PDA

View Full Version : deep tech track...

bryan sleiter
19-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Still a work in progress. May need some more edits.
Struggling to find the right ride cymbal.....

http://bossrecordings.us/audio_files/bryansleiter/pantone.mp3

http://bossrecordings.us/pantone.gif

dirty_bass
19-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Vey slick.
But a little unbalanced. I love this kinda stuff, and this is a good tune, but this is Big Rig music and the bass isn`t quite full enough to really rumble away under all your lovely ass shakin, shuffley percs.
Also the kick could be a little more solid.

Boof up the bass though, and this`ll have the prog crowd groovin up a storm. :clap: :clap: :clap:

bryan sleiter
20-03-2004, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the feedback!

I'll work on the low end.... I think my monitors are representing more bass than there actually is. I've noticed this on a few occasions.
I'll post another version in a day or two.

bryan sleiter
22-03-2004, 04:17 PM
ok,

I've done some eq work on the low end...
Any better?

pantone (http://bossrecordings.us/audio_files/bryansleiter/pantone.mp3)

Jimfish
22-03-2004, 04:24 PM
pull your monitors away from the wall a bit and get them well away from corners - i had this problem for a while..

id rather have average monitors well placed in a good room than expensive ones poorly set up or in a shite room...

Jimfish
22-03-2004, 04:25 PM
pull your monitors away from the wall a bit and get them well away from corners - i had this problem for a while..

id rather have average monitors well placed in a good room than expensive ones poorly set up or in a shite room...

bryan sleiter
22-03-2004, 04:29 PM
thanks, I'll try to move the desk into the middle of the room a bit more. I don't have that much space to work with though....

Dustin Zahn
22-03-2004, 05:55 PM
What up Bryan? I'm digging it. I agree with their input. I think it also has to deal with the monitors themselves. They're really hard to deal with when it comes to bass. Anyway, give me a shout...let's finish that track. :)

dirty_bass
23-03-2004, 02:24 AM
Hmm, stlll loving the track but really the difference is very subtle. That kick is very clicky and leaves a lot of room underneath it. That bass drone really needs to be bigger and louder to fill the space and to really get the rumble on the dancefloor.

bryan sleiter
23-03-2004, 02:50 AM
I'm coming to the conclusion that my monitors are not that great....or the room placement is misleading.
I'll have to go over to Dustin's place to figure this one out. :lol:

Thanks for the help!

dirty_bass
23-03-2004, 05:37 AM
Please post it when done, it`s a wicked slab of a tune.

Yeah monitors are a tricky thing, are they new?

bryan sleiter
23-03-2004, 01:24 PM
no they are not new... midiman studiophile cheap ass monitors. I don't have the best living and monitary situation for a larger setup.
mackie's someday.... ;)

The Overfiend
23-03-2004, 01:27 PM
no they are not new... midiman studiophile cheap ass monitors. I don't have the best living and monitary situation for a larger setup.
mackie's someday.... ;)

The real deal right there, I feel ya bro!

Sam_Horam
23-03-2004, 01:30 PM
I really like your tracks Bryan...

This one is no exception...great stuff.

bryan sleiter
23-03-2004, 01:38 PM
thanks for the kind words.

everyone here is so supportive.

278d7e64a374de26f==