters were so silly. Imitating us mixing and writing down EVERY record in their cellular phones. Seemingly not really knowing anything about the music. I mean, which trainspotter has to check which record Jeff Mills - Humana is?

And Downwards (Billy) is a mouth-full ha ha ha

Buttman
14-03-2004, 05:06 PM
Actually Paul Mac was very good aswell. I had expected congobongo and samba shite but he played techno and the mixing was spot-on!

Tiptoe
14-03-2004, 05:35 PM
yeah i thought it was going to just be soft tunes but he banged it out

Buttman
15-03-2004, 02:17 PM

I meant Ampassassin.

slimboy
15-03-2004, 02:25 PM
What about Oscar Mulero? Come on, more details!!

Buttman
15-03-2004, 02:50 PM
What about Oscar Mulero? Come on, more details!!

He is always great.

miromiric.
15-03-2004, 02:55 PM
what were sluts like?*

Buttman
15-03-2004, 03:54 PM
what were sluts like?*

English girls are shabby. The Dutch ones were OK.

I have become spoiled living in Spain and playing in Slovakia.

miromiric.
15-03-2004, 04:18 PM
i saw a hot MILF pic on the saturday`s party. they are 50% ****able. where r leeds pics?

massplanck
15-03-2004, 04:24 PM
how was the night?

Me and Oscar set the scene.
Proper no-lube assfist.

Trainspotters were so silly. Imitating us mixing and writing down EVERY record in their cellular phones.

I ****ing hate this shit. I love the anonimity when listening to people play/mix. Will you nerds please stay clear of the DJ box for long periods of time or do you just pay in to watch rather than listen to people mix. Muleros gig over here recently was quite similar . I 'recognised' some tracks that night but why the **** would I want to write this crap down and waste time trying desperately to sound like someone else when I could sound like me?

Actually It doesnt matter at all. I get the feeling that they think that this is how the will suceed in music which actually spells doom for themselves.

Bring on the Mulero Clones. And line them up beside the Beyer ones.

ampassasinbirmingham
15-03-2004, 06:03 PM

I meant Ampassassin.

:shock:

miromiric.
15-03-2004, 06:07 PM
ja, some of the older boys in the queer can be quite a mouthfull.

Tiptoe
15-03-2004, 10:30 PM
must not forget to mention Grovskopa thought he played v good as well. first time i seen him and was well impressed

Buttman
16-03-2004, 11:38 AM
must not forget to mention Grovskopa thought he played v good as well. first time i seen him and was well impressed

Do you take cards or do I have to pay in cash?

Tiptoe
16-03-2004, 07:16 PM
think was cash wasn't it :lol: . Good night wasn't it shame it wasn't packed though! Keep up the good work mate

The Overfiend
16-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Were the sets recorded?

ampassasinbirmingham
16-03-2004, 07:52 PM
Were the sets recorded?

i wish they were:(

Tiptoe
16-03-2004, 08:07 PM
yeah wish all nights you went to were recorded. :cry:

ampassasinbirmingham
16-03-2004, 08:45 PM
i wish they recorded house of god more often also!!!

MARKEG
17-03-2004, 12:30 AM
this should be in the events section - i'll move it :)

plincit
17-03-2004, 03:42 PM
I **** hate this shit. I love the anonimity when listening to people play/mix. Will you nerds please stay clear of the DJ box for long periods of time or do you just pay in to watch rather than listen to people mix. Muleros gig over here recently was quite similar . I 'recognised' some tracks that night but why the **** would I want to write this crap down and waste time trying desperately to sound like someone else when I could sound like me?

Actually It doesnt matter at all. I get the feeling that they think that this is how the will suceed in music which actually spells doom for themselves.

Bring on the Mulero Clones. And line them up beside the Beyer ones.

word to that.

actually i think it did piss the djs off slightly and we'll be changing things for next month with no access to the front of the dj booth for anyone. these guys come to play and need to concentrate, not be shaking hands every other minute. also when this area is blocked by spotters the people on the dancefloor can't see the djs they've paid for and come to see. it's good to see people genuinely interested in the records being played and the skills being shown though.

mulero cloneage isn't a bad thing for leeds. for too long we've been swamped with beyer and carola clones. i tell you, i've never sold so many spanish records as i have done this week!
it's looking good again for yorkshire techno.

plincit
17-03-2004, 03:52 PM
think was cash wasn't it :lol: . Good night wasn't it shame it wasn't packed though! Keep up the good work mate

wasn't packed but from what i can gather from other events held last weekend we were the busiest techno night around. too many nights fell on the same date and with all our artists making northern debuts i think we did very well. the crowd remained on the dancefloor all night so we must be doing something right musically.

it's getting there and with rob hood, bicknell, jay denham, vince watson reeko, surgeon, regis & female all playing before the end of june it's gonna get better folks....

plincit
17-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Were the sets recorded?

i wish they were:(

not had the facilities to record till today.
new darkside website goes up very soon and with djs permissions we'll have all sets online for download. we'll try and get some sets out of djs who already played for us too...

278d7e64a374de26f==