PDA

View Full Version : can you dj? you must like dave clarke then

Esox Lucius
24-03-2004, 12:11 PM
:lol:

http://www.buggedout.net/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?s=100d62afc5f424427d37ec06da621623;a ct=ST;f=3;t=47

according to one guy on this thread if you dont like dave clarke it means you cant dj :lol:

duncandisorderly
24-03-2004, 12:38 PM
fair enough. :shock:

basslinejunkie
24-03-2004, 12:43 PM
just another 1 of the sheep talkin cods*it.appriceate his use of fx?? IT SOUNDS AWFUL AND SPOILS THE TUNES!!!

Small Paul
24-03-2004, 12:44 PM
Hahahahahahaaaa! This is one funny thread. Everyone's entitiled to their opinion though.

gumpy green
24-03-2004, 12:48 PM
answer------1.yes i can dj.. (IMO way better than clarke)
2. No i dont like dave clarke.....I used to and he WAS an influence right at the start of my techno djing but now i dont like him at all.. Mainly for being sooo commercial.......like last weekend he played up here in edinburgh at COLOURS.....Now what the fuk have colours got to do with techno apart from getting the biggest most sellable name to play for them, then charging 16quid to que for 45mins to get in.........

sorry but all my respect for the boy is gon.....and his djing skills ar not that great.......

ncw
24-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Overuse of FX is just laughable.
I'm not going to go off on one though.

But the "King of the Turntables" (outside hip hop) made me chuckle...

Numeric
24-03-2004, 01:39 PM
Man, words fail me...

LMFAO...

Clarkus
24-03-2004, 02:15 PM
Don't mind dave clarke myself.........apart from hi appauling taste in clothing :lol:
The god like status this guy holds for him is a bit odd though!!!

StoQ
24-03-2004, 03:08 PM
I can mix but i don't like Dava Clark's music :) r e s p e c t

jonnyspeed
24-03-2004, 04:35 PM
I will not join the mediocrity that is Dave Clark

Stella Boy
24-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Must admit I'm not into his current style but if he was down to playing a classic DC set then I'd be at the front of the que.

massplanck
24-03-2004, 08:48 PM
just another 1 of the sheep talkin cods*it.

And you can prove this can you? Hes another sheep? What sort of sheep is he? One who follows dance music? One who follows techno maybe? or maybe someone who just likes dave clarke because he likes dave clarke?

Hey Look!! theres a person in a wheelchair lets take the piss out of him too..

jonnyspeed
24-03-2004, 09:17 PM
[quote="basslinejunkie"just another 1 of the sheep talkin codshit.[quote] can I steal that? lol

eyes without a face
24-03-2004, 09:20 PM
how original. ANOTHER "lets slag Dave Clarke" post

mind u there hasnt been one on an internet message board for a while so it was probably due!

come on peeps, we've all been here before, lets get some serious topics of discussion instead of "is Dave Clarke a good Dj?" etc etc etc etc etc

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!! !!!!!

tioneb
24-03-2004, 09:45 PM
how original. ANOTHER "lets slag Dave Clarke" post

mind u there hasnt been one on an internet message board for a while so it was probably due!

come on peeps, we've all been here before, lets get some serious topics of discussion instead of "is Dave Clarke a good Dj?" etc etc etc etc etc

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!! !!!!!

100% with you, this topic is pointless. we have all our own tastes

eyes without a face
24-03-2004, 09:51 PM
word

basslinejunkie
24-03-2004, 09:58 PM
just another 1 of the sheep talkin cods*it.

And you can prove this can you? Hes another sheep? What sort of sheep is he? One who follows dance music? One who follows techno maybe? or maybe someone who just likes dave clarke because he likes dave clarke?

Hey Look!! theres a person in a wheelchair lets take the piss out of him too..

eh??? :eh: whats that got 2 do with anything? my point is they all love clarke so much coz thats all they know,theyve had the WOOL pulled over there eyes and think techno=dave clarke.

basslinejunkie
24-03-2004, 10:02 PM
its like saying judge jules=hard trance.im not being argumentitive or anything m8 btw,its just ppl follow these dj's around like sheep thinking they are the best when they blantantly arent. :roll:

jake
24-03-2004, 10:19 PM
brits who love to talk shits.. i saw dave clarke play in detroit and can say he has some amazing technical skills that anyone on this list would kill for. we could all have a better track selection than him :twisted: but to deny him the credit of being an amazing dj is retarded. judge jules on the other hand................. is a bumbling fool.. sad to say that clarkey and jules kinda dress alike now :cry:

http://newyearsevela.com/2004/jules.jpg

basslinejunkie
24-03-2004, 10:25 PM
ive seen him when hes been quality 2 m8.dont get me wrong i respect him,hes acieved more than i ever will,but on the hole i dont rate him,not anymore anyway.using fx is amazing provided its in time/complements the music,but when it takes your focus off the music because its blatantly out of time then its poor.topic closed 4 me,im not gettin in2 any arguments with u all :roll:

jonnyspeed
24-03-2004, 11:07 PM
we could all have a better track selection than him :twisted:

QED. without decent tunes you ain't shit.

Capone
25-03-2004, 01:40 AM
Personally, I think a lot of people now see it as the'done thing' to slate Clarke, who, on his day, is a top class dj. Ya, he does come across as a tosser..ya, he does play some tripe at times, but to dismiss him as being a poor DJ is absolute rubbish, and is an opinion stemming from jealousy, ignorance, or both.

Sunil
25-03-2004, 01:45 AM
Clarke still plays some great techno, I've seen a few recent charts of his and a lot of it was spot on.

Dustin Zahn
25-03-2004, 02:44 AM
At least at his level of stardom he still has the balls to play stuff such as Makaton, Wunsch, BMB, etc.

When's the last time you heard Coxy or Fergie bangin' a Warm Up record?

Numeric
25-03-2004, 09:05 AM
He used to be an awesome DJ, he's not anymore, and he doesn't know how to implement effects properly, or maybe he's been having off days every time i've heard him spin recently...

:lol:

Tony
25-03-2004, 02:26 PM
i think your missing downys point, this has turned into a dave clarke slagging centre, but i think downy was wanting you to laugh your ass off at this muppet

You know these Clarke bashers out there piss me off. Dave is by far the undisputed king of the turntables (outside hip hop) easily. By anyones standards. I dont really like some of the stuff he plays sometimes but always enjoy seeing him just for the WOW factor involved.

Anyone who says his sets are shit full of bad overused affects is a ****in muppet in my opinion who obviously feels pretty inferior with his/her own skills on the decks.

Overusing fx....? ****in yes...thats why we love it.

undisputed king of the turntables, hmmmm. he's good, and if we all got sent as many records as him we'd have the tune choice too. but king of... i dont think so. king of the pioneer effects knob, a contendor.

death on a stick
25-03-2004, 02:42 PM
he does play some tripe at times, but to dismiss him as being a poor DJ is absolute rubbish
Good DJs never play tripe. By your own account, he is not a good DJ.

and is an opinion stemming from jealousy, ignorance, or both.
Given your point above, I think you may want to assess your own level of ignorance.

Dave is by far the undisputed king of the turntables (outside hip hop) easily.
That's one of the most laughably stupid comments I've ever seen on a message board. I'm guessing whoever said that has only seen 2 DJs. Those being Dave Clarke and Ali G.

Esox Lucius
25-03-2004, 02:51 PM
spot on tony, I couldn't believe what the guy typed.

I agree clarke over uses the fx, i dont hear any structure to his set & he plays some god awful music.

although he has got good technical skills, but that's not just what makes a good dj imo.

basslinejunkie
25-03-2004, 09:44 PM
[quote="death on a stick I'm guessing whoever said that has only seen 2 DJs. Those being Dave Clarke and Ali G.[/quote]

exactly,thats y i used the expression 'sheep'.

Braindead
25-03-2004, 11:52 PM
king of the pioneer effects knob, a contendor.

I think that's the best phrase I've heard in a long time...Will keep me amused till next week :)

JACKSTAR
26-03-2004, 02:27 AM
money can't buy u taste......

The Teknoist.
26-03-2004, 07:35 AM
no no no.

now when Judge Jules drops 3 Drummer tracks in a row after Ferry Corstens new chart trance thing then follows the Drummer tracks with some other out of key uplifting tripe. Then he truly is the techno master.

The Teknoist.
26-03-2004, 07:53 AM
Just as well that it was the same night i later threw a glass of water all over him much to the amusment of myself, Saki NZyme and Nick Anarchy. The rest of the fudgers didnt find it so funny and it looked like they were going to cry.

Tony
26-03-2004, 12:36 PM
OOOH! you rowdy techno rebel you! ;)

The Teknoist.
26-03-2004, 12:51 PM
wouldnt say that, more of a bitter attention seeker ;)

Col
26-03-2004, 05:53 PM
i love this sort of thread. hilarious.

Capone
26-03-2004, 07:52 PM
he does play some tripe at times, but to dismiss him as being a poor DJ is absolute rubbish
Good DJs never play tripe. By your own account, he is not a good DJ.

and is an opinion stemming from jealousy, ignorance, or both.
Given your point above, I think you may want to assess your own level of ignorance.

Whether a track is "tripe" or not, is a matter of individual taste.....obviously Clarke considers it decent, that's why he's playing it, but I may consider it 'tripe' 'cos that's my right as an individual, same as anyone else. I'm positive, that even the biggest Clarke fans would agree that some of his tune selection, at time, is not to their taste.

Are you honestly saying that you've liked every single track in every single set you've ever heard??? Load of ****ing bollox man, every DJ is going to play a few tracks that certain people may dislike, or even detest.....to state otherwise is bullshit.

As for my "level of ignorance", it's infinitely less than your level of pretentious arrogance, and your snotty attitude.

TOSSER.

Stuart
29-03-2004, 04:49 PM
Hahahahahahaaaa! This is one funny thread. Everyone's entitiled to their opinion though.

Thats exactly the point. but this guy is saying if you don't like him it's because your jealous.
Is it ****. it's because he plays too many fx.

FILTERZ
05-04-2004, 02:53 PM
a good dj is one that YOU like

Stuart
05-04-2004, 03:12 PM
brits who love to talk shits.. i saw dave clarke play in detroit and can say he has some amazing technical skills that anyone on this list would kill for. we could all have a better track selection than him :twisted: but to deny him the credit of being an amazing dj is retarded. judge jules on the other hand................. is a bumbling fool.. sad to say that clarkey and jules kinda dress alike now :cry:

http://www.inukshuk.org.uk/jules.jpg

thats more like it

jake
06-04-2004, 12:28 AM
hahahhahaah stuart.. i didnt know you could make such a horrible picture look so funny!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :lol: :love: :shock: :crackup: :cool: :rambo: :twisted: :evil:

The Overfiend
06-04-2004, 12:39 AM
:snooty:

The Overfiend
06-04-2004, 12:40 AM

thats more like it

Can we at least leave out the pube fro next time around? Last thing we need is some blokes parents thinking he's a flame based on a pic of Judge Jules, never mind a naked one. :lol:

The Overfiend
06-04-2004, 12:44 AM
to state otherwise is bullshit.
As for my "level of ignorance", it's infinitely less than your level of pretentious arrogance, and your snotty attitude.
TOSSER.
Slow down Speedy
Ease up :!:
Objectify yourselves. Talk about music don't "slag" each other.

Homey Don't Play That.
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=homey+the+clown/v=2/l=IVS/*-http://valdefierro.com/ilc44e.jpg

Stuart
06-04-2004, 10:16 AM

thats more like it

Can we at least leave out the pube fro next time around? Last thing we need is some blokes parents thinking he's a flame based on a pic of Judge Jules, never mind a naked one. :lol:

I thought it added to the picture. lol

The Overfiend
06-04-2004, 02:06 PM

Added to me throwing up last night's dinner all over the screen.

Stuart
06-04-2004, 03:08 PM

Added to me throwing up last night's dinner all over the screen.

PMSL I was going to give him a muff for a beard too.

278d7e64a374de26f==