PDA

View Full Version : london techno

zap
11-02-2003, 10:00 PM
what doyou guys think of the current state of undergroud techno in london :?:

personally i think it,s great that they are moving away from the 303 stuff and starting to produce more funky techno what rap sampels and so on

JACKSTAR
12-02-2003, 12:03 AM
Personally I think it's not a patch on what it was like in the mid-nineties but things can only get better as they say.

P.

www.paullangley.net

www.jackstar-recordings.com

Paul Zykotik
12-02-2003, 01:31 PM
IMO some of the stuff coming out now is brilliant. All the old acid techno producers are doing some great stuff, and it's really going down well - anyone who was at Antiworld on Saturday would have seen that when Chris Liberator tore the techno room apart.

It's good to see that these producers are capable of a sound beyond the typical SUF style, which was wicked at the time but bores me these days. Look at what's on offer -

Hydraulix, which has to be one of my favourite labels, every release bought guaranteed without even having to listen to it.

Maximum Minimum, which has released some truly inspiring tracks, especially the 'minimum' sides and has allowed a lot of the london techno producers to do something very different

Cluster, I don't think I need to say anything about this!

RAW, granted you can always tell a Guy McAffer tune straight off, but recently he's been putting some new slants on his trademark style

Smaller labels like Pure Noise and Subvert are also putting out great tunes, while even Routemaster has had some techno on it (Amphetamine or Cocaine! Great tune!)

My only complaint would be that the scene isn't as strong anymore :( But as far as the music goes, long may it continue, it's a good sound in it's own right, but mashed up with other techno it's just superb!

zaalmoetlos
12-02-2003, 04:21 PM
I've been coming to london since the beginning of the nineties and if you ask me the scene was amazing in the beginning round about 93 and then collapsed round about 97/98. countless recordstores went bust (zoom, unity,silverfish,phatcat) and others stopped selling techno like vinyljunkies... Now one the only decent ones left is Eukatech (i know same owners as silferfish)....
Lots of organisers stopped there techno nights (maybe they just moved but i didn't see as much choice in parties all of a sudden)

Now it seems to be getting a bit better then it was but it's no where near what is was.... I used to save money and buy shitloads of records when i went to londen... now I just check the stores like eukatech and the second hand stores for old stuff, but i buy most in holland... namely confused records in the hague....
very frustrating because about 60% of what i buy is english!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saki nzyme
12-02-2003, 08:10 PM
i love the new style the london boys are bringing out, for me henry is the one to watch this year, hydralix is one of the biggest selling techno labels now.

his production skills are amazing as are his dj'ing abilities.

i have to sat though the last few stay up forever releases have been quite poor in my opinion, i do miss the bangin acid tunes they use to make.

but on the other hand you have got mark tyler who makes bangin tribal techno with some slite acid lines in which im really into, so people say his sound is to likes guy's but in my opinion they rock!

i would really like to see the london boys up there with the likes of marco bailey dave clarke etc.............one big techno party acid purist electro etc all in one room................techno purist suck on this :)

lunatrick
13-02-2003, 12:39 AM
I agree....it's about time that the borders were brought down and I reckon either lawrie or henry will break through to the 'pure' techno superleague.

it's crazy that as producers they are looked down upon by purists, when the same people big up woody mcbride or other acid tracks that are produced outside the uk. I DO rate most of the techno big names, but they've had a monopoly for way too long in the uk methinks....

saki nzyme
13-02-2003, 10:46 PM
totaly agree with you mate

a lot of the purist big boys are so over rated in my opinion

MARKEG
14-02-2003, 04:24 AM
totally agree..

Barely Human
14-02-2003, 03:19 PM
also agree!!

krakp0t
14-02-2003, 03:46 PM
henry is the one to watch this year

only this year? where u been? ;)

i'm getting a tatoo of the cluster logo.

Anonymous
14-02-2003, 05:44 PM
What, exactly, is the definition of a purist?

Adverse
14-02-2003, 06:35 PM
right i'd like to know that one too.

anx
14-02-2003, 08:39 PM
yes what exactly is a purist?
im gonna turn that into a post in itself...

exos
15-02-2003, 10:52 PM
alot of the big names are braindead these days,,,alot of new unknown artists are doing such amazing stuff....like dj amok,acid circus,jake and me heheh and many more super dudes... :twisted:

exos
15-02-2003, 10:53 PM
talking about london area...i am seeking for a dj gig over there,,,who should i speak to ...????

278d7e64a374de26f==