PDA

View Full Version : monitors making staticy noises

tekara
15-03-2004, 07:18 AM
anything that comes out of my monitors at the moment are making mild staticy noises. somebody had told me that it could possibly be the motherboard drivers especially the IDE drivers that need to be updated on my asus mothjerboard.

has anyone experienced this kind of static before? Its not really a sharp clipping sound, but more of a relentless static in the background. i turned down the volume on both monitors and on the audio interface but it still statics at low volumes.

any suggestions?

MARKEG
15-03-2004, 09:32 AM
it's to do with your 828 setup i think.

play with your buffer rate in the 828 cntl panel.

what programs are you using and it is happening with them all?

BloodStar
15-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Hi, I've found similar issue like this. Is your PC connected to the internet via cable, or something like this.?
Here in my country this is known issue for people connected via LAN with UPC and Chello. If you pull out the LAN cable it should help.
If you have more cards plugged in your motherboard, try to plug your sound card to have some free slots on both sides,.

tekara
15-03-2004, 09:48 AM
thanks for the info guys,

im gonna go home and try it and let you guys know what it might be.

Mark, im currently using Reason 2.5 and Cubase SX. So far it hasnt happened in any of the tracks i play in Reason but it makes clipping noises only when i play MP3 files :(

thanks again.

tekara
17-03-2004, 03:58 PM
by the way Mark,

thanks for the suggestion, changing the buffer rate does clear up the statics. However after an hour of using the monitors i notice that the noise comes back again and you must change the buffer rate to another setting. is this normal?

DJZeMig_L
17-03-2004, 04:14 PM
mate I think this is starting 2 sound like a bug in the driver, which will probably 2 updated again...

Anyways try 2 deactivate any LAN ports/ devices (carefull I mean deactive not unistall!!!!!) in XP's device manager... let us know if this helped.. u can at any time activate/ deactivate the LAN port. If this proves 2 b the culprit of yer probs.. u can do a dual boot with 2 xps, 1 for audio work (totally teaked 4 that purpouse and with everything unecessary deactivated)... another for net/ games, etc...

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==