PDA

View Full Version : lekebusch, kaun trax, and cari's revenge...

drift9
24-03-2004, 07:10 AM
don't know if anyone has felt the same way, but i've been very impressed by cari's last two releases on his new label, kaun trax.

i kind of lost track of the guy for the last two years or so--used to love him back in the day and then kind of lost touch with where he was going--but his last two kaun trax records have been quiet good.

i guess i've sort of lost sight of oldschool sweden with mr. skoog and the rest of the Headroom gang running around...

is old school sweden coming back? (paging mr. beyer...)

Sunil
24-03-2004, 11:21 AM
don't know if anyone has felt the same way, but i've been very impressed by cari's last two releases on his new label, kaun trax.

i kind of lost track of the guy for the last two years or so--used to love him back in the day and then kind of lost touch with where he was going--but his last two kaun trax records have been quiet good.

i guess i've sort of lost sight of oldschool sweden with mr. skoog and the rest of the Headroom gang running around...

is old school sweden coming back? (paging mr. beyer...)

Yeah I have the first one, really liked it too... very nice rolling looped tracks but with the odd vocal thrown in here and there, good record. I don't know what the story is with Beyer, I think there is stuff waiting to be released but that they are getting their distribution stuff tied down properly first before releasing it. I think the days of hard as nails Adam Beyer have passed but either way I'm always interested to hear what he does...

Stella Boy
24-03-2004, 08:24 PM
His latest is quality. Back on form :rambo:

SlavikSvensk
06-04-2004, 03:59 AM
adam is definately back...swedish steel really grows on you. and ignition key was awesome.

and cari's electro records are slammin', especially with all this aptly named electrotrash clutter everywhere...

The Overfiend
06-04-2004, 04:51 AM
Adam never lost it. It's just when you reach a certain level of noteriety you are allowed creative freedom. I'm sure he has plenty of unreleased goodies floating around his studio. Cari as well can you imagine how many albums of hype shit these guys have just laying around?

SlavikSvensk
06-04-2004, 06:15 AM
i love cari's stuff 96-99...in fact he is my favorite producer from that period, but then the direction he took on his more recent H productions records isn't my style...

...i love the two kaun records though, and am really, really interested to hear what his upcoming album on truesoul is going to sound like...i have this feeling it's going to be groundbreaking.

Dustin Zahn
06-04-2004, 05:34 PM
...i love the two kaun records though, and am really, really interested to hear what his upcoming album on truesoul is going to sound like...i have this feeling it's going to be groundbreaking.

Well, you're in for quite a shock. Fans of his heavy as nails Kaun tracks probably won't enjoy his truesoul album unless you like really floaty electrohouse and dub influences. I have a copy of his new Truesoul album and think its a great listen (one of my favorite works of his) but I think Cari fans are all in for a true shock. A lot of the material clocks in around 111bpm and it's real groovy. Something to listen to in the car on the way home from the club. My only complaint is the 4 or 5 tracks with MC's (not my bag).

heavy beats
06-04-2004, 05:36 PM
his kaun tracks are slammin'

The Overfiend
06-04-2004, 05:45 PM

Well, you're in for quite a shock. Fans of his heavy as nails Kaun tracks probably won't enjoy his truesoul album unless you like really floaty electrohouse and dub influences. I have a copy of his new Truesoul album and think its a great listen (one of my favorite works of his) but I think Cari fans are all in for a true shock. A lot of the material clocks in around 111bpm and it's real groovy. Something to listen to in the car on the way home from the club. My only complaint is the 4 or 5 tracks with MC's (not my bag).

He himself raps so it could be him.

heavy beats
06-04-2004, 05:47 PM
if i remembered correcty, it was a couple of different mc's so I really doubt it was him. unless he goes by 10 other alias.

The Overfiend
06-04-2004, 05:52 PM
most producers do ;)

heavy beats
06-04-2004, 05:56 PM
btw, the new truesoul by cirez d w/ beyer and mull rmx is hot.

Dustin Zahn
06-04-2004, 06:27 PM
I can't wait to hear it. I have high hopes. And that I know of, Cari doesn't bust out his MC skills on the CD...but there is heavy vocoder action so I wouldn't doubt if he squeezed something in there somehow!

I spoke to Cari a while ago and the first thing he says is "Hey, you're from the states. Have you heard of this MC named (I forget what he said)?"

Haha. Can't deny Cari's b-boys roots.

The Overfiend
06-04-2004, 06:34 PM
too true I interviewed him at a tronic treatment party in nyc and the whole convo wound up being about graffiti, go figure.

drift9
06-04-2004, 07:00 PM
I'm actually really looking forward to picking up the truesoul album. i have to say that i love how unpredicatable and sometimes off-the-wall cari can be. For those who have heard it, i'm curious, are the MCs swedish speaking, english speaking?

Dustin Zahn
06-04-2004, 07:46 PM
engrish.
I think there is a link to his album website with some samples somewhere on the truesoul web page.

SlavikSvensk
06-04-2004, 10:52 PM

i just heard the album on his website. one of the tracks is r&b! but if you ask me, that's great. i loved his mr. barth stuff on plumphouse and svek back in the day, and think this guy is one of the most versatile and enigmatic producers around. i also love how there are so many styles on the truesoul album, yet the vocabulary he uses is so uniquely cari. i bet a LOT of people on this board are going to hate it though...

Dustin Zahn
06-04-2004, 11:10 PM
i bet a LOT of people on this board are going to hate it though...

That's an understatement. It's not 140+bpm, doesn't have the Heroes sound, and doesn't say BMB on it...so why bother even listening?

Sunil
06-04-2004, 11:14 PM

That's an understatement. It's not 140+bpm, doesn't have the Heroes sound, and doesn't say BMB on it...so why bother even listening?

So Lekebusch's album isn't banging then? ****in idiot :nono: :lol:

The Overfiend
07-04-2004, 03:18 AM

So Lekebusch's album isn't banging then? **** idiot :nono: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You mean music under 140 is interesting?

drift9
07-04-2004, 03:19 AM
Even though it's not "pounding techno," i'd like to think that people will appreciate the versatility and wide scope a pro like cari brings to the table. quality techno is quality techno.

It's always been my opinion that there can be dancefloor techno and techno to just sit down to and listen to by yourself, with friends, etc. I feel that's actually techno's greatest strength, it can be straight up listening music or straight up dancefloor and everything in between. And i think cari is one of the best artists out there who captures both extremes of the genre with equal skills on both sides of the spectrum.

(granted, haven't heard the truesoul album yet, just assuming he didn't drop the ball here--seeing as he rarely does...)

Methodixxx
07-04-2004, 04:23 AM
I've heard the next Truesoul release (Cari and Jesper) and its pretty damn quality... it's got vocals (almost sounds like a cross between bono and sting.. hehe) but they add rather from detract from the overall tune imo... great funkin' electo-y bassline and bleeps... cool tune, a little cheesey almost, but cool ;) The B side see's a more percussion based ploddy techno remix thats not too shabby and an atmospheric broken beat remix for your 'at home' listening...

SlavikSvensk
07-04-2004, 04:25 AM
there was plenty of singing on the last mr. barth album, and that was awesome, so i'm not sure why anyone should be surprised or dismayed.

278d7e64a374de26f==