PDA

View Full Version : Tribal Slammer

dirty_bass
17-03-2004, 03:33 AM
Well, if anyone has heard the 1st loop on londontechno.co.uk
this is what became of it. Another tribaley type tune, with more rock and roll vocals. I dunno where this fits in stylewise.

http://www.londontechno.co.uk/Tunes/Burn%20it%20Black%20(master).mp3

Antinoise
17-03-2004, 04:26 AM
I like it... The vocals could be a little more dub and chopped up for me.. but other than that the track has allot of personality. Probally more house than techno.. but who cares wtf it is as long as its got groove!

Whats your rig like.. You mostly hardware or soft.?

Drago
17-03-2004, 08:11 AM
I like this aswell, nice rolling loop and a great vocal over the top. The vocal sounds like it is clashing a little with the highs in places, so if that could be worked out it would sit a bit better....but other than that I have no complaints ;) I would certainly play it in a Techno set.....

As for genre....genre shmenre...it's House, it's Techno and it's Progressive all rolled into one. Could be another one of those great "Crossover" tracks we all keep hearing about :!:

benced
17-03-2004, 10:17 AM
i think it's straight techno.... with tribal percussions. hahaha ... who cares as long as it sounds good ;)

it's awesome! is this one gonna be pressed?

The Overfiend
17-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Loving the whole Vocal thing.
i think Lawrie would eat this one alive.

Sam_Horam
17-03-2004, 01:16 PM
Right, not my type of music but the production is very good.

This is very high quality shit man.

:clap:

dan the acid man
18-03-2004, 12:08 AM
the link doesnt work for me :cry:

dan the acid man
18-03-2004, 12:10 AM
got it working :oops:

as usual this is damn fine, love the vocals and the bass.

dirty_bass
19-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Cheers for the responses. I wasn`t too sure what kinda response this would get as it isn`t straight techno. I`m taking a break from the normal side of techno to refresh my head, so it is giving me the chance to work on more diverse "crossover" material.

Whats your rig like.. You mostly hardware or soft.?

Both, although the the sofware is taking over for sheer speed and ease of use. This particular tune was done entirely on software (apart from the vocals, and I recorded them on my trusty old ribbon mike).

Dustin Zahn
21-03-2004, 02:25 AM
I just listened to this track now. I have no clue how it got on my desktop cause I don't remember downloading anything (maybe I was wasted a couple nights ago and did an internet session). Anyway, the low end is really cool. Reminds me of Headroom's shades of shape. I was impressed.

It's not typically my kind of track but I think it's playable for sure. The vocals are weird and not for everyone, but they're cool I think the people who dig them will really dig them. To please everyone, maybe if you put it out give them the vocal cut and the dub cut. Well done.

dirty_bass
21-03-2004, 03:21 AM
Cheers Dustin, yeah, I am working on a dub cut, with some harsher elements to fill the gaps left by lack of vocal, and to complement the huge bass.

278d7e64a374de26f==