PDA

View Full Version : Hitpoint Editing (Cubase SX)

MARKEG
14-03-2004, 12:33 PM
right this is what I'm doing right now:

Import a sample > enter Sample Edit mode, then Hitpoint Edit mode, then set bars then create audio slices > then editing each seperate block - process/effect - whatever. wow. i can't believe how powerful this is.

so is there anything else apart form the standard reverse/effects etc on each block that anyone has figured out on this hitpoint shit?? i know you've got a mute tool for your slices and wow i can take out hitpoints i don't want.

but is there anything else?

what an amazing feature....

maily
14-03-2004, 03:59 PM
you probably know this already but, hitpoint editor is the same as propellorheads re-cycle, which means that aswell as creating audio slices and detecting bpm from a loop you can also create midi groove templates from your slices,

double click on audio,
calculate hitpoints,
go back to hitpoint menu and select create groove quantize cubase will automatically save a groove quantize that will apear in the list of quantize settings.

Antinoise
14-03-2004, 10:52 PM
After calculating the hitpoints then I go to the hitpoint menu.. my only options are "Creat audio slices" and "Divide Audio Events".....
"Calculate" and "Create Groove Quantize" are grey. What am I doing wrong?

Personally, I rewire reason in to Cubase specifically so I can manulipate rex files. The rex player and the grid sequencer is f***ing amazing to me.

maily
15-03-2004, 03:47 PM
have you set the loop length at the top of the edit window?

The Divide
15-03-2004, 05:13 PM
After calculating the hitpoints then I go to the hitpoint menu.. my only options are "Creat audio slices" and "Divide Audio Events".....
"Calculate" and "Create Groove Quantize" are grey. What am I doing wrong?

Personally, I rewire reason in to Cubase specifically so I can manulipate rex files. The rex player and the grid sequencer is f***ing amazing to me.

Oh damn, I figured this problem out once and I have forgotten how to do it. Let me ave a go when i get home and see if I can remember. Maybe you should try doing this without converting the audio to a part? Theres deffinatly a sequence on how you should do this. Try calculating hit points in the audio editor and then b4 you slice it up with the divide audio events press the "Create Groove Quantize". That allows you to extract the groove of the hitpoints into your snap area. Very interesting results can come of this.

DJZeMig_L
15-03-2004, 05:15 PM
"...Try calculating hit points in the audio editor and then b4 you slice it up with the divide audio events press the "Create Groove Quantize". That allows you to extract the groove of the hitpoints into your snap area. Very interesting results can come of this. ..." ... fernando

I think that is the answer... also don't forget 2 tell cubase how many Bars/ beats U want/ is yer loop!

Z

The Divide
15-03-2004, 05:24 PM
I think that is the answer... also don't forget 2 tell cubase how many Bars/ beats U want/ is yer loop!
Z

I have never done that tho and it works fine for me!! Must be lucky

maily
15-03-2004, 07:39 PM
do hitpoints operate the same way in sx2 as they did in sx?

The Divide
15-03-2004, 10:50 PM
yea

DJZeMig_L
16-03-2004, 12:48 AM
Has any1 tryed the time warped thingy in the audio editing?
After doind the divide audio events.. click on the icon warped... just go crazy with the timing.. this is a bit like live 3. This is like reverse thinking instead of moving the audio clips u move the time!?!?

I haven't tryed this :oops: but sound like u could make some wicked crazy shufling and wacky sample mangling...

ahhh but the other tracks keep they're timming ...!? :eh:

let us know yer xperiments :rambo:

Z

DJZeMig_L
16-03-2004, 12:49 AM
PS.. warped time works with midi aswell!!!

:shock: :roll:

Z

maily
16-03-2004, 12:51 AM
not checked that out, i'll try that 2morrow ;)

mindgame
29-06-2004, 06:43 AM
alot of useful info in this..bumping to the head of the line so i can find it later..

278d7e64a374de26f==