PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal vs Man Utd (Prem)

Numeric
26-03-2004, 11:17 AM
Man, i hope we can salvage some kind of dignity and beat Arsenal this weekend. Utd need everyone to be at the top of their game, and functioning as a team, that way we have a chance...

Here's the side i would field...

Keeper: Howard
Right Back: G Neville
Centre Back: Brown
Centre Back: Silvestre
Left Back: O'Shea
Right Midfield: Solskjaer
Centre Midfield: Keane
Centre Midfield: Scholes
Left Midfield: Giggs
Forward: Saha
Forward: V. Nistelrooy

Hard to leave young Christiano out i know, but he can come off the bench to do some damage if need be...

C'mon Utd...

:rambo:

Esox Lucius
26-03-2004, 11:26 AM
believe it or not i would love to see united win this game, i would love to see arsenal slip up, i hate them more than any other team in the prem...bastards :twisted:

lukekendall
26-03-2004, 11:47 AM
Arsenal to win 2 , 0

cant really see man u winning, maybe a drw

Numeric
26-03-2004, 12:09 PM
believe it or not i would love to see united win this game, i would love to see arsenal slip up, i hate them more than any other team in the prem...bastards :twisted:

Nice one Downy lad...

:clap:

CHUCK-E
26-03-2004, 11:34 PM
COME ON GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONERS

LEHMANN
LAUREN
TOURE
CAMPBELL
COLE
LJUNGBERG
VIEIRA
EDU
PIRES
BERGKAMP
HENRY

IF EVERY 1s FIT

AV IT

Ashley
27-03-2004, 12:11 AM
Arsenal to win :twisted:

ADDI
27-03-2004, 10:50 AM
Arsenal to win :twisted:

yeah i tend to agree ash !!!

ARSENAL TO HUMP SCUMCHESTER UNITED!! :lol:

Ashley
27-03-2004, 02:25 PM
:clap: :twisted:

Col
27-03-2004, 07:59 PM
arsenal 3-1. easy.

remeber if arsenal dont lose tomoz, they break the record for the longest run of matches unbeaten in one season.

Numeric
29-03-2004, 08:45 AM

What a game, good performance, especially to come back from a goal down, the boyz worked hard did and shown some real character. They did us proud, well in Wesley lad, better performance, c'mon Utd...

Shame Ole and Saha couldn't start, i think the game would have been very different is they had, at times we had Arsenal on the ropes. The Prem may be finished, but this result stands us in good stead for next week...

Bring it on...

Esox Lucius
29-03-2004, 10:42 AM
was a good match that, utd played well.

thierry's goal was sheer class :cool:

lukekendall
29-03-2004, 11:53 AM
yeah done Man u

they did show good character!!

Henrys goal was a blinder, also wes brown had a good game :doh:

Sam_Horam
29-03-2004, 08:21 PM
I enjoyed the game yesterday although I thought that we nearly blew it due to Wenger's poor substitutions. I'm sure that if we hadn't brought Gilberto and Cygan on we could have continued to control the game. It just seemed to upset the balance of the side, and it's something that's happened quite a lot recently (although I suppose that in the situation we're in it's hard to pick too many faults).

I have to say that I remain to be convinced by Gilberto. I'm sure Wenger will persist with him but he needs to start making more of an impact in midfield.

Henry's goal was spectacular but I think a better keeper would have saved it.

Sets things up for what is gonna be a cracker on Saturday. Yesterday's game was a reminder of just how good Arsenal v Man Utd games can be.

Numeric
30-03-2004, 11:30 AM
I enjoyed the game yesterday although I thought that we nearly blew it due to Wenger's poor substitutions. I'm sure that if we hadn't brought Gilberto and Cygan on we could have continued to control the game. It just seemed to upset the balance of the side, and it's something that's happened quite a lot recently (although I suppose that in the situation we're in it's hard to pick too many faults).

I have to say that I remain to be convinced by Gilberto. I'm sure Wenger will persist with him but he needs to start making more of an impact in midfield.

Henry's goal was spectacular but I think a better keeper would have saved it.

Sets things up for what is gonna be a cracker on Saturday. Yesterday's game was a reminder of just how good Arsenal v Man Utd games can be.

I don't think it's fair to say that Arsenal bossed the game or 'blew it' on sunday, Utd played well and forced the issue. We were well worthy of the draw, and could have taken all three points. Wenger may have made changes towards the end, but so did Utd, Ole and Saha made the differance...

From what i've seen of Arsenal this season, Edu has always seemed perform better than Giblerto... ;)

Sam_Horam
30-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Indeed Edu has played a lot better than Gilberto and it looks like he's now established himself next to Vieira, which is thoroughly deserved. Looks like we may have finally got a partner for Vieira in midfield, for the first time since Petit.

The point I was making is that having gone 1 up in a fairly even game I don't think the substitutions made by Wenger were the best way to hold the lead (or extend it). You may have gone on to equalize anyway but I think that had we kept our shape and continued to attack more we would probably have held on, it just seemed to end up giving you the initiative.

Ashley
01-04-2004, 10:10 PM
12pm kick off, cant wait to watch this :twisted:
bbc 1 folks.

278d7e64a374de26f==