PDA

View Full Version : djs blagging sets !!

dj vorny
16-03-2004, 06:04 PM
whats everyones thoughts on djs who blag sets by saying they do something that they dont i.e a dj team who say they play a back 2 back set when only one dj mixes,saying its a live pa when they got a cd playing and doing effects on poineer djm mixer stuff like that ? :nono: :neutral: ;)

EmotionComplex
16-03-2004, 06:11 PM
ive not been to a set were this has happened befoer but yeah it does sound like a bit of a scam, if 2 djs are booked for a set then 2 djs should play although i imagine itd be very akward for the other dj after the first 10 mins of standing there anyway :lol:

Hakka
16-03-2004, 06:15 PM
whats everyones thoughts on djs who blag sets by saying they do something that they dont i.e a dj team who say they play a back 2 back set when only one dj mixes,saying its a live pa when they got a cd playing and doing effects on poineer djm mixer stuff like that ? :nono: :neutral: ;)

I know people embelish on the dj career which is a bit naughty but I guess people get frustrated when they get ignored for sets and they are good dj's.

I try to keep my work as honest as possible... recently I've not really heard a thing from a Promoter about playing me lately but I'm not too bothered... I guess patience is the key. My profile on germantrance is brief and to the point and perhaps thats what is putting promoters off me.

anyway... back to the topic! - I personaly think its only best to book dj's and live PA acts on recommendation from reliable sources... as that why you know a bit more abotu what your getting. I've heard the "live" PA world is a dodgy one... I even saw K90 at dance academy and I didn't see them use the big instruments that were set up for any of there set.

Chazbloke
16-03-2004, 07:23 PM
slightly different kinda blag, which winds me the **** up real bad, are DJs who stand by the decks, all set, saying "let me mix one tune please mate", "go on mate, just one yea, i'll make it quick", "the tunes fukin phat man, let me play mate, go on, ya shit anyway"... etc etc etc...
THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF!
and then DJs, who come up to you all evening/day "whens my set then mate?", even tho i never seen the cunt before in my life..."am i on next yea?","when you kicking him off mate?"...and then they have the cheek the step ova the barrier and into the booth and try and get on!!!
**** OFF!
dicks.....
rant off.
Chaz.

mrbenn
16-03-2004, 09:40 PM
THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF!
and then DJs, who come up to you all evening/day "whens my set then mate?", even tho i never seen the cunt before in my life..."am i on next yea?","when you kicking him off mate?"...and then they have the cheek the step ova the barrier and into the booth and try and get on!!!
**** OFF!

I remeber one cunt bugging me all night to have a go, he even had the cheek of telling me I was shit I could'nt mix and that he was the best DJ going. At first i felt like knocking him out but after a few chemicals I found myself being a bit more friendly, big mistake.

I let him have a go on the decks after him standing there for about 2 hours, he I picked a tune for him to mix making sure id picked something a retarded badger could mix just so he could'nt **** it up. Anyway as the other tune was drawing to an end i got a bit nervous and realised he was about to **** it up badly. he brought the tune at about the double the volume of the tune playing with the beats all over the place, everyone in the club turned to the DJ booth to see this dickhead still thinking he was ace in disbelief, leaving me feeling very very embaresed. I was sacked a week later.

Dan.T.
18-03-2004, 02:10 PM
hakka, if you want your profile updating on GT just email it to me ;)

Dan

Dean-E
18-03-2004, 04:05 PM
The thing that annoys me is the promoters who offer sets to people who run a coach or put up a few posters.......I think you should be booked on your merits not on what you can do for some-one else

Hakka.
18-03-2004, 04:08 PM
hakka, if you want your profile updating on GT just email it to me ;)

Dan

I'm tempted to do that man! you've managed to get soo much off your chest about it... I will sit down and have a think bud!

278d7e64a374de26f==