PDA

View Full Version : umek..

Boboagogo
25-03-2004, 02:33 PM
just heard a clip on juno of his latest on consumer rec. and if the clips anything to go by it sounds like hes keeping it dark :clap:

loko
26-03-2004, 04:55 PM
alot of his stuff recently has been going fairly breaky anyway (pharmacid, tontol)its good but defo prefer his darker stuff like benazol, bodycounter BUT ya will never beat lanicor in my opinion!stil one of my favourite (and first) proper techno tracks!yes i have only been listenin to techno recently so go easy!
word aside........what sort of stuff does laibach play?hes from slovenia aswell and hes playin in dublin soon!much like umek?

Inquisitor
26-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Laibach is an old industrial band from Slovenia and is much more and defo not like umek. Altho they colaborated on the last tune on umeks Neuro album, and he remixed a tune from their last album(Tanz mit Laibach- which is shit btw).

http://www.laibach.nsk.si/

Sunil
26-03-2004, 06:12 PM
Laibach is an old industrial band from Slovenia and is much more and defo not like umek. Altho they colaborated on the last tune on umeks Neuro album, and he remixed a tune from their last album(Tanz mit Laibach- which is shit btw).

word is that Umek produced Laibach's last album. And am I the only one that loves Johannes Heil's mix of "Tanz mit"? ****in hell, it's great :clap:

Inquisitor
26-03-2004, 07:30 PM
He did help with some production yeh, after all they work in the same studio, nevertheless the album aint great and esp zeta rmx is awful but heil's rmx really is the best fo all.

Capone
26-03-2004, 07:57 PM

word is that Umek produced Laibach's last album. And am I the only one that loves Johannes Heil's mix of "Tanz mit"? **** hell, it's great :clap:

No boss, you're dead right, it's quality alright, much btter than Umeks mix IMHO. Thought it wouldn't be hard enough for your taste though!!??

massplanck
26-03-2004, 08:22 PM

word is that Umek produced Laibach's last album. And am I the only one that loves Johannes Heil's mix of "Tanz mit"? **** hell, it's great :clap:

no you are not.

Sunil
27-03-2004, 12:10 AM
No boss, you're dead right, it's quality alright, much btter than Umeks mix IMHO. Thought it wouldn't be hard enough for your taste though!!??

yes, it did only weigh in at 6.4 on the 'hard' Richter scale :dontevengothere: but it does appeal to my sensitive side :love:

Col
28-03-2004, 11:44 PM
i bought a umek release on novamute a couple of months ago. i was impressed. i think he comes in for some undue critiscm at times, although admittingley i find some of his releases a little cheesy, there are times when he comes up with some good original stuff.

The Overfiend
29-03-2004, 12:58 AM
i bought a umek release on novamute a couple of months ago. i was impressed. i think he comes in for some undue critiscm at times, although admittingley i find some of his releases a little cheesy, there are times when he comes up with some good original stuff.

And thats the bottom line because stone col said so!

Capone
29-03-2004, 01:00 AM

Ya, I agree, but he drew a lot of the criticism on himself by loosing all quality-control for a while, and churning out some real cheesey, stale rubbish.

278d7e64a374de26f==