PDA

View Full Version : Soundcard mixer trouble

EmotionComplex
21-03-2004, 05:15 AM
ok this is giving me a bit of a headache, ive decided as im mainly using one synth now to take my hardware mixer out of the chain and directly source my virus into my soundcard (audiophile)....however with the soundcards mixer settings i can only have either the source from the synth playing or the source from my pc, i understand that the duplex driver would solve this (although i might be wrong) but i cant initiate the duplex driver in cubase, i had worked out what i "thought" would be a solution to this and send an output from the virus's second output into the mixer so i could monitor the synths signal that way whilst still keeping the main virus out directly into my pc but the second virus out seems to reset its self each time to change the patch so you have to select to activate it again , plus there appears to be no effects processing support for the second out (i cant hear what the effects are doing)

perhaps im overlooking something but its 5 in the morning :neutral:

dear jim'll can you fix it for me :eh:

Barely Human
21-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Well.....

you confused me :lol:

baptismo
21-03-2004, 11:27 AM
ok this is giving me a bit of a headache, ive decided as im mainly using one synth now to take my hardware mixer out of the chain and directly source my virus into my soundcard (audiophile)....however with the soundcards mixer settings i can only have either the source from the synth playing or the source from my pc, i understand that the duplex driver would solve this (although i might be wrong) but i cant initiate the duplex driver in cubase, i had worked out what i "thought" would be a solution to this and send an output from the virus's second output into the mixer so i could monitor the synths signal that way whilst still keeping the main virus out directly into my pc but the second virus out seems to reset its self each time to change the patch so you have to select to activate it again , plus there appears to be no effects processing support for the second out (i cant hear what the effects are doing)

perhaps im overlooking something but its 5 in the morning :neutral:

dear jim'll can you fix it for me :eh:

What sound card are u using again mate? Ill give you a shout on msn, i had some similar problems when i first routed my synths through the sound card :)

EmotionComplex
21-03-2004, 06:03 PM
cool nice one, its an m-audio audiophile card, cubase shows my duplex driver but when i try to use it it comes up with an error message :eh:

ill catch you on msn later anyway :)

RichieV
21-03-2004, 08:12 PM
make sure that the first column of settings is on monitor

278d7e64a374de26f==