PDA

View Full Version : 4 tracks online! - id love a bit o feeback

Jimfish
14-02-2003, 07:07 PM
http://missionparty.com/mix/
- you'll see which files are mine

'fingerprints' is somthin im workin on at the mo.... my first real go at somthin harder, so i wanted some feedback before i finish it off....
the others are all pretty old and quite different to each other...but i dont have many tracks mp3'd up - yet...

still, i hope you enjoy them, i have enjoyed listening to many of yours!

MARKEG
14-02-2003, 07:58 PM
Wow there's some really talented ppl on this board. I'm very surprised by what alot of you are doing. Jim Fish - this is really good stuff (listening on my computer). There's really not alot to critisise from my point of view right now. You 've got your own style and sound and that really shines through. Great!!!

If you can possibly send me a CD, then I can listen properly in the studio and comment even better, perhaps give you a few pointers for labels. :D

Jimfish
14-02-2003, 08:09 PM
thankyou very much...you're not so bad yerself you know!!
I'll gladly send you a cd...
as far as labels go im working closly with the swedes and im going over there in a couple of months to work with a few of the boys, which is going to be good i hope and teach me a lot... Prime are sniffing round quite a bit too, they are talking about giving me some primate/evil ep's to boost my profile...hope that all comes off! Also im working closly with mark williams on his labels (real vinyl, artificial, real sessions) and a new project called midisync ....which will be mostly dean R, myself and Staffan Ehrlin (slobodobodobodan) dean is talking about somthing for the unknown forces album too...
The last 6 months lots has happened for me...there is lots going on, but still not enough to keep me going full time but im getting there... any advice you may have on other labels i can hit with stuff would be greatly appreciated!
email me yer addy and ill sort it out...
mmm...i'll pop some of this flapjack my birds just made in there too...its superb!!

Jimfish
14-02-2003, 08:10 PM
actually, what am i saying?? there is no way you are getting your hands on this flapjack!!! its all mine!!

Tyrisia
16-02-2003, 06:13 PM
Tell ya what, u've got some cool tracks here, I really like fingerprints, excellent deep groover, I can see why Prime r interested! I reckon u should do a few more harder tracks - I love the arrangement, stays minimal but interesting at the same time, and builds real well, better than a lot of what I hear down the local record shop anyway.

Jimfish
16-02-2003, 06:46 PM
awww gee thanks :)
yeah, id like to do some harder bits, but im waiting to move house (3 more weeks), where im gonna be setting up around a mackie 24...
I think harder tracks - with more dist. etc really do need more analogue outboard, so im gonna do tracks like that once ive moved...
i really dont like distortion done on computer...i need some warmth - its particularly noticable on mid/tops - stuff just sound too crunchy....
listen to that loop that comes in during the main break of fingerprints for an example of what i mean....no warmth dammit!

Anonymous
16-02-2003, 06:56 PM
I'm no expert, but i got a TL Fat 1 valve compressor that I run stuff through an it works a treat, best 200 quid I ever spent! I know what u mean about computers thou - n I haven't got any money to buy good plugins either, but the best results I've had with what I've got is that Ohmforce Fromaghe plugin. What do u use to get ur synth sounds by the way?

Jimfish
16-02-2003, 06:59 PM
pretty much all the main plugins...they are all good for different things...
yeah...i do need somthing like that...im tgetting a tl ivory channel strip to go with me new setup tho...so should be sweet!

daviec
04-04-2003, 11:19 PM
I've just downloaded the fingerprints track and the one with Staffan Ehrlin.

Quality! :D 8)

I particularly liked the one with Staffan. Sounds like the kind of tune I could fit in near the middle of my set.

Impressive.

MARKEG
07-04-2003, 12:05 PM
got your new record can't remember what label it's on - a 4 tracker...

very nice...

:D

278d7e64a374de26f==