PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Minimum

Si the Sigh
17-03-2004, 12:37 PM
What do you guys think of this label? Bar being a nightmare trying to work out which track is which due to the stupid colour scheme ( :lol: ), I find every release a bit hit & miss. The last one that I thought was really worth buying was Max Min Gold.

dirty_bass
17-03-2004, 01:22 PM
Used to love it in the early releases, but have seen the quality go down and down in general. I think this is mainly due to chris`s DJ schedule. It would appear that whatever tunes get made in the time he has to do it, have to go on to the record, regardless of quality, due to the release schedule.

Si the Sigh
17-03-2004, 01:25 PM
Hmm...Thats not too good. The minimum sides don't really do much for me, but I do like the idea of having max & min sides & styles. Some of the maximum sides i've heard have been quite good, but theres never been an absolute monster of a track on any ive heard. Fill in material?

basslinejunkie
17-03-2004, 01:29 PM
i think its an excellent acid label.sum of the realese's are a bit similar like dirty bass said probably due 2 chris's hectic shedule but there are still a few corckers now an again,infectious yellow was quality i thought,cobalt was a bit diffrent but i thought it was an excellent tune an very accsesible,plus loads of oldies r v good like spunk an evil murk ect ect

Si the Sigh
17-03-2004, 01:39 PM
Don't you find it hard to remember which track is which, due to the colour scheme, and no names? It must be a nightmare to find the right one in a dark club, under UV light if you had a few in your box / bag! :lol:

dan the acid man
17-03-2004, 01:51 PM
like the new one but never been too keen on the releases on this label though

basslinejunkie
17-03-2004, 01:52 PM
would b a pain in the arse wouldnt it! :lol: im only a bedroom dj,so if im gonna play any of them or do a cd i just dig them out b4 hand so i dont have 2 fanny around tryin 2 find them ;)

basslinejunkie
17-03-2004, 01:54 PM
infectious yellow dan? is that 1 the lastest? i think it is unless theres a new 1 out.

Si the Sigh
17-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Penatration Pink is the latest one (due out next week I think?) by Chris, Darc Marc & Lenny Dee (again, I think!)

dan the acid man
17-03-2004, 01:59 PM
i havent been sent it yet, so going on memory its one that henry did with a mad filtered breakdown and big fat farty synth in it

Si the Sigh
17-03-2004, 02:00 PM
...Ah! Maximum Minimum Scarlet I think...

jonnyspeed
17-03-2004, 02:07 PM
MaxMin is a wicked label - that is sometimes on the MIN sides almost techhouse and the MAX slides are sooo funky! I think the only one I didn't buy was ANGRY RED by Guy and the only one I don't like that I have is CAMO 576.

As for colours, dunno all mine have barcode stickers staying which is which and they come out at a pace that it ain't hard to keep up - but I suppose it could be confusing if you buy the back catalogue and have 3 shades of green etc.

The latest is SCARLET 1807 by Henry.

top banana!

Numeric
17-03-2004, 05:01 PM
I've got quite a few Max Mins in the stock-pile, some have stuck in the box for a long time...

I picked up the latest Scarlet one, can't remember why though...

;)

anx
17-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Don't you find it hard to remember which track is which, due to the colour scheme, and no names? It must be a nightmare to find the right one in a dark club, under UV light if you had a few in your box / bag! :lol:

thats why you take a black marker and write the color down on the lable.

basslinejunkie
17-03-2004, 09:04 PM
The latest is SCARLET 1807 by Henry.

top banana!

ah rite i havent heard this 1 yet :shock:

jonnyspeed
17-03-2004, 09:49 PM
http://www.eukrecords.com/shop/product.asp?P_ID=301

or

http://www.bangingtunes.com/itemdetail_vinyl.asp?ItemID=MAXMINSCARLET

5 dollar + postage

basslinejunkie
19-03-2004, 08:47 PM
cheers 4 the link :lol: .ive checked it out an 1st impressions are a bit average,id like 2 get it home though 2 pass a more accurate judgement on it.

spiralx
19-03-2004, 10:48 PM
4x4x19 Funky is such a good tune :clap:

Si the Sigh
22-03-2004, 07:54 AM
Ok, I heard Chris Liberator drop a test press of Maximum Minimum Swarfiga (by Chris & Darc Marc) at the weekend and I have got to say its the best thing I have ever heard on Max Min! No idea when its out, but keep an eye out for it. Chris said the next 3 Max Mins that are being released are the strongest releases on the label to date in his opinion.

Numeric
22-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Ok, I heard Chris Liberator drop a test press of Maximum Minimum Swarfiga (by Chris & Darc Marc) at the weekend and I have got to say its the best thing I have ever heard on Max Min! No idea when its out, but keep an eye out for it. Chris said the next 3 Max Mins that are being released are the strongest releases on the label to date in his opinion.

That's interesting, i'll defiently check the new releases as they come...

basslinejunkie
22-03-2004, 04:56 PM

swarfiga,what f*ckin colour is that?!?!? :lol:

mek
24-03-2004, 03:30 AM
This is one of my fav labels no doubt! :clap:

Process Yellow introduced me to this label and I've been hooked ever since. Some favorites: Purple Ohm, Process Yellow, Process Black, Warm Red, and more recently: Sludge + Cobalt..

This label has seemed to be slow lately, its great to hear some stronger relases are on the way..

Si the Sigh
24-03-2004, 08:01 AM

swarfiga,what f*ckin colour is that?!?!? :lol:

...i think its a green coloured one! :lol: the tune its self had almost a hardtrance sounding bassline, hard to discribe really, but it fu*king went right off! :rambo:

jonnyspeed
24-03-2004, 10:37 AM
I love spunk

lol

Si the Sigh
24-03-2004, 10:40 AM
- No Comment - :lol:

Paul Zykotik
24-03-2004, 12:14 PM
I'll always give them a listen, but it's not often I'll buy them. Haven't heard any in ages - I remember when all the maximum sides seemed to use that whirring riff noise.

The two that really stick in my head are Process Black and the minimum side of Reflex Blue, I played that for months.

jimmy west
27-03-2004, 02:32 PM
a good label i think like you say some get a bit boring but they never use the same samples like some labels my favourites are black and green two top tracks that i still play now in my sets

Spooney
27-03-2004, 07:10 PM

Same here, its defo the best release ive heard on this label

Si the Sigh
29-03-2004, 07:40 AM
Hello Ben! PM me your address so I can send you that Freshgrind. ;)

duncandisorderly
29-03-2004, 10:10 AM
penetration pink is wicked ... definitely the best in a while.

278d7e64a374de26f==