PDA

View Full Version : sound card mixer trouble

EmotionComplex
21-03-2004, 05:17 AM
ok this is giving me a bit of a headache, ive decided as im mainly using one synth now to take my hardware mixer out of the chain and directly source my virus into my soundcard (audiophile) ....however with the soundcards mixer settings i can only have either the source from the synth playing or the source from my pc, i understand that the duplex driver would solve this (although i might be wrong) but i cant initiate the duplex driver in cubase, i had worked out what i "thought" would be a solution to this and send an output from the virus's second output into the mixer so i could monitor the synths signal that way whilst still keeping the main virus out directly into my pc but the second virus out seems to reset its self each time to change the patch so you have to select to activate it again , plus there appears to be no effects processing support for the second out (i cant hear what the effects are doing)

perhaps im overlooking something but its 5 in the morning :neutral:

dear jim'll can you fix it for me :eh:

EmotionComplex
21-03-2004, 07:02 AM
sorry, this is really a hardware problem not a production question :oops:

DJZeMig_L
21-03-2004, 11:56 AM
for simplicity I would rather take the out from the soundcard, run it thru the Inputs of the virus and connect the virus outputs 2 the amp/ moni. ... this way u can take advantage of the efx and filters in the virus 2 process the PC's master Out ...

Try 2 get an asio driver 4 yer soundcard that supports duplex, then u can work another way... (u might need 2 activate the input on yer sound card but also in cubase, and the press the monitor icon on the input track!!

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==