PDA

View Full Version : Apple G4 disaster

herman
25-03-2004, 04:16 PM
I have been having an ongoing problem with my g4 recently which ended in it dying completely last week. After having all kinds of trouble just getting someone to identify the problem for me i have now found out i apprently have a dead mother board which will need replacing at the cost of get this ......£600 ish and thats just the price of the motherboard. and as a special added bonus my warrenty ran out a month ago.

i think a return to pc's is on the cards very soon

Barely Human
25-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Thats Mac's for ya mate ;) :lol:

jake
28-03-2004, 11:08 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

this site might have the motherboard
http://www.shrevesystems.com/

cntrl
06-04-2004, 09:15 PM
i had a problem that sounded exactly like this. the comptuer wouldn't respond to anything. wouldn't even turn on.

i took it to the store and the guy there wanted to charge me 300dollars to fix it. i hesitated and then the guy i usually deal with saw me and fixed the problem for naught, on the spot.

wish i could remember exactly what he said. but they just launched it from another computer and reset something. they said it had been a common problem

if it's going to cost you that much, it's worth getting a second opinion.

herman
14-04-2004, 09:32 PM
I have been having an ongoing problem with my g4 recently which ended in it dying completely last week. After having all kinds of trouble just getting someone to identify the problem for me i have now found out i apprently have a dead mother board which will need replacing at the cost of get this ......£600 ish and thats just the price of the motherboard. and as a special added bonus my warrenty ran out a month ago.

just found out that this isn't the motherboard but it is actually one of the processer's has overheated and blown. the guy at the repair place has told me it seems to be a common fault with the early g4 models but apple wont admit to it, have to say im pretty furious about this as its still going to cost me the best part of £400 to get it fixed and there seems very little i can do about it because of the lack of warrenty.

DJ SPUDIE
14-04-2004, 10:34 PM

just found out that this isn't the motherboard but it is actually one of the processer's has overheated and blown. the guy at the repair place has told me it seems to be a common fault with the early g4 models but apple wont admit to it, have to say im pretty furious about this as its still going to cost me the best part of £400 to get it fixed and there seems very little i can do about it because of the lack of warrenty.

****ing Stich

278d7e64a374de26f==