PDA

View Full Version : European Techno Heaven

daviec
15-11-2002, 09:39 PM
Although not strictly underground (m8 are running it)...

European Techno Heaven / 30th November

Barrowlands Glasgow

DJ Mishjah

Chris Liberator

Horrorist (PA)

Gabry Fassano plus others

Original line up was way better but as if with most things that look to good to be true it was... (too good to be true that is)

So there's now no Mark EG, and no Marco Zaffarano

Pity, but it's still an OK line up.

stage.vitaminic.co.uk/daviec

daviec
02-12-2002, 08:51 PM
What a cracking night that was!

It was pretty slow to fill up but that was due to the early start (8pm).

Quite an odd crowd as well, but I'm lead to believe that's more to do with the venue than the music. The barras is an old music hall, and it's really showing it's age.

Gabry Fasano was good, but unfortunately the crowd was still pretty sparse at this point.

And what can I say about Chris Liberator!!! Quality. Banged it out relentlesly from start to finish. Had the place absolutley rocking. Great tunes and I was going mental when I heard him bring in Drummer & Jeromes' Streamliner. What a bassline!!

Then Dyewitness. I've got to say I wasn't really bothered about seeing them or not. I used to jump about to them at Hangar 13 years ago, but that was then...

How wrong was I. Battle For Your Mind started the set, and they moved onto Brrr. Amazing how well they fitted into a techno night. Pity they felt the need to play Masterplan. By the time they played "The Future" the place was erupting, and MC Cyclone still rocks it like he did back in the day. Really knows how to work a crowd.

Mishjah played on after that and his techno went down really well and built things up nicely for Horrorist.

They were rock hard and more proffesional than I imagined. Worked the crowd into a frenzy, and it was only after that it became obvious how restricting the 2am finish was. Every one was still really up for it, so there must have been a few mad parties going on afterwards (Like the one I was at!)

A quality night, and by the sounds of it M8 are up for doing it again. Hopefully not in the barras though!

278d7e64a374de26f==