PDA

View Full Version : fl studio or recycle...which is right for me?

SlavikSvensk
22-03-2004, 01:11 PM
i'm running cubase sl and reason (with absynth, fm7 and other plugins). i'm not crazy about the loop editing in cubase, and figure i could use one of these to deal with that.

i know fl studio can be a vst host and sequencer/audio arranger, but recycle is simply a loop editor.

considering what i already have, which do people recommend? and why?

eyes without a face
26-03-2004, 09:56 PM
i have all the programs uve mentioned mate and i personally plump for FlStudio all the time. I know in alot of peoples eyes its a toy instead of a serious music production program, but i beg to differ. Its one of the most versatile programs ive come across! you really can do alot with it and i make all my tracks with it, sometimes i use Cubase but i dont feel confident enought wiht it yet to fully discard FlStudio. I know FlStudio inside out as i use it everyday for a good few hours, and im able to get the ideas in my head down nice and quick and then i take it from there.

For loop editing id probably use Soundforge tho and then simply import the loops back into FlStudio

mux
02-04-2004, 10:18 PM
I'm not much for looping audio, and usually work in Logic...

I've heard a lot of good things about the Soundforge/ReCycle combo. Soundforge doesn't have very many tools specifically for adjusting the "groove" of a loop (sure, it *can* do it, but you have to know exactly how first). I would suggest maybe using Soundforge to master and EQ your loops first, get them sounding the way you want, then throw them into ReCycle for editing the groove, shuffling bits around, etc.

I've only used an older version of FL, but I don't remember there being many tools for audio loop editing. I'm very likely wrong though.

FILTERZ
17-05-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm not much for looping audio, and usually work in Logic...

I've heard a lot of good things about the Soundforge/ReCycle combo. Soundforge doesn't have very many tools specifically for adjusting the "groove" of a loop (sure, it *can* do it, but you have to know exactly how first). I would suggest maybe using Soundforge to master and EQ your loops first, get them sounding the way you want, then throw them into ReCycle for editing the groove, shuffling bits around, etc.

I've only used an older version of FL, but I don't remember there being many tools for audio loop editing. I'm very likely wrong though.

sounds about right i reckon :clap:

el_satan666
17-05-2004, 03:20 PM

FLStudio, AFAIK, has some nice new "live" looping facilities. I haven't used Recycle-thing, so I'd be a bit biased. Best bet would be take a weekend off, get the trial versions, and experiment!

jake
29-05-2004, 09:53 AM
reason + recycle is the ultimate loop manipulation tool for me.. you can make rex loops in recycle and then open up the individual hits in the redrum and go nuts on it! :) i dont really know about fruitys..

sash
17-06-2004, 12:53 AM
i was talkin to DAVE the Drummer once just b4 he played his set. I asked him about programs like FL Studio, and he said a few of the tracks he was gonna play tonight were made with FL Studio.
Every track he played that night sounded awesome. I couldn't spot the FL Studio tracks.... :roll:

278d7e64a374de26f==