PDA

View Full Version : TRIBAL CANCELLED !!

Stella Boy
21-03-2004, 09:23 PM
Anyone actually bothered about the Tribal Warehouse Party on May Bank Holiday party being cancelled ?. Read on another site that Ahex Twin was the surprise act.

Stella Boy
21-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Due to circumstances beyond our control, we must announce that the May 1st Tribal Gathering Warehouse Party is now not going to take place. While preparations for the event have been going well, certain factors now make this party completely impossible.

When we found the venue for May 1st, we thought that it would be able to be granted a licence for the same number of people as last years warehouse party (10,000 people). This was not the case, and the provisional licence came back from the relevant authorities as only being licensed for 7,000 people. The authorities were totally supportive of the event and we appreciate it, but it was not meant to be. Safety has to come first and the warehouse could simply not have enough exits installed to meet the required 10,000 capacity to make this event happen... Now we can see why we were the first people to put on a warehouse party last year for the first time in over ten years! Even if the event were to completely sell out, as it almost certainly would have done, a huge amount of money would be lost.

We are of course very aware that this will come as a disappointment to everyone who has already gone out and bought tickets for the event, and also to everyone who was involved in putting this event together. We hope you realise that if there was any way for us to move forward with May 1st, we would do so. We could have looked at cutting down the line-up and production to save some money, but then this would have resulted in a reduction of everyone's enjoyment, and that is not what we are about.

It is Sankeys 10th anniversary this year, and we want to make it really special. Sankeys is going to get some undivided attention - we're going to make sure that we pull out all the stops!

Watch this space for details about future Tribal Gathering events. We will, of course be returning with some mouth watering parties in the very near future!

we'll see you all soon...

Tribal Gathering

Esox Lucius
21-03-2004, 09:28 PM
certainly not bothered, the last warehouse party was dire and so badly organised, garnier's set was the only good thing about it, it was that packed there was no way you could even get in to see mills & lfo...I dont like the whole tribal thing tbh, they are all up their own arse far too much, and its defo about the £ rather than the music with them.

Stella Boy
21-03-2004, 09:39 PM
Fully agree with you. They've turned the name of TG into a corporate money making scheme followed by like minded punters.
I went to one of the original TG's in about '97/'98 when I saw Mills play the best ****ing set of my life. That set will stay with me til the day I die. I actually went down to see Kraftwerk but couldn't get near the tent it was so packed :cry:

Esox Lucius
21-03-2004, 09:42 PM
They've turned the name of TG into a corporate money making scheme followed by like minded punters.

indeed!

MARKEG
21-03-2004, 10:26 PM
let me move this to the techno events forum ;)

jock
22-03-2004, 08:12 AM
Aphex Twin wasnt the live act, He isnt touring just now and so isnt going to have been playing, apparently it was Roni Size.

I thought the last one was so poorly organised and so wank that i think its funny that this one is cancelled. As for their reasons, i think there is another story somewhere.

I dont care, going to split anyway!!!! :lol:

schlongfingers
22-03-2004, 09:23 PM
Now we can see why we were the first people to put on a warehouse party last year for the first time in over ten years!

:lol: bollocks

Sunil
22-03-2004, 09:36 PM
warehouse paries should be illegal, not legal. Tribal Gathering stinks, their whole PR stunk of shit when they got this warehouse party thing into their heads.. it's Homelands or Creamfields dressed up as something its not.

Numeric
23-03-2004, 09:01 AM
I thought the last warehouse party in Manchester wasn't too bad. I went along without any preconceptions or high expectations as i'd never experienced a rave on that scale before. OK, the lavs and water situation was a bit of a shambles, not to mention the bar token scheme, but on the whole i rather enjoyed the night. It must have been better than Creamfields are f**ks sake...

278d7e64a374de26f==