PDA

View Full Version : Giant & Dwarf 007 with Paul Mac - UPCOMING

crazyxray
12-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Here we are again and in the meantime it is already the 7th Strike. Once again we have with Paul Mac, recruited someone from the UK. Paul is with his uncountable releases on just as many labels, one of those guys whose records you just know. One can safely talk about him alongside names like Ben Sims and Mark Williams when you talk about -Tribal-Techno-. The guy just grooves! Release-date will be 14th April 2004

Giant – Side:
7 is not only the best number. It also offers "Outsider" by Paul Mac who was on our Giant wish-list from the beginning on. Warm acoustic elements carry the track. Bongos, congas, rim-shots and a whole lot of other clashing and banging cause the hips to start moving as if by magic! Ethno meets carnival in Brazil and never in such a convincing way. An unbelievable track that slowly pushes and surprises with breaks where you were least expecting. Just while you are wondering "what was that?" the beat sets in again and everything is back to where you were. Hardgroove Tribal Techno of top quality. One can't find better. And finally Crazy X-Ray and Hassan Høkström's "Running Beast" has been carved into holy vinyl. The producer seldom has been so convinced by a track. But, don’t be afraid. Dogs that bark don’t bite!!! Enjoy!

Dwarf – Side:
The first B-side track comes this time from the MZM Groupfrom beautiful Greece. The guys are an exception as techno act in their native country. That however doesn’t mean a thing. With "R U Listen to me?" they know how to go for a danceable track. The single elements build together to form the permeating beat. Its effect expands with the addition of vocal samples. You will remember Acidrain from the 5th Strike. With "Leaving Atmosphere" we have got a track with unbelievable atmo. Gloomy, melancholic sounds prevail through the whole track. At the same time however, the creator never forgets the beats. Result: another young and innovative producer that proves that pretty Switzerland doesn't only consist of pocket knives and Riccola sweets.

Be Prepared, the next one is also close to come.

Soundfiles are available on www.giantanddwarf.com -- releases & reviews -- The 7th Strike

benced
12-03-2004, 07:39 PM
i feel more than priviledged to hold a promo of this in my hands... excellent release! paul mac.. nothing more needs to be said ... big props to the "dwarfs" as well...

:cool:

The Overfiend
12-03-2004, 08:50 PM
I've always liked the concept behind Giant n Dwarf Records.
Paul Mac is an Ace.
Cheers fellas all around.

dan the acid man
12-03-2004, 10:49 PM
it is a good label, its looking like a good one

dan the acid man
12-03-2004, 10:54 PM
were are the sound clips, i cant find them :oops:

benced
13-03-2004, 12:25 AM
@dan... at the website, browse to the section "releases".... select gad007.. scroll down to the bottom... there is a track listing... on the left from the track names, there a little graphics symbolizing a "play button".... they are linked to the sound clips...

hope this helps :cool:

dan the acid man
13-03-2004, 06:02 PM
cheers for the help, i hadnt noticed the scroll down bar on the far right hand side :oops:

the a2 side is sounding a bit special

matt303
13-03-2004, 07:06 PM
Where can i buy these records from? All my usual haunts don't seem to stock them.

dan the acid man
13-03-2004, 07:29 PM
http://www.tuneinn.com/

these stock giant and dwarf, they have always provided a good service to me aswell. ;)

crazyxray
14-03-2004, 11:23 AM
or ask your local/usual record dealer if there is a way to order the records for u from intergroove germany or NEWS belgium. I am sure he will do it.

matt303
14-03-2004, 02:09 PM
he did, but apparently got let down. i will try tune inn though, i forgot to go there when i looked originally. cheers.

go|plastic
14-03-2004, 08:42 PM
I'd just like to say that I think the idea behind Giant and Dwarf Records is really awesome, and so are the releases... there's something for everyone.
Respect to everybody involved with the project.

crazyxray
14-03-2004, 09:00 PM
THANKS A LOT!
I hope that others will follow with concepts like ours.
Newbies need some support. And, like we show on our records,
the productions from the new faces are as good as them by the well-knowns. They just need a platform to release their sound.

278d7e64a374de26f==