PDA

View Full Version : firewire 410 recording levels

Chymera
13-03-2004, 12:10 AM
i'm using the firewire 410 recording into soundforge. Normally when I recorded on my old soundcard I would simply double click on the speaker icon in my taskbar then select options>properties>adjust volume for recording... then it would bring up a panel with a load of volume sliders for cd, mixer etc so I could set the record levels... however when I do this using the firewire 410 there are no options available at all for adjusting the recording level.... for vinyl its not too much of a problem as I can adjust the volume on the mixer to get the levels right, but for recording from internal Cd, or external MD I have no way to set the levels, and they are clipping waaay too much. Does anyone else have this problem? How do you set the levels for recording with SF?? i'm using XP BTW. thanks

DJZeMig_L
13-03-2004, 03:21 PM
I gather that u'll have a mixer where u can set the inputs vol. ... From the internal cd u can just ripp the audio thus having the exact same vol as the original thing...

If this doesn't help please describe in detail all yer steps and the probs.

Z

Chymera
13-03-2004, 06:32 PM
there is a mixer for the firewire. however adjusting the input level on that does not make any difference to the volume... which is weird

DJZeMig_L
13-03-2004, 08:13 PM
It makes sense if u r talkin about the CD unless U have the internal cd somehow plugged into the soundcard...

So u should go about basically the same way as b4...

Please explain in detail what u r doing...

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==