WoRmEaTeR
19-03-2004, 09:32 PM
what a night, he played in dublin last nite and he was quite nasty! :twisted:
would love if the mix was online, it was very experimental. :lol: start of
the set was like aphex twin - all distorted! :eh: finished the nite with some
of the hardest basslines i've felt! :shock:

Daire
20-03-2004, 11:24 AM
Yea, fantastic night. The crowd were bleedin mental :lol: The gig was in a really small club, so the atmosphere was incredible, he tore the place up. Did you go Sunil, what ya think?

Boboagogo
20-03-2004, 11:40 AM
weve got him in shine 2nite with the youngsters live b4 him..theyve got a quad soundsystem put in aswell for it ..should b great :lol:

tioneb
20-03-2004, 03:14 PM
would be glad to get feedback from this nite ...

massplanck
21-03-2004, 03:14 PM

BPitch head honcho Ellen Alien was on for a couple of hours before Speedy J and didnt let herself down at all. Lots of everything thrown in glitch/electro/techno/bavarian midget trance etc.

Speedy J was always going to find it hard to please 'everyone' in EC because of well thefact that half the crowd (older heads) were expecting(hoping) for a Shocking Hobby type workout whilst the young whippersnappers KNEW he was going to lash out Kreck etc for the two hours. He did start with alot of delay/reverb doodling and 'Actor Nine' from the aforementioned album and but then he...er... you know.. :lol:

Savage night. Sore ****ing Ears Though.

Lisa Lavish
21-03-2004, 04:49 PM
speedy j was fantastic on thursday...really enjoyed his set!!fairly banging&mental stuff! :clap: another fantastic night provided by electric city!!love small clubs over big clubs because the atmosphere in a big club is non existent in comparison imo to smaller 1's!crowd were certaintly loving it neway :twisted: Ellen allien&simon got the nite off to a gud start!!Gud to see a lady on the decks!!

Sunil
21-03-2004, 06:53 PM

BPitch head honcho Ellen Alien was on for a couple of hours before Speedy J and didnt let herself down at all. Lots of everything thrown in glitch/electro/techno/bavarian midget trance etc.

Speedy J was always going to find it hard to please 'everyone' in EC because of well thefact that half the crowd (older heads) were expecting(hoping) for a Shocking Hobby type workout whilst the young whippersnappers KNEW he was going to lash out Kreck etc for the two hours. He did start with alot of delay/reverb doodling and 'Actor Nine' from the aforementioned album and but then he...er... you know.. :lol:

Savage night. Sore **** Ears Though.

the problem with some of the older, more learned heads is that once they sense a solid banging 4/4 they turn off, I saw many people like this leave the dancefloor quite soon after he started to bait it which to be honest was a good thing as it was sardine city on the dancefloor. I would have liked to have heard a more diverse set and going by the sound check and what he was was saying before the gig it seemed that he would play more 'different' stuff. His set was brilliant though, worked the crowd very well and hit you kickdrums out of nowhere that were literally like a hammer to the head :rambo: Didn't catch much of Ellen's set or Simon but the place was in near full flow after roughly 45 minutes of opening I'd say. A top night all in all, and a great birthday party :clap:

tioneb
21-03-2004, 09:49 PM
oh by the wayim sure you got this CD mixed by simon ... i really like it

Sunil
21-03-2004, 10:16 PM
oh by the wayim sure you got this CD mixed by simon ... i really like it

yeah, it's very nice.. Simon is a huge Italo fan, it's funny because he plays stuff like this down at the club sometimes and people rush up to ask what a certain tune is not knowing that it's 20 years old!

loko
22-03-2004, 09:52 AM
were is electric city?

DJPAUZE
22-03-2004, 03:17 PM
Speedy J is by far the best live PA i have seen. He played in Toronto not too long ago and I'll tell you it was the most professional performance I have seen. This guy knows his gear like the back of his tooshy I tell ya!
In terms of his live sets, I have heard that you can't record him for the fact that he plays ALOT of unreleased material that he doesnt want the public getting there hands on.

Too bad....
Pauze :twisted:

anx
22-03-2004, 05:26 PM
i've heard a few of his older live sets but nothing new :( i'd love to hear him live one day

and lisa you stole my avatar!!

Lisa Lavish
22-03-2004, 11:27 PM
were is electric city?

Dublin,in the Metropolitan

Lisa Lavish
22-03-2004, 11:28 PM
i've heard a few of his older live sets but nothing new :( i'd love to hear him live one day

and lisa you stole my avatar!!

oi oi oi :nono: I adopted him!!

Lisa Lavish
22-03-2004, 11:30 PM
ah sure theres plenty of him 2 go around :lol:

anx
23-03-2004, 12:43 AM
look at him go! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!111!!!!!one!!1

massplanck
23-03-2004, 01:34 AM
look at him go! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!111!!!!!one!!1

Does Timmy want a mars bar?!!

Daire
23-03-2004, 09:38 AM
:lol:

loko
23-03-2004, 10:14 AM
does electric city be on on a saturday night?
ive really neglected my clubbing in dublin over the last year as i HAD to take a break!!!!!!jus tryin to discover my clubbing gene again!metripolitan was in there before not a bad spot!fairly trendy alrite but its like a bar and shit or is there somewhere upstairs or wah?some good small venues these days which is so refreshing form the big "dance halls" LOL!

loko
23-03-2004, 10:29 AM
also.....ive been to the legal eagle which is a quality house nite and bodkins is pretty cool aswell. weres superconductor?????i havent a clue of anywhere to go these days in dublin!!!!

Lisa Lavish
23-03-2004, 02:33 PM
Electric city is only on a thurs nite&I think because of this they have real cheap admission prices as think the djs wud b more expensive to bring over at the weekend...the vaults are startin a new techno night starting this week with Mr.C,loads of stuff happening in dublin at the mo :clap:

loko
23-03-2004, 04:33 PM
is tha the vaults in connolly station?i didnt think they would put anythin like that on!is there anythin technoish in the town on a wednesday nite?name as many as you can......like is the voodoo lounge any good on a wednesday metropolitan, viva etc.!there was drum n bass nit e on there one thursday nite!as many as u can lisa!

Lisa Lavish
23-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Dont know wats goin on in the voo doo lounge on a wed,wed nite is the 1 nite id call quite dead techno wise bar digital disco in viva which has funky techno but its more a house nite afaik,sometimes there stuff on the metropolitan on a wed but dnt think its every week? :?: ,theres techno nites in viva(technosis)&the hub(cult of genius)on tuesdays,Thursday is electric city,friday you have D1 in traffic(rob hood this week),the vaults&electro in bodkins afaik,shiver in the metropolitan&theres stuff on in the shelter 2 but not every friday,think its once month,so much on I cant keep up wit the exact info on the nites,sat theres bodkins again,shelter sometimes....ehh yeh!! lol u get the main jist neways.Oh theres bassbin(drum&bass)in the metropolitan on a sat,Im sure ive left out stuff but thats all i can think of now.

loko
24-03-2004, 10:02 AM
yeah was at traffic on a thursady nite before thought it was well sh1t!just no crowd but the music was grand for midweek!lil bit of house nothin too frantic!yeah i gets zee picture now lisa!
you been down to the 12ten at the legal eagle before!tis fairly cool. theyve a guy playin the saxaphone live and all!groovey ould nite...last week was lil quiet but the tunes were a lil tougher/tech/deeper than normal house!still good!

Sunil
24-03-2004, 11:05 AM
yeah was at traffic on a thursady nite before thought it was well sh1t!just no crowd but the music was grand for midweek!lil bit of house nothin too frantic!yeah i gets zee picture now lisa!
you been down to the 12ten at the legal eagle before!tis fairly cool. theyve a guy playin the saxaphone live and all!groovey ould nite...last week was lil quiet but the tunes were a lil tougher/tech/deeper than normal house!still good!

ah here, this thread is about Speedy J, not about some guy playing the saxaphone at a house night :lol:

Lisa Lavish
24-03-2004, 10:53 PM

No I have never been the leagle eagle myself,friend of mine plays down there al keegan?heard its good crack but Im not a fan of funky house at all..Keep meaning to go in but theres always a techno gig every week so never make it...ah well lol

Lisa Lavish
24-03-2004, 10:54 PM

ah here, this thread is about Speedy J, not about some guy playing the saxaphone at a house night :lol:

you heard the man :nono: :lol: :lol: ;)

loko
26-03-2004, 12:38 AM
remind me not to bother gettin anymore of my choons of ya sunil in spindizzy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!!oni messin!alrite alrite i am aware its a thread for speedy j.......i jus saw the thread wondered were the hell he was playin, found out he had already played and decided that because ive neglected my clubbing in dublin over the last year i decided to ask around where the hell i should go in future to get djs SUCH AS speedy j!apologies for gettin sidetracked! ;) but seriously like.......chillax there!

slavestudios
26-03-2004, 04:27 AM
seen the dublin gig. ****in killer

went to the the belfast gigt at Shine. ace

seen him twice before in the last 2 yeasr in belfast. unbelievable

so, 4 times ive seen him & every gig is a marvel to behold. the best live act in the world of techno.

the man is an inspirtaion. all this 'he didnt do the old stuff' gabble. it doesnt matter what he does. its flawless.

i'm glad hes moved on. unlike so many acts that get an idea & do it to death for 15 years... Speedy J has constantly evolved & when he does go back, he does so from a new angle. genius

Sunil
26-03-2004, 03:02 PM
remind me not to bother gettin anymore of my choons of ya sunil in spindizzy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!!oni messin!alrite alrite i am aware its a thread for speedy j.......i jus saw the thread wondered were the hell he was playin, found out he had already played and decided that because ive neglected my clubbing in dublin over the last year i decided to ask around where the hell i should go in future to get djs SUCH AS speedy j!apologies for gettin sidetracked! ;) but seriously like.......chillax there!

hey there was no problem at all man, just thought it was time to draw the line ;)

loko
26-03-2004, 04:49 PM
the line____________________________has been drawn! ;)

any links to speedy j mixes?
ill be in spindizzy in a couple of weeks and you will be able to put a face to my name. you already would know me form comin in anyway!

some more lines_______________________________emjoy the line my friend! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :shock:

Lisa Lavish
28-03-2004, 05:31 PM
2 mixes from him there along with many others

http://www.lekkerlui.nl/LandDownUnder/plug.php?p=downloads

Bughead
29-03-2004, 02:05 AM
Speedy J is a fine example of an artist evolving his sound over the years

loko
29-03-2004, 09:22 AM
some excellent mixes there or wah!bloody brilliant chris liebing and the speedy j one at i love techno!!!!!hmmmmmm......................Chocolate mousse :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

stefano1981
29-03-2004, 11:02 AM
Lol @ Sunil the Enforcer. [;)]

278d7e64a374de26f==