PDA

View Full Version : ableton overall compression

miromiric.
15-03-2004, 09:32 PM
should i put a compressor on master channel when playing on a big soundsystem? or is it better to leave it blank and lower the volume manually?

DJZeMig_L
16-03-2004, 12:35 AM
depends on what u wnat... is it just for controlling the overal volume from "song" to "song"... then not really necessary, best if u control things as not 2 have the compressor overdriven and "nasty sounding"... at the same time a comp/ limiter can b a safety net so u don't blow the pa...

Comp can b a bog part of yer sound so in this case the answer is obvious!!

A comp is generally a "correctional" tool but can also b use creatively thus achieving a wanted comp efx!

Z

jake
16-03-2004, 02:42 AM
i like a lil compression on the master 1.5:1 or 2:1 but its all preference i guess.. limiting is good if you've got the extra cpu power for it - ive seen a live pa blow out a bunch of bass cabinets and i know he won't be booked again for awhile........

BloodStar
16-03-2004, 10:03 AM
Agree, it should be good as an FX, but I can't see the point why to compress already compressed Wav, once again?
As a limiter, can be good choice, IMO.

Basil Rush
16-03-2004, 01:53 PM
I vaguely remember that there's a compressor at the Fridge which was next to the DJ booth, some people used to wind this right up when DJing ... made it quite exciting :)

278d7e64a374de26f==