PDA

View Full Version : Mastering

Louk
20-03-2004, 10:44 AM
What software/plugins would you recommend for me to master my tunes once i've exported a wave file from cubase, ie compression + limiting and maximising etc :)

seen this happen last weekend with my friends software (think it was t-racks) and i was blown away

Louk

Barely Human
20-03-2004, 12:48 PM
It deppends what you are going to do with the track. If you are going to get it pressed, then leave it alone, they will do all the mastering there. If your just wanting to play it out on cd, then T-Racks is good, and most of the waves plugins do the job.

Louk
20-03-2004, 02:39 PM
ideally making my tracks get signed mate if thats any help :)

Louk

EmotionComplex
20-03-2004, 10:05 PM
if there getting signed then itll be down to what the person mastering would prefer really, a coupel of producers ive spoken to hav told me they dont compress anything now as requested by the person mastering it but i dont know.

i have found the waves plug ins to be the best, ultramaximisation on the master seems like it might be a good idea but then again i dont really know enough about the requirements for vinyl mastering.

jon the baptist would be a good person to advise on this i think

baptismo
21-03-2004, 11:20 AM
It deppends what you are going to do with the track. If you are going to get it pressed, then leave it alone, they will do all the mastering there. If your just wanting to play it out on cd, then T-Racks is good, and most of the waves plugins do the job.

I'd say IQ got it pretty much spot on.... If i was mastering one of my tracks to play out i'd have a play with the waves L2 and C4, but i tend to leave it as unmastered as possible if its to be pressed...

278d7e64a374de26f==