PDA

View Full Version : what a buzz!

Tiptoe
20-03-2004, 02:34 PM
i no this might make some of you laugh but went to my mates night tecfresh last night and gatinio pariso didn't turn up so i asked spencer the guy who runs it if i could play the last hour jokingly and he said you can play the last bit of my set. Well i only played for 20 mins and it was the 1st time i had in a club and a lot of people i know were there and i think i did quite well cos i got everybody going and after people werec oming up saying i banged it out and what a buzz it is isn'tit eh. Had people coming up who i don't even know saying how well i did. Hope i get to do it more often now have still got a smile on my face now. :lol:

Orange
21-03-2004, 05:11 AM
awesome. nice ****ing one. sometimes the world just opens up and lets you in. i think your destined to play again. don't you think so? yeah. just remember how you did it. :clap:

MARKEG
21-03-2004, 06:38 AM
djing is full of amazing feelings that you just can't explain. i think you just had one of them :)

Tiptoe
21-03-2004, 10:13 AM
must admit i was bricking it my hand was shaking but got the 1st mix in and as soon as i banged it in was ok. was nervous too cos as you know mark the paradise hasn't got the best set up in the front room has it and the needle started skipping just before i went on and we had to tape a pound coin on top :cry:

killarava2day
21-03-2004, 11:16 AM
A skiping needle puts the fear of god into me. I get fixed on the fact that the needle could skip any second which completely erodes any competence and renders me a nervous wreck. Sounds like to handled yourself pretty well man!

eyes without a face
21-03-2004, 11:43 AM
well in joe lad

Mark's right, you'l get this feeling alot more the more gigs u do and the bigger/better u get. I remember when i played my first gig in Wales and to be honest it wasnt the best of gigs, i had to have my set cut short but i was on last and banged it out. I didnt feel that happy that night at all, then a couple of weeks later i played a fairly big night in Liverpool, they had Technasia headline the month before and this month is was Me and my dj partner Brendan Long. The club was extremely busy and after suffering 2 really iffy djs before us we got on and rocked it totally, and i got that first buzz u get when the whole crowd is going mad to what ur playing, and it was a class night! we got some decent publicity through it and we got asked back, so that buzz just got better!

well in again Joe lad, sounds like u did the biz!

Stella Boy
21-03-2004, 11:54 AM
Good on ya mate, well done. Spencer, the promotor, must have had alot of faith in you to put you on. You wanna get some CD's burnt and send them to other club nights, you never know.

DJZeMig_L
21-03-2004, 11:59 AM
yeah but don't u jus* fuc*ing hate the comedown!! :( I literally don't get out as much now 'cause I get the shakes everytime I say some decks, Mixer, PA and people .... I just can take the need 2 play it's fuc*ing ridiculous!!!

U R Hooked!! ;)

Z

Stella Boy
21-03-2004, 01:15 PM
I've been playing in clubs now for about 8 years and I still get nervous before a gig. I guess I'd begin to ask questions of myself if I ever started to lose the nerves. It shows you take pride in the work you do.

Sam_Horam
21-03-2004, 03:44 PM
i no this might make some of you laugh but went to my mates night tecfresh last night and gatinio pariso didn't turn up so i asked spencer the guy who runs it if i could play the last hour jokingly and he said you can play the last bit of my set. Well i only played for 20 mins and it was the 1st time i had in a club and a lot of people i know were there and i think i did quite well cos i got everybody going and after people werec oming up saying i banged it out and what a buzz it is isn'tit eh. Had people coming up who i don't even know saying how well i did. Hope i get to do it more often now have still got a smile on my face now. :lol:

Spenner's a top bloke...good on him...

Respect to the both of you.

Clarkus
22-03-2004, 10:01 PM
must admit i was bricking it my hand was shaking but got the 1st mix in and as soon as i banged it in was ok.

I still get nervous mate. Especially when everybody before me has been absolutely spot on. At the weekend there had a really good nite, but at the start of my set i could bearly get the needle to sit on the record my hands were shakin that much. But as u say, when everybody starts enjoying the tunes, that all disapears........bloody great :dance:

Si the Sigh
23-03-2004, 01:37 PM
Nice one Tiptoe! :clap: I played my first set last Friday & was proper shitting it! But I got into it and seriously enjoyed it. I hope I can get the chance to play again, and I hope you get to play again to!

plincit
23-03-2004, 05:44 PM
i think your destined to play again. don't you think so? yeah. just remember how you did it. :clap:

ha ha, nice timing.
tiptoe's warming up for darkside's mayday party.
don't let us down mate and just to be sure you don't, we'll all be glaring at you while you get that first mix in.

it's 6pm-2am bank holiday monday 3rd may.
rue east live, chris finke, jorge, tony & tiptoe's first ever full set in a club.
should be a nice start to the working week for some of us and a nerve crushing experience for others :lol:

Tiptoe
23-03-2004, 06:41 PM
cheers for the support guys much appreciated. Was that excited when paul told me yesterday that i got nearly all my tunes out which if you ask paul is quite a large amount considering the amount he makes me buy off him each week! And listened to em all and picked out what i think am going to play can't wait.

Sam_Horam
23-03-2004, 09:57 PM
cheers for the support guys much appreciated. Was that excited when paul told me yesterday that i got nearly all my tunes out which if you ask paul is quite a large amount considering the amount he makes me buy off him each week! And listened to em all and picked out what i think am going to play can't wait.

Easy mate,

Nice one, look forward to seeing you at darkside...

Stella Boy
23-03-2004, 10:02 PM

Man, wish I could do that but don't have the decks or my tunes at home anymore. Only get to practice twice a month maximum. :cry:

Col
23-03-2004, 10:08 PM

nice story, well done.

Tiptoe
24-03-2004, 06:09 PM
your banging though tony so you only need to practice twice a month :lol: Sam your on next aren't you mate i will make sure i say hello to you

Sam_Horam
24-03-2004, 06:38 PM
your banging though tony so you only need to practice twice a month :lol: Sam your on next aren't you mate i will make sure i say hello to you

Nice one mate, see you down there...

tioneb
24-03-2004, 06:47 PM
yeah funny, i remember in the same way diego telling me to play a record or two in a totally full rex club in paris because he needed to go to piss ahhahaha

278d7e64a374de26f==