PDA

View Full Version : Fruityloops to Cubase...

Tik Tok
15-03-2004, 06:50 PM
Im using Fruityloops at the minute, Ive been using this for a few years now and never really got my head around Cubase. If I were to start on Cubase is there any sites that could give me the basics on how to start? What would you recommend me purchasing i.e plugins, soft samplers ect.. What advantages would I get from Cubase that I wouldnt get from Fruityloops?

Any help would be wicked.. Cheers.

DJZeMig_L
15-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Mainly the audio work...!!

Sites!! This is THA SITE PLAYA!! ehehhe :P

I think U'll b in good company around here!

Z

The Overfiend
15-03-2004, 09:15 PM
same question glad im not alone on this.
Question for Ze Mig.
When sequencing and I have a channel that I want to gradually make soft to louder and come to fruition in the progress of the song.how to do so.

DJZeMig_L
16-03-2004, 12:31 AM
Man have u been workin' out U look good in the picture... The bikini suits ya ... ehehhe :P

In fruity U create a new empty pattern...... go to the play list and place a little event (square) in the first bar... then just right click on the level u want 2 automate (fade In/ out), choose edit controler... scroll to the bars u want the fade 2 start...

In Sx all u need is the mixer automation... click W (4 write automation) in the mixer's channel u want 2 fade, rewind a bit press play lower/ raise the vol. 2 the start level u wish ... just do the fade manually while sx plays. when u'r donne just go back unclick w and click R (read automation) et voilá.. this is how 2 automate basically any parameter in cubase... If u need 2 fine tune the automation, just go into the main window (project window), click on the small plus simbol on it's botom left fiel and a sub-track will show u the automation resize that track 2 yer taste and re-edit!!

hope this answers!

Z

jake
16-03-2004, 02:45 AM
ze migl always coming through :lol:

DJZeMig_L
16-03-2004, 02:48 AM
It's a dirty job... and I'm a dirty oldish man! ;)

Z

Antinoise
16-03-2004, 03:39 AM
Man have u been workin' out U look good in the picture... The bikini suits ya ... ehehhe :PZ
Ya.. he's the one all the way on the right!

Antinoise
16-03-2004, 04:13 AM
Cubase just has a great audio engine and is a professional sequencer. Your going to get a much better mix coming from Fruity rewired into Cubase than just fruity alone. (Likewise with reason).. ... You’re getting:
-More Control...(In all avenues)
-Better Audio Engine...
-Superior Midi Implementation....

Fruity is great at what it does.. but its a more limited tool at everything else. Now that fruity 4.5 uses rewire I've started to use fruity again quite a bit as a sound generating device and leave cubase to sequencing, efx and mixing. Its hard to explain beyond that until you actually get into using cubase and you go.. "Oh ya.. Now I see!"

I taught Cubase to myself but I have a book called Cubase Reference by Wizoo thats great for when I get stuck or want to expand my horizons. There are also some instructional videos too..

As far as synths and efx:: Look at the current posts of “Favorite VST efx’s’ and “Favorite VSTi synth’s” to get all your answers.

Tik Tok
17-03-2004, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the help everyone, Im picking it up pretty quick! Its just learning how to lay things down.

Im using Halion soft sampler atm, pain in the arse as Im used to fruity but Ill get there in the end, its all practice. I also have a Soundcraft M8 mixing desk, is it worth connecting this up? could it make the sound warmer by any chance? what use could I have for it?

Im asking alot of questions but if anyone has a question with Fruityloops then Ill have a go at answering them in return.

Cheers! ;)

DJZeMig_L
17-03-2004, 10:29 PM
if u work with hardware... yes...
If not, the only advantage I can think of is hands-on Eq and the possibility of running the channel a little hot and had some hardware/ analog overdrive (go very easy on this!!!).

Z

Antinoise
18-03-2004, 08:20 AM
If you have a good soundcard with multi outs then mixing down through the Soundcraft would be nice. Then you have to rerecord onto HD or DAT... Its another step in the process and you need to have the right gear or other wise you will loose quality....

278d7e64a374de26f==