PDA

View Full Version : Advice on AMP's and Speakers!

Hakka.
15-03-2004, 06:12 AM
Ok... I'm looking to spend around £200 in total on a AMP and some speakers (can buy one now and one later if they speakers are expensive!)

I'm looking for recommendations from you lot on a amp with some details on why you recommend it and the same for a set of speakers please!

I need to use them for mixing in the bedroom and more importantly monitoring for production (which I appreciated you need a lot better but I have to make do!)

Hope one of you can help.

Barely Human
15-03-2004, 07:54 AM
Personaly mate, i would get some Alesis M1's. You can pick em up for about £250 nowerdays, and their active aswell.

EmotionComplex
15-03-2004, 08:27 AM
yeah i use m1's for production and theyve been great so far, i used them for a mix once aswell and they were great. as long as your not pumping them out at club monitoring volumes i think theyed be fine for regular mixing use :)

dan the acid man
15-03-2004, 08:50 AM
alesis one get my vote also, i wouldnt recommend using them for anything other than production though.

EmotionComplex
15-03-2004, 09:05 AM
alesis one get my vote also, i wouldnt recommend using them for anything other than production though.

mmm yeah perhaps using them for both production and mixing might compremise ther performance for the production side, if they can handle it though i think theyd make good monitors for homemixing as i found it a breeze to mix with them, really got a good sense of what you were altering with the eq aswell but yeah i can see it possibly damaging/over wearing them with heavy mixing duties.

Hakka
17-03-2004, 05:38 AM
oooh! makes this awkward. I want to switch between them both for mixing and monitoring... guess I may have to seperate that then.

I will check ou the products you have suggested though.

278d7e64a374de26f==